Stargate: Atlantis Fan Fiction / Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction / Stargate SG1 Fan Fiction ❯ Universegate ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: This is a parody inspired by the works of Nickelodeon and Sci-fi Channel. All characters that I have not created or borrowed from other sources are theirs. This is a Fan fiction and not meant to violate the rights of those who own the rights to the Avatar:The Last Airbender or the various Stargate Series. I have no money and therefore not a good suing target. Thank you very much.

Universegate

Chapter Four

Back at Stargate Command...

The video was rolling on the Avatar and his mission on his world. Of the line of incarnations and their mission to keep the balance between the world, between the mortal and spiritual as well as the other countries. Then it told of his role in the war and how he was able to end it with minimum bloodshed for all involved. Then it discussed his personal traits and habits. Hank was able to see details on the Chinese representive's face turn dark at this new.

'The fact these people have some chinese like background, she was expecting that they would be able to exploit this aspect for some benefit for their country. Yet the Avatar has some resemblance to the Dali Lama, which is not going to go over well with her bosses. Still, we will need some of their help in translating the written language of the Avatar world.' thought the General as he saw the finishing of the film. It was time for more questions and answers.

"So with these... precautions, you believe that a dimensional hub would be able to withstand attacks from outside forces. Yet what else are you asking of us?" asked the Chinese representive, as she took a closer look at the general.

"We have been willing to aid their Stargate program in exchange for their help with both Stargate Command and the Atlantis Expedition. We also would like to look at some of the Ancient's technology for our use. So far we have found a small number of Zero Point Modules which have full charges on them. Apparently, they found a way to charge the modules with power converted from the natural qi energy within this universe." spoke the General as he waited for the question which was to follow.

"What is this qi energy?" asked the French representive, looking a little confused at the matter.

"If it's the same as the word on our planet, it is a form of mystical energy found in all things. Energy which can be increased with training and experience. It is usually related with eastern martial arts and healing techniques like acurpuncture. As far as we know it didn't exist in this universe. I take it the Avatar was able to control the qi in another body as given in the explaination of the fate of the previous Firelord." responded the Chinese representive, her knowledge of her culture giving her the ability to take control of this conversation.

"Correct as far as we can tell. Dr. McKay has even found a machine which can create ZPM using energy from qi flowing out of the body in the manner of benders. However, the problem is comprehension of the technology. Our people understand Ancient technology, but have very little information on qi data. The people of this world know much more about qi, but nothing about the Ancients. With the exception of the Avatar and even he needs time to meditate and summon those incarnations involved with the Ancients." The general knew he was getting their attention as he spoke of the possibility of a powerful new power source.

"It might be in our best interest to dispatch a small team of scientist and a few military personal of our member countries and see what aid we can deliver. Do you expect to be travelling to other dimensions as well... to see what scientific explorations we might uncover in those worlds." asked Colonal Chekov, as he acted as expected looking for the techological advancements of their country.

"The Jaffa Nation would also be interested in contact with these new allies. We have been considering aiding the Tau'ri with the defense of the city of the ancestors, now we also have another world which may need our aid defending the gate of worlds." spoke Gerek as he looked at the people gathered. Hank had not expected this, but kept his game face on.

"The Tok'ra would be interested in exploring this world, yet our responsibilities will be keeping us from following this course of action for the time being. We would love to recieve reports from our allies, the Tau'ri. We will be sending any aid that we can to help your people in their newest mission. We will be aiding your mission to counter the Ori." spoke Anise as looked disappointed at the inability of her people to take up their opertunity.

"The Asgard High Council will need more time to consider the ramifications of this news. We had never thought about using the Stargate in this way, or the possiblities it could bring. It may hold solutions to many of our problems. We will continue to support the Tau'ri and will be willing share reports on the matter." spoke Thor, his face looking as thoughtful as it could.

"We'll put off discussions for now while we break for a snack. There we can all talk to each other privately and we can get our friends from the Avatar world to discuss things." continued the General as he motioned to a nearby room filled with food.

In the tower prison at the Fire Nation Capital...

Ozai was still gathering his strength since his defeat at the hands of a child, at the hands of the accursed Avatar. His thoughts contained the same thread over and over again, 'How is it he could have taken away my power, my bending? Why couldn't he have killed me? I would have been better then this shell of a life I am living. Existing at the pleasure of others, at the pleasure of my worthless son. The same son who gained what was once mine through the Avatar. What I wouldn't give for a chance out of this mess!'

Then it was he heard the whispering of the guards from down the hallway, a skill he had developed to keep informed if his chance to regain what he had lost were to arise. He stood still and listened, "So you heard about the aliens who came through the metal ring in Ba Sing Se. From what I hear they have more advance machines then we did during the closing days of the war. They say their weapons might even be able to defeat a bending no matter the experience of the user."

"That's nothing, I hear they discovered a whole underground city full of even more advance machinery. That's where they moved the heaven doorway they have. Who knew a giant metal ring with constellations on it would be so powerful. I hear if you stand in front of the whoosh which comes out when it turns on, you are completely destroyed." said the second guard as they continued discussing the factors which had come up.

Yet the description of the gate made the former Phoenix King perk up. He had seen such a gate when he was the Firelord. It had been when he had toured the research stations for technologies to be used as weapons for the war. It had been discovered in the time of his father Azulon, yet no one could figure out how to make it work. The war minister had asked him if they wanted to continue with the research into use of the ring, yet he had turned it down in exchange for more successful line of research.

'But now, we have a doorway in our possession. Zuko would likely give it to those fools in Ba Sing Se or worse the Avatar. In my hands, I would be able to gain these advance machines which can give a non-bender the power to take down a bender... or even an Avatar. Ending the child's life has never seem so close or so enjoyable.' thought the former leader as he tried to make plans.

'There are still a few loyalist in my nation, including at least one of the guards. I might be able to make an escape from this place, but I first must secure the doorway from the warehouse where it's in buttermoth balls. This guard should be able to pass the message to few nobles and officers who can move the device to a more secure location. My favourite guard should be the one to deliver my meal in the next hour, so I had better get ready to spread the message of the rebirth of the Phoenix King.' thought Ozai as he made further plans for the future.

A day later at Lion Turtle Outpost...

Neko was preparing her room for the night at the residencial area of the Lion Turle outpost, as she she wrote a not to her parents like she did every night. Which given the fact she had been an orphan, would have been a most unusual move in deed. The fact of the matter, she was a plant in the Ministry of War's techological department. She truely belonged the the Hidden Sun Ministry, Lord Ozai's loyal and unknown spy network. Their identities were known only to the Firelord and his secret spymaster, none of the other agents knew the identity of their fellow spies.

It was known by the agents there were members in all levels of the soceity of both the colonies and the homeland. Each trained and bred to be the most loyal and cunning servants of the Firelord. To the point of even after the defeat of Ozai, they believe him to be the rightful king of the Fire Nation and the world.

'The first layer of the not is the invisible ink which contains the coded message of the information I have gather from my training as a technican for the Stargate project. The basic use of the gate and the various Stargate programs by the aliens has enabled me to pass vital knowledge. Like how to open a gate without the dialing device, or the fact all incoming wormholes would come to this gate as it has the device. Even with the Fire Stargate, we would either need to create a base on another world, or involve another insider with one of the various teams.' thought the young woman, as she continued to mail out the data for her leader.

'It will not be too much longer before the missions to other planets begin. The final arrangements are being made with the aliens. The Avatar and the suck up leaders who follow him will be meeting with the major forces of the alien's world. At the city outpost of Atlantis, which I have encoded the time the meeting will take place. This would give some time for the Phoenix King to make his escape. The question is do we continue with the mission to take this world from the weak Avatar from this world or from another world?' the spy continued to add lines of encoded data, before covering it with a visible ink between the lines of the hidden text. This would keep the message safe till the letter could be heated with controlled firebending.

'These details will allow the Phoenix King to triumph against the Avatar. From what I have overhear from the aliens, these Ancient ones could manipluate all of the elements without the need for bending. They controlled it all with the power of their minds, so it can be possible for my lord to get his power over fire back. Get that power and power over the other three elements without their weaknesses, and even more of the powers of the Avatar. I away his suggestion on what my next orders should be.' said Neko as he placed the papers in the scroll tube for the carrier of the message.

She would use a be using the traditional Cat Owl to deliver this message. They were notoriously hard to train, to the point most people didn't believe they could be trained. Yet they were almost silent when they flew and travelled at night, perfect for her purpose. They had a good homing ability and lived in the Earth Kingdom and Fire Nation. Great for hiding a message from being found. And even if it was found all it would reveal would be a daughter's not to her parents.

Neko prepared to sneak out and send off her owl, then sleep. She had training in the morning.

Back in the prison tower...

'It is embarassing to depend on someone else to heat the ink in these letters.' thought the imprisoned former Firelord, as he sorted through the papers he had gathered, under the guard of a man who he had placed in the prison detail. Even if he had been at another location during Iroh's escape, it was enough that he remained loyal after the regime change.

'The details my spy has brought me from the outpost have proved useful. The portal this 'Stargate' provides can only go one way at a time, and all incoming portals are brought to the gate at the outpost. So if I use the Fire gate, it will be for a one way trip. So I had better make a wise choice on this. Yet it should be possible for me to use the gate we have using a motor to move the glyphs on it, and the mention of using lightning to power the gate would be easy in the Fire Nation,' plans began to form in his mind. Each one of them had to have a back up plan in his mind in case of failure. He had underestimated the Avatar before and it has cost him his personal power, his firebending.

'I will need to gather the necessary tools if I was to build a force on another world to take over this one. Servants like my spies and those soldiers who are retained in my service, with a few exceptions. Like placing a few back here to maintain the fight against the Avatar, like spies in the outpost so I know what technology they have access to. Technologies I can put to a better use. Also I can have the inside men on the teams help me find the technologies I can use to rebuild an army,' he was using his cunning to develop a force to retake this planet. Even better then his plan to burn the Earth Kingdom to the ground as he would be able to force the hope out of them with his advance weaponry.

'I will have to take Azula. He mind would have made a great leader for those I would leave behind here, if she still held it all together. Now, she's not stable enough to lead any attack force left in the world when I leave it. Yet she still has her uses, even without her bending skills. Yes, a young beautiful woman could be useful in making political connections in the heavens,' he thought without a trace of shame or reluctance.

'The question is when I should make my way off this world? Soon the meeting between the Avatar, his minions and the aliens will begin on this world of Atlantis. Yet there is a chance the Fire gate could be detected before then. I am not sure if Qin has seen the plans or the actual gate, I don't remember if he was there. Yet since he has turned traitor, I will have to assume he has seen it. It will have to be moved to a safe spot as soon as possible. Then a motor must be made for the device. My orders will have to be given to lead the true children of the Fire Nation. The orders will have to be sent now!' thought Ozai as he made a noise to attract the loyal guard to him to carry his messages.

At the event on Atlantis...

t has taken all of this time to reconnect the Stargate with the systems at the outpost and the further connections with the forcefield, but now we can explore our universe and see what's out there.' thought Sokka as he mingled at the party on Atlantis to celebrate the beginning of the international project to travel using the wormhole portal.

He was watching his friends and sister mingle with the big wigs from the other universe, trying to keep on each other's good side since they each had something the other wanted. The Water Tribes warrior had migrated to the same area as the Mechanist, who was like a kid in a candy store with all of the technological advancements they had discovered in the outpost. The Earth Kingdom genius had just walked into his former 'partner' from the Fire Nation, Technological Minster Qin. The same man who had blackmailed the thinker into developing war machines.

"I know we have had our difference, but with this new policy of openness between our nations will help us put our past behind us." spoke the man in the red robes of the Fire Nation.

"Yes, well in the spirit of international co-operations. We will all have to put our pasts behind us, as long as we don't make the mistakes of the past." spoke the other man in the green and yellow clothes.

"Yes, and I have to admit seeing the gate in operation after all of those years in storage in the Fire Nation is nice." spoke Qin, which cause both Sokka and the Mechanist to look at him funny.

"The gate was found in Ba Sing Se with the dialing home device. It was never in the fire nation." come the reply from the wooden fingered man.

"I thought it was only the dialing device which was found in Ba Sing Se," said Qin with a shocked look on his face as he continued, "The gate was found in the late days of the rule of Fire Lord Azulon. I remember seeing it when we showed it off to Fire Lord Ozai as a possible use as a weapon. We just couldn't figure out how it worked. We stuck in storage till we could figure out how to make use of it. If what you said is true... what's a second gate doing in the Fire Nation."

Qin started to get shifty and nervious as he spoke, "You don't think Fire Lord Zuko is going to be too made about this?"

In a secret location in the Fire Nation...

The steam powered motor was moving the inner dial of the gate to allow for the locking of the chevrons. They had to hurry as the damage they did to the prisons and mental health facility would be noticed quickly and be reported to his accursed son. It was also the only time to leave the planet without another wormhole interrupting them according to the schedule given by his spy. Two lightning benders had just blasted the gate with the energy of electricity to power the gate and release the dial. A set of random glyphs selected from the Ancient's database were choosen to develop a base for the theft of advance technology.

"So father, why do we have to leave the nation in the hands of Zuzu again? Why aren't we torching the flesh off of the traitor and the enemy? Why are we running away like gerbil rats off a sinking ship?" asked his daughter as she stood next to him. She still seemed... off to anyone who had known the old Azula.

"Because we lost due to the fact we underestimated the Avatar, we didn't have the power to crush his body and spirit. So we are using this device to get the fire power to scourge him from the planet permanently, leaving it to us. My grandfather was right when he saw the Avatar as the threat to everything we want to accomplish. We leave here in defeat, but we will return in triumph." spoke the former Firelord as the final chevron encoded and the blast of lightning hit the ring.

A burst of what looked like water flew from the gate before returning to create a pool. The minor army the former leader had gather rushed the pool to pass through it before it closed. One world left behind them, another one before them.

Back at Atlantis...

Aang was doing his best to be a diplomat given his young age, yet there were a few of the newcommers who seemed to be difficult to connect with. Unexpectedly a messanger had come from the gate from their world with a note from a messenger hawk with a black ribbon, a note for the eyes of the Firelord only. Which would not be a good sign for the day when they were meeting with the various leaders of the Earth and Atlantis forces.

Waiting for Zuko's reaction to the news was all he had to see, it spoke volumes to the dark nature of the message. It was then that Sokka came up to Aang and started to speak, "Aang, I have to talk to you and Zuko. It's important, it seems that there's more then one gate on our world. There's a second one hidden away in the Fire Nation in some warehouse which few people know about."

While Sokka was delivering the news, Zuko had moved as quickly as possible to Aang's location and was seething with rage barely hidden. When the Firelord arrived, he spoke with a harsh tone to a soft voice, "I have bad news. Apparently people still loyal to my father and the war have blasted into the prison and helped him escape. They also removed my sister from the health clinic where she was being treated. Search parties have been heading out to search the nearby area, but no one knows where they are going."

"Why do I have a bad feeling these two things are related?" said the young Avatar as he realized something. His firebending shifu was confused until Aang enlightened him to the knew of the Fire Nation Stargate which Qin had just brought up during the meeting.

"So my father and sister are somewhere in outer space with a small army of followers, likely looking for a way to take over the planet when they return. Looking for advance technology they can use to defeat even a united force of all the remaining nations on our planet. Why do I have a feeling of dread rising from the depths of my soul?" asked Zuko as he realized the trouble which could be occuring.

"That's bad, but remember with the Earth People said when they started to use the Stargate. One of the first races they discovered when they use the Earth and Atlantis gates were powerful enemies, who began to search for their homeworld. Not for anything good. This is the reason we have taken all of this time to strengthen the defenses we have to avoid destruction. Now we have Ozai and his group wandering around the universe, maybe wandering into a group of bad people who might be lead back here. We have to find them and quickly." spoke the twelve year old making the best choice he could with the information they had. He would need all the help he could get to avoid major trouble.

On another world...

It had taken several hours to transport all of his small army of followers to the new planet which would make up their base to gain the technology they would need. Ozai had just finished his speech to the troops who had remained loyal to the banished lord, before retiring to his quarters in the strength castle like structure they had found on their fifth time through the gate. In it he had restated their mission, to overturn the backstabbing victory of their foes.

"It was obvious that traitors like my jealous brother and others like him had cost us the war. The Avatar had use evil, inhuman spirits to give him the power to seal my powers within me. The accursed child had used dark knowledge to break the power of the Fire Nation, even in the face of total vitory destiny was to deliver us. Yet it was also fate which delivered our new victory against the evil of the Avatar. The Fire Nation Stargate!" was the beginning of the main body of his speech.

He continued, "We have used the gate to escape the unjust envy of the other nations to the great sharing of civillation we would have brought them. The glory of being part of the Fire Nation. Now we must search for the technological advantage which would give us the ability to give birth to a new nation, one not bound by the accursed balance of the Avatar. We have left the weak traitors of our former nation to build a stronger nation. We give rise to the Phoenix Empire under the watch of the Phoenix Emperor, myself."

Ozai remembered that bit and had wished he could have managed to get a great visual display of power at that moment, but he had limited resources at the moment. When the empire returned to his world, there would be such a display of power so no one could doubt his power. What had followed was the development of planning to get the materials they would need to survive. Once their survival was assured, they would continue to the true mission of conquest.

For the moment, they were weak. Yet within the flames of defeat, they would be reborn stronger then ever!