Suikoden Fan Fiction ❯ Chances ❯ Chances ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

26 Dec 02

Title: Second Chances

Author: Silvertoekee

Series: Suikoden 3

Pairings: Hugo/Yuber

Warnings: Angst, Shonen-ai

Hugo struggled violently against his attacker as he was dragged out of his home and into the cold moonlight. Trying to see the assailants face he was startled to see red piercing eyes and long blond hair.

"Wha….." warm lips cut off his words.

Struggling angrily he tried to break the kiss but could not. The blond had threaded one hand into Hugo's hair and held him still. Deciding on another attack Hugo opened his mouth but a tongue was quickly thrust inside. Eyes opening wide in shock, Hugo froze for a moment and didn't struggle.

Confusion was running crazily through his mind and he felt slightly dizzy. When the other's tongue began to stroke his, Hugo began to slowly respond. It was the first kiss he had ever experienced and it was exhilarating. Letting out a moan of surrender he began to kiss the other back. Strong arms pulled him closer and he threaded his hands into the long hair. The kiss soon ended and Hugo let his head fall forward. Resting his forehead against the warm chest, he gasped for breath and could feel the other doing the same thing.

"Mmm Hugo, I knew you would taste so good." purred the blond.

Growling in outrage Hugo tried to get away but the other only tightened his embrace. Throwing back his head he glared angrily up at the blond and bared his teeth.

"Damn you Yuber! Why do you keep coming here?"

Yuber gazed down at him and his red eyes began to glow.

"Because you want me as much as I want you."

Yuber knew that his answer would get results and waited to see what happened. He watched green eyes widened in shock before narrowing in anger, and here it comes.

"That is a lie!" Hugo whispered it angrily. "And it isn't even true!"

Chuckling coldly Yuber regarded the other thoughtfully before smirking.

"You might deny it all you want. But I know its true, because you have responded to me like this ever since we first met."

He watched dispassionately as Hugo's green eyes showed fear for a moment before closing in denial. Just for a moment he felt saddened that the other was denying this. For the first time in centuries he felt a spark of interest in this boy and it quieted his quest for the destruction of the 27 Runes. Perhaps he should have been alarmed but for some reason he wasn't. Maybe it was because Hugo carried the True Water Rune, which made it easier to destroy it or it could just be the boy himself. Hugo did have a strong will to survive and yet still had the innocence of youth.

"Let me go Yuber please?"

Red eyes widened in shock as tears poured down the other's face. In all his times facing Hugo he had never seen the other cry before, even after he had been defeated a time or two. He kept forgetting that Hugo was still very young and not an adult just yet. Raising one hand he carefully wiped the tears away and watched green eyes widened in surprise. Smiling mockingly he hugged Hugo tightly before releasing him.

"I'll release you for now little one but not forever."

Yuber smirked slightly at the anger flashing in those green eyes and let out a contented sigh. He was glad that his comment had chased away the tears and that the other was ready to kill him again. Walking a few feet away he turned to face the boy again and smiled.

"Later Hugo dear."

A golden light pooled beneath his feet and with a jaunty wave he was absorbed into it.

"Damn it! Yuber wait!"

Hugo snarled angrily as the other vanished before his eyes and there was nothing he could do about it. Somehow this reminded him of the other times when Yuber and his friends use to do that during the war. It was so annoying that he could not somehow teleport after the other man and give him a piece of his mind.

"Krewl."

Jumping in surprise, he turned around and saw a gryphon standing behind him. Letting out a relieved sigh, he was glad that it wasn't Sgt. Joe or worse his mother. How could he explain about Yuber or even kissing him back? Talk about a really horrible and trying situation he was in. Shrugging his shoulders, Hugo walked over and gave the gryphon a hug.

"Hello Fubar."

"Krewl?"

"No nothing is wrong I am just slightly irritated by someone."

Turning away from his friend he gazed back up at the moon and wondered when it would all end. Yuber had been tormenting him for months now since the end of the war with Harmonia and the defeat of Luc. Perhaps he was bored or maybe he had fun tormenting him. Whatever it was, he wished that he would stop or find someone else to bother. Leaning against Fubar's warm side he wondered when Yuber would appear again and why he cared for that matter.

*

A few days later…..

"No mother I refuse!"

"Now Hugo you must for the good of the clan and it would make a fine Alliance with the Samruya Clan."

Hugo angrily turned away and glared at the colorful hides. His mother had just informed him of his arranged marriage to a girl from another clan. He knew that it was his duty as future chief to marry and have children, but it was to soon. For one the war had just ended not to long ago and another reason was Yuber. The other man aroused emotions in him and until he straighten that out, he would be of no use to anyone.

"I am sorry mother but I can't!"

Feeling tears threaten, Hugo raced out of his home and ignored her calls. Panting outside the hut he looked left and right before seeing Fubar. Running over to his friend he leaped onto his back and buried his hands into the feathery mane.

"Krewl?"

Feeling the Gryphon tense under him slightly, he stroked him reassuringly. He could feel the other villagers staring at him strangely and didn't want them to see his tears.

"I'll tell you later Fubar, just run please?"

Fubar cocked one brilliant gold eye and gazed at him curiously. Whatever he saw there made him turn around and gallop out of the Karaya village. Burying his head into the warm feathers he let the tears fall as his friend raced across the Plain Amur. He was unsure how much time had passed until finally Fubar slowed to a stop. Feeling his hair ruffled slightly, he lifted his head and gazed into concerned golden eyes. Hugo slide off the warm back and turned away from the gryphon.

"What am I going to do Fubar? Mother wants me to marry for the clan but I cannot. What has Yuber done to me?"

Closing his eyes he could feel more tears fall and covered his face with his hands. He felt warm wings encircle him and turning around leaned into the embrace. Hugo began to sob and threw his arms around Fubar's neck. He tried to find comfort there but it was to no avail.

"Why are you crying Hugo? I thought you were made of sterner stuff."

Stiffening in shock at the cold words, he whirled around and saw the blond a few feet away. Yuber had that stupid smirk and was regarding him thoughtfully. Wiping the tears angrily he glared back at the blond and shrugged a shoulder.

"None of your business Yuber so butt out."

Hugo was shocked when a pale hand cupped his chin and a red and blue eye glared down into his own. Yuber had moved so fast that he hadn't been able to follow him. Feeling Fubar growl slightly he stroked his chest feathers and felt him quiet down.

"You are my business Hugo and you have been since the day we met."

Green eyes widened in shock and Hugo was speechless. Every time he had Yuber almost figured out the other would pull at stunt like this. He had a feeling that he would never be able to truly understand what the blond was thinking or even feeling.

Yuber watched the different emotions flying across Hugo's face and smiled. The boy was like an open book to him and he didn't even know it. Feeling eyes glaring down at him, he glanced up and smirked at the Gryphon. He wasn't too fond of the over grown chicken but he could tolerate it for now. Somehow he knew that Hugo would be hurt and upset if he killed it. And for some reason he didn't want that to happen which of course was confusing. Shrugging his shoulders he decided to figure that out and to deal with current matters instead.

"Now are you going to tell me voluntary Hugo or am I going to have to force it out?" Yuber all but purred.

He watched as Hugo shook his head and tried to break free. Smiling wickedly, Yuber jerked the boy into his arms and with a jaunty wink to the gryphon teleported them away.

*

They reappeared again in another parts of the plains and were weeks away from the Karaya Village. Yuber glanced around the area before looking down at Hugo. The boy had his arms wrapped tightly around his waist and his eyes squeezed tightly closed. Smiling gently he rubbed a hand soothingly on the boys back and cursed softly. He had almost forgot that teleporting for some could cause vertigo and many other problems.

"Hugo are you alright?"

"Aw I think so. Ugh only next time warn me when you are going to do that okay?"

Yuber blinked in surprise at the calmly spoken words before smiling in triumph. The boy just admitted that there was going to be a next time between them.

"Alright Hugo I will."

Stepping back slightly Hugo opened his green eyes and gazed around. There appeared to be a broken down hut nearby and a small forest. Looking back up at Yuber, he noticed that the man was smiling down at him. Feeling nervous for some reason he turned around and walked a few feet away.

"Why did you bring me here Yuber?"

"Why to talk to you and ravish you of course!"

Hugo spun around and glared at the grinning man. Yuber raised his hands in a calming gesture and the smile faded away.

"Seriously Hugo I just wanted to talk to you and not in front of your pet chicken. You know that he hates my guts and I am not in the mood to get pecked."

"He is not a chicken and Fubar does have a good reason not to trust you. Or are you forgetting the war and that we were both enemies?"

"Yea-Yea."

Sighing in irritation Hugo turned around again and gazed out over the plains. He heard the other man walk up behind him and then felt warm hands on his shoulders.

"Well are you going to tell me now Hugo?"

Sighing in defeat he related the whole incident to the other man and calmly waited for his opinion. He didn't know why he unburdened himself to his former enemy but then again it couldn't hurt. Yuber was unnaturally quiet for to long and he started to feel apprehensive. Looking over his shoulder he noticed that the man appeared deep in thought. He watched as the wind blew fine golden strands across the pale face and smiled softly. Yuber was a beautiful but deadly man. He almost jumped in surprise when the two different colored eyes glared down into his own suddenly.

"Do you want to marry and do you care for this girl Hugo?"

Hugo blinked in surprise at the words and felt how tense the other was. He wondered what he was thinking and why that question.

"No I don't want to marry this girl because I am not ready yet. And I have never met her before so why would I want to marry someone I don't know?"

He watched as Yuber closed his eyes and his body slowly relaxed. Hugo was curious why the answer mattered to the man and why a flutter of hope filled his heart. Letting out a yelp as he was spun around and found himself pressed against a warm chest.

"Good because otherwise I would have to kidnap you and take you far away from here. I refuse to let anyone have what is mine or even marry for that matter."

Hugo bristled in anger and was about to curse but couldn't. Warm lips were over his again and it cut off his words. He was surprised when Yuber broke off the kiss after a few moments and gazed down at him tenderly. Feeling suddenly courageous he decided to ask a question that had been bothering him for weeks.

"Yuber? What are we to each other?"

"What do you mean Hugo?"

Gazing down Hugo blushed furiously and missed the slight smirk on Yuber's face.

"I mean what is this feeling developing between us?"

Yuber gazed down at the bowed head and thought over the question seriously. Every time he was around the boy he felt a flare of passion, which could develop into something else. He didn't feel the urge to hunt down the 27 True Runes like he used to and destroy them. And also he was angry that Hugo's clan chief was trying to marry him off to another. Cupping a warm hand around Hugo's chin he titled his head up and gazed down into green eyes. He saw the shyness there and something more important.

"I feel something really special between us Hugo and I have never felt it before. I know that we were enemies in the past and that we can't forget what we did. But maybe just maybe we should give what ever is between us a chance because we might never get the chance again."

Hugo gazed up into Yuber's eyes and nodded his head slowly. Whatever was happening between them did deserve a chance and it did feel special. He somehow knew that if he didn't take this chance then he would regret it for the rest of his life. Things were going to get really complicated from here on out but what wasn't in life. Perhaps if he solved this problem then maybe he would figure out his feelings for the blond man.

"Alright Yuber I am willing to try this."

He was startled when the man swept him into a tight hug and felt Yuber sigh. Circling his arms around the blonde's waist, he leaned into the embrace and smiled contently.

Yuber was glad that Hugo had made his choice and decided to try for it. Whatever was developing between them did deserve a chance and he would make sure it succeeded. But for now he would just enjoy the embrace that was freely given and worry about everything later.

*

The End

Sorry if this is slightly off or doesn't make sense but aw well.