Stargate: Atlantis Fan Fiction / Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction / Stargate SG1 Fan Fiction ❯ Universegate ❯ Chapter Seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: This is a parody inspired by the works of Nickelodeon and Sci-fi Channel. All characters that I have not created or borrowed from other sources are theirs. This is a Fan fiction and not meant to violate the rights of those who own the rights to the Avatar:The Last Airbender or the various Stargate Series. I have no money and therefore not a good suing target. Thank you very much.

Universegate

Chapter Seven

Doctor Elizabeth Weir was looking at the request for aid from the Asur'ras, which seemed to be their version of the Tok'ra, for the collection of two captured alien symbiants. Each one with the powers of an Avatar, able to command all of the elements of nature from air to earth to fire and finally water. The Avatar had decided to aid with the rescue attempt himself with the desire to meet other Avatar who were not... him.

The Asur'ras high command were also interested in the Original Asur'ras as well, which were from the naming hints the original SG-1 team and others. There was also a link with the Goa'uld Lord Ba'al as he lead the mainstream fraction of the Goa'uld known as the De'vas empire. There was also the mention of a powerful force known as the Tablet of Destiny, if this remained in De'vas hands and they gained the power of the Avatars, all would be lost.

"Which is why I brought all of you here. Stargate command had asked if the Atlantis Expedition could hand this situation. They hope the collective skills of this team and their experience with the Avatar world would work in making sure this mission is a success. This is what has been asked of us.

The rescue of two Avatar-level Goa'uld, who hold the ability to allow their host to control all four elements. The collection and destruction of all notes in regard to the experiments of the De'vas on these symbiants. If possible, they would like our help in recording anything we might be able to get from the Tablet of Fate. Okay, I will answer your questions."

"Okay, what makes these... Avatar snakes different from the normal ones?" asked Shepard as he tried to wrap his head around it.

"From the reports from the Asur'ras themselves, the Avatar spirits contain a lot of enlightened knowledge and chi. The first Avatar Goa'ulds seemed to be linked with a Goa'uld queen's base where the symbiants were bred. Avatar spirits seemed to be attracted to sentient beings, and with De'vas the only ones being born on this planet, the Avatar was reborn as a Goa'uld.

The energy of the Avatar acted as a sort of purification of negative aspect of the aliens, creating ones not unlike the Tok'ra in thinking. This one proved to be a queen and began to create children who revered wisdom and compassion. More of them were born of non-sentiant lifeform world and more Avatar Goa'uld were created. They then founded the Asur'ras after witnessing the cruelties of the De'vas, named after the demons from their lore.

No Avatar Goa'uld has been born with all the natural traits or their normal levels of those traits we normally see in the regular symbiants in our world, but they do have a number of faults as well. Some even have displayed arrogance from time to time. The Avatar queens have been known to give birth to bender symbiants which has left a unique power balance with the De'vas and their own Jafend bender and the De'vas bender hosts.

This has not stopped the De'vas from experimenting with Asur'ras to find a way to make De'vas Avatars, but most fail with death for either host or symbiants. Till recently most of the experiments had failed, but a few earlier tests on Asur'ras bender symbiants had created a method of blanking the mind of the alien. It would then begin to imprint the mind of the host onto the symbiant. Which in itself is dangerous, but worth the power to the Emperor of the De'vas Empire.

This would require a host with the mind of a Goa'uld. The Asur'ras has received knowledge of an alliance with the escapes from the Fire Nation. Ozai and Azula are two perfect subjects for the transferance proccess for the Goa'uld, given their burnt earth tactics in crushing the Earth Kingdom. Either one of those two holding Avatar type power would bring troubles with our allies on Avatar Aang's world. So this is the reason we will be helping them. We have pictures of the physical changes to the Goa'uld do to the purification by the Avatar spirits. Any other questions?"

"Okay, the next question has to be what is the Tablet of Destiny?" asked Shepard as he continued with the mission briefing.

"According to Sumerian legend, it was a stone tablet with cuneiform writing which gives the 'god' who holds it total control over the universe. Like a crown gives a kind rulership over his land. It was also linked with the Sumerian idea of me, a series of divine degrees for social order. Social institutions, religious practices, technologies, behaviours, mores and human conditions which are the base of their civilization.

The information we get is the 'Tablets' that Hadad or Ba'al has are a type of computer database with a great detail of information on a number of topics. Especially that of the technologies which they had accesss to. Which includes Ancients in both universes, Asgard, Goa'uld, and others gained by Anubus before being taken by Ba'al.

The access to this information might give us a hint of how an ancient power of Goa'ulds which has information of current events of our world has come into existance. It could also give us more details of useful technology and how to adapt the power of UGC-0002 tech to our world. So you can see what this is important, which was why you were brought in.

Dr. McKay is the only one in our group with the experience to hack the information on the Ava'uld and then move on to the Tablet before deleting it all with a computer virus. Dr. Beckett is also being sent with you to check out the health of the symbiants. The rest of you are to protect them and if possible stop the implantation of any of the Ava'uld into anyone. If those goa'uld were to get into the wrong person they would be the start of a dangerous change of power balance in our new friend's world.

Understand?"

"Creating a computer virus would likely take hours to effect all of the systems which compose the De'vas tech if is it a hybred of Ancient, Asgard and Goa'uld. There could be multiple failsafes like the ones being use on the Atlantis mainframe, which could cause erasure to be impossible." said McKay as he made a note of a mission flaw.

"But I'm guessing Rodney you have been working on something like that in your spare time, given the times the city has been taken by the enemy." said Shepard as he tried to nudge Rodney's ego.

"I have been working on an emergancy device to eliminate an ancient database like the one we have here, it is still in the infant stages of development. It hasn't been tested yet..."

"Which means it's a great chance to test this on something we don't have to worry about missing when it's gone." said Ronan as he gave the most obvious answer to the doubts.

"Okay, so how are we going to download all of the information we want? I doubt we can use any of the hard drives that we have here for that purpose?" continued McKay, as he worked out the problems with the mission. Hints of his lack of courage showing.

"The Asur'ras have given us some of their computer tech to record the information we need and they need. They will make a copy they will keep and they will allow us to retain the original. They are also sending some of the Jafend to aid in the mission and to act as willing hosts for the Ava'uld. They have been asked to perform this mission." continued Dr. Weir, as she tried to neutralize the fears of their scientific member.

"Okay, we have the ability and the means to complete the mission. We have back up from the Aang and his friends as well as Jafend. We have less then a week to perform the mission before the implantation of the Ava'uld to what we expect is the group of escaped criminals from the Fire Nation. Everything is likely to go as planned once we're on our way. So why do I have the feeling we're about to go into the depths of hell on this mission? Anyone with any answers why that is, anyone?" asked Rodney as he made the forecast of doom which was common with the glass half-empty mindset of the good doctor.

Everyone just gave him a dark look like he was just asking for trouble on this mission. Dr. Weir began to give out the location of the launching point for the mission on Aang's world. From there would be a teleportation to a nearby system where they would travel by space ship to the world and a cloaked landing on the implantation world. Then they would be given the co-ordinates for main complex as well as plans from the spy within.

Like Rodney said, nothing could go wrong...

Elsewhere, on a De'vas world....

Ozai was watching as his daughter was strapped into the machine, which resembled a chair with strange circular objects which were surrounding chair at head level. Metal pins were ejected from the device into the flesh of the female firebender as the De'vas scientist was working on the connections of the machine.

"This is a device we use to create Za'tarc, an assassin which can be programmed by us so they would be triggered by the arrival of a powerful enemy and cause their death before the assassin eliminates themselves. We cloak the programming behind the shield of false memories. We are using this in combination of a memory recall device we developed to amplify neural activities used and created when memories are.

The plan is to look for the moment the... break within your daughter and then seek out the ability to neutralize the weakness before amplifying the strengths. The interface has been scanning for the week point from some time before the theft of your victory and the Day of Black Sun victory. This is the point you gave for the break..."

Ozai listened as the man-god next to him explained the process of Azula was going through, hoping this would bring back the effective child who lead to victories for the Fire Nation. The only hint of betrayal was giving the credit to Zuko for the Avatar's death and not speaking up about the Avatar's continued existance, one which had given him the worst pain one such as he could experience.

'But even now, I might pull out a victory from these ashes. I can gain an Avatar of my own who will lead my forces to victory and kill the Air Nomad weakling. It is also a chance for myself to gain the power of all four elements, power to control bending itself, which I will use for a better purpose.' thought the former Fire Lord as he continued to watch the screens floating before him as the images changed.

"Hmmm, it seems that the breaking point was at some place known as The Boiling Rocks. A prison from the looks of it. Seems that her friends betrayed her when she tried to capture or eliminate her brother. The idea fear could be defeated by love and friendship as well as those she thought she could control rising against her gave her the paranoia and fears which drove her mad. Interesting. My men are now developing an variant of the event which would allow her world view before this point to continue past this point, to alter the tint of all of the following events in the proper light."

Images danced of those memories and the events surrounding them, disgusting the Phoenix King as those who should have known better betrayed his power. Or at least the person wielding his power in the case of Azula. Several of the alien's scientists were tapping at the letter boards which were giving commands for the process. Pictures were stopped and were turned into patchwork of wires before those wires were altered and the pictures changed. Voices were played and the words spoken were sliced into their different sound so they could be reconstructed.

"The system of mental conditioning is going along well enough, with the exception of her fightining the process. She knows what we are going to do, but we have needed to up the doses of the mental relaxation drugs and the various mind numbing techniques to allow her mind to accept the new memories. She has a very strong mind, but we need to crack before we can strengthen it.

This is one of many issues with the system we have been correcting for centuries as our knowledge of the human mind is expanded. It is so amazing how the mind can fight against anything which attacks it, even when it's for the person's best interest. I suppose we might as well step out and futher our agreements as your daughter is processed. Uploading memories are easy, but their downloading will take much more time. Several hours in fact since it also has to fight against Azula's mind. So follow me..."

Ozai followed the alien god to a nearby room which had been set up for the a friendly meeting between leaders. With fresh fruits and deserts as well as fine wines of an unknown type, soft chairs which were very throne like in their structure. In each of the rooms were the constant Jaffend guard, who guarded the De'vas with their lives. It made Ozai jealous his troops were not as well trained as the ones guarding Hadad.

'But then again my troops don't worship me as a god. It might be a good idea to use once I gain the power I need,' The thought echo in Ozai's mind.

The two men sat across from each other on the chair and began to eat, with Ozai following Hadad. The alien was savouring each bite of food and each goblet of wine. Then he turned to the Phoenix King, "As you know, this experiment might not be as effective as we are thinking it will be. You do need a source of power to lead your troops into the battles ahead. Which is why we are going to talk about other methods to transform you... into an avatar."

"Other methods, I thought this was the only one which could work?" asked Ozai as he began to become irritated due to the news. He wanted that power!

"It was the easiest way to gain the power of an Avatar, it is not the only way we have been developing. Partly because it is the most intergrated option with the symbiant and spirit of an Avatar fused with the user as well as gaining all of the information of bending the Avatar had learnt. The other methods would require more techniques to give the movements needed to manipulate the other three elements as well as your natural fire.

So you would require training or the data transferance technology we use. Still we have methods other then symbiants you can use. In the world we came from, we could have used a gene resequencer to alter you genetics, your body, to use the elemental power. In this world it is different as it is the spirit which allows the bending as well as elemental selection. So we have been working on two main branching points of the Avatar projects.

The first is the development of an artificial technological system which can use what spiritual energy you contain within your body and force it out. From my servants research into the topic, your bending is in fact in tact. The Avatar merely disconnected your ability to force your internal energy into the external power to control the elements. This technology would be able to take this internal energy, the qi, and turn it into power. It is based around technology we developed for the manipulation of metal by our earthbenders.

The weakness of this tech is it could be removed much more easily then a symbiant, but it is something we have almost perfected for battle use. We have yet to reveal it to our enemies as it would give the surprise away much too early. Much better to use it in a battle of overwhelming odds and crush their spirits completely, much as you did on the Day of Black Sun or the Victory at Ba Sigh Se.

The second method is still in an experimental stage as it is working on the development of machines which can energybend, like the Avatar did to you. So far we have had small successes with turning non-benders into benders and the reverse. It can create new Avatars... the problem is power. The power of an Avatar requires more power then that of a single bender. The greatest firebender in the world, like yourself, would be reduce to one of the weakest Avatar. Barely able to make a spark at the same time as control a small water drop, grain of sand and puff of wind. So as you can see, we are working on gaining a powerful source of qi energy to power these Avatars and then transfer that power into them." finished the deity as he mixed the words with food and drink.

"So in many of the cases, you are on the edge of gaining a force of Avatars. The problem is you have little... problems which can derail this system. If I was willing to turn more my people into test subjects, what else might it cost me? " asked the Phoenix King as an image of Phoenix clad Avatars marching onto his traitor son as their king used his elemental powers against the fool of an Air Nomad.

"We would be willing to accept any one who would like to give themselves to the furthering of science. It would be helpful to gain some QZPM or Qi Zero Point Modules, a source of great power based on the energy of qi. It can be used to empower the technology used to similate Avatar powers or to boost the qi of those who had been energybent.

Renegaged elements of my people have invented them all and have been keeping them from us, setting our experiments back many decades. Or even centuries. If we could just get a few of them, we might be able to advance much faster my friend. Bring myself and my friends power much easier. We have detected a cashe of such power sources on your planet, many of them which could lead to these and greater breakthroughts.

So helping The Phoenix Empire helps myself as well as yourself. We both gain the powers of an Avatar and those who have made themselves our enemies will live in daily terror. For the moment, I can offer to use one of the previous options to advance your power or you can wait for the test of the new Avatar symbiant with your daughter. Or the combination of the above.

Or if you are just happy with the return of your firebending at the moment while you await your Avatarhood, I can do that. I have the energybender, my tech or even a temporary symbiant who can control the fire element as well as you can. We would select a de'vas of similar personality to merge with you.

The choice is up to you my friend. Think it over as your daughter is treated for her mental break so she can gain the position of consort and perhaps even queen. As we wait, perhaps we can turn to plans of your future invasion of your homeworld. I can introduce you to the technology I can give to your troops to aid in their retaking of their rightful place," as Hadad finished the speech, sucking out the jelly within one of the cakes on the table.