Suikoden Fan Fiction ❯ Fate's Atonement ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A small warning. There are slight implied Mary-sue pairings in this fic but do be patient and give it a chance nee? I tried to make the plot flow right in with the game history. I actually researched this one thoroughly since I'm in love with the game. I also have to thank Meiko-chan for editing the chapters. She's my lovable and highly appreciated editor!! XD Anyway… hope you enjoy~!

Disclaimer: Suikoden and its characters belong to their respected companies (Konami and such) and no money was made in the production of this Fanfiction.

GENSO SUIKODEN: Fate's Atonements

Written By: Kouken_Sasarai

Edited By: Meiko-chan

Prologue

High-pitched screams of colossal creatures tore through the silent night. The fresh meadow breeze of the grasslands was soon over powered by the smell of burning wood, stone, as well as flesh. The cries grew louder and stronger with the sound of blazing flames, creating an orchestra of chaos and suffering in this once peaceful night.

The heavy marching of metal armor trampled over the lush greenery of the grasslands. The soldiers scattered through out the village where the so called 'danger' existed.

"BURN IT TO THE GROUND!!" a voice shouted through the loud screams that tore the night, "FIND THE DEMON OF CHAOS!!"

The soldiers continued to bombard the small homes with burning arrows, setting them aflame. Villagers ran out to save themselves from burning in their homes, only to meet the sharp edge of the blade of a soldier.

"Well?" The commander of the massive flank asked one of his soldiers.

"No luck, sir." The soldier replied, looking fearful of his superior.

The commander grabbed the front of the young soldier's collar and brought his face close to him.

"You will find that creature, or you will die by my blade." He growled.

"Y-Yes, sir!" the soldier said in fear.

"Commander!" another soldier ran towards them.

"What is it Lieutenant?"

"We found it."

The commander's eyes widened.

"Where?"

"There's a cave past the village where a shrine stands."

"Call the Bishop. Tell him that we've found what we're searching for." He ordered to the soldier from before then faced the soldier who claims to have found their mysterious entity, "You, tell the others to get rid of everyone in this cursed village. I don't want any of them breathing the same air we are, dragon or barbarian. Then take some of the men with you to secure the area around the cave and wait for the bishop to arrive."

The soldier saluted the commander, and then ran towards the burning village to inform the rest of the flank.

"Commander Rico." A voice called from behind.

The commander turned only to see a man with white hair and blue eyes. He looked like he was only in his early twenties, standing at about 6'2" in height. He was wearing the blue and silver uniform, usually worn by the Bishops, equivalent of Generals, of Harmonia. A younger man followed the Bishop. He looked about 16 or 17 years of age, about 5'6". He had light brown hair and emerald eyes.

"I've been told that you've found what we have been searching for." The bishop continued as he walked towards him, while pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose.

"Yes, sir." Rico replied as he saluted him, "Apparently, the creature resides in a shrine past the village. I've already sent some soldiers to secure the proximity."

"Very well." The bishop muttered and headed towards the direction he was informed, "I'll go on ahead. When you're done here, follow and go to the cave to meet us."

"As you wish, sir." Rico saluted again as the Bishop and the younger soldier left them.

"Bishop… is it wise to leave the village's well being to Commander Rico?" the young soldier questioned.

"How now, Hisoka? Are you starting to question your superiors?"

"N-No, sir. Of course not!" the soldier called Hisoka stuttered, "I-I'm just…"

The bishop chuckled.

"I agree though. Rico has been rather hot blooded ever since the 'War of Chaos' came to a pause."

"A pause, sir?" the young soldier blinked as he watched his superior in interest.

It has already been 9 years since the last battle for the "War of Chaos" occurred. What could his Bishop mean?

"Of course." The Bishop smiled, looking rather pleased with the sight before him, "As the greatest contributor of the war still lives and rests peacefully this very moment."

Hisoka turned to where the bishop was looking, only to see the entrance of a dark cave. Two soldiers stood alertly by the entrance and saluted them as they came nearer. Something was shimmering from within the cave, beckoning whoever was outside to come forward.

"Well done gentlemen." The bishop smiled as he passed the two soldiers, "You may want to stay a little bit away from the entrance starting now."

The two soldiers exchanged glances, and then started to back away from the strange cave. The Bishop nodded at them then turned to his assistant.

"Do you remember the spell I taught you Hisoka?"

"Y-Yes sir."

"Good. Cast it and hope that it'll protect you." They continued forward into the darkness of the cave.

The shimmering light continued deeper in the cavern. The further they walked into it, the brighter the shimmering light became. It almost felt like an hour or so when they finally reached the end of the fissure when truthfully, it only took minutes. The anxiety of seeing what was inside had made the trip long for the young man, whose heart now came to a pause when he saw the source of the flickering light. In the inner sanctum was a room made completely of what appears to be crystal. Two stands with burning blue fire stood at either side before the uneven crystalline back wall of the room.

"Sir… what… what is that…?" Hisoka asked as his eyes spotted something from within the back wall.

"That is what we are searching for." The Bishop replied in a serious, yet pleased tone, "'she who lives only to serve', also known as 'the demon of chaos'."

(To be continued…)