Suikoden Fan Fiction ❯ Love's Just a Form of Insanity ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Rating: PG-13 (just in case.)

Genres: Romance/Humor/Angst. More angst this chapter.

Pairing: Watari/Fred, initially one sided.

Warnings: Yaoi. OOCness. Odd, odd pairing.

Notes: Thanks for the reviews. All opinions are appreciated.

Please Read and Review…

/_______________________________________________________________________

Chapter 3

Fred laid on his bed, tossing and turning. He wanted to sleep and forget that dreadful event. Unfortunately, he couldn’t. Of course, who could blame him considering what had happened? What he needed, was either a good whack on the head or a stiff drink. But, both options were unhealthy and the knight didn’t approve of drunkenness.

/Watari…likes me? Watari, of all people. How? I thought he hated me./ Fred was not a thinker by nature. He was a doer, a man of action. And he was defiantly not the type to remain anxious for more then an hour at the most.

But, now his brain wouldn’t turn off. It didn’t help that he couldn’t forget the feeling of those lips on his. He felt ashamed, angry, excited and afraid. Bad enough that someone had been thinking perverted thoughts about him. Worse that he had been weak and allowed that to happen.

/He treated me as if I was some, some common harlot! Even worse, I acted like one!/

What to do, what to do? If this got out, it would be a serious blow to his pride. Even though he pretended not to know it, Fred realized he was a thought to be a fool by most. If this Watari thing came up, what would people say then?

/Grandfather, forgive me for dragging your name and the knighthood through the dirt./
________________________________________________________________________

Watari got off the elevator and glanced around the basement. Since that strange Winger Landis had arrived, this had become a favorite spot of Ayame’s. The ninja couldn’t figure out why though. He walked through the pathways, not making a sound. After a while, he heard the sounds of clanging. He blended into the shadows and tracked the noise.

He eventually came across a large chamber and situated himself behind a boulder. Ayame and Landis were fighting as usual. Each blocking the other’s attack, trying but never gaining the advantage over the other. A pure battle, almost poetry in motion.

/Why can’t I be as easily satisfied as her?/

At that moment Landis gained an advantage. He had some how gotten behind Ayame and had both her arms pinned back. She stood there, stock still, not acknowledging her obvious defeat. Landis whispered into her ear.

“You still don’t have what it takes to win. I think you’re getting soft. Castle life‘s a little too easy on you.”

“…” Ayame said nothing, remaining quiet.

“Well, not that it matters. I think we have a guest.” The winger grinned as he glanced where Watari was hiding. “Come out, come out little mousy.” Watari waited a few minutes, then jumped on top of the boulder. “I’ll leave you two kiddies alone. Play nice.” Landis flapped his wings and sped down one of the tunnels, off to who knows where.

Ayame turned to look at Watari, but said nothing. To anyone else the silence would have been unbearable, but for these two it spoke volumes. Ayame nodded after a moment and Watari leapt next to her.

“…What is it?” Ayame asked after five minutes. She was often the first to speak when the two were alone. If not for her, the two would never get anywhere.

“…” Watari remained there, not saying anything. As if sensing something, Ayame turned and walked away from him, but stopped for a moment..

“If you want to die, you’ll have to wait. I don’t know what’s going on, but I will not put you out of your misery. The day I kill you, it will be as punishment for your betrayal. Not as a release.” She walked away, not giving him a second glance, her contempt obvious.

/Shameful. It was shameful to beg like that./

________________________________________________________________________

Fred groaned, turning once again. It was morning and normally he was one of the first to wake. But, he usually didn’t stay up this long. He scrunched his eyes shut, vowing to spend the whole day locked away in his room. He just had to ignore that infernal knocking.

“Master Fred! Are you awake? Master Fred!” Came Rico’s voice as she pounded on the door. Fred closed his eyes as he buried his face in his pillow.

“Go away Rico!”

“But…”

“I said go away!” He yelled. The silence that followed made him regret it, but he said nothing. Until he was more composed, letting other people see him was not an option.

/I’ll make it up to her later./
________________________________________________________________________

Watari walked back to his room that morning, angered and upset. Ayame’s message was clear. Face your problems with dignity. But, this problem was so…

/What does she know?/

He entered his room and removed most of his clothing. He laid down on his bed, sighing.

/Stupid knight. Stupid emotions. Stupid Ayame. Stupid me. Stupid, stupid, stupid!/

He was going to sleep the entire day away. Then he was going to test the waters and see if anything had been said. If people knew, he would lock himself in this room only to come out for missions. If Fred hadn’t talked…well Watari was going to make sure the knight’s lips were sealed forever.

________________________________________________________________________

To Be Continued…