Super Mario Brothers: Peach-hime Kyuushutsu Daisakusen Fan Fiction ❯ Yoshi Chronicles: Lizard Hazard ❯ A Stroll Through the Town ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
PKMNTrainerMusashi: So...dija like the first chapter? Dija, huh? YOU BETTER HAVE!! Though I wouldn't hold it against you if you didn't. Anyhoo, here's the next one, i hope you like it.

Mario: I'll get you back for that fatso comment...

PKMNTM: Whatever. Look, just shut up and sit down.

Mario: *does so*

PKMNTM: Without further adieu, I shall now present the second chapter! Oh, and by the way, this story includes references of the successful Paper Mario series...just a heads up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked down the dirt path that led out of the general area of Peach's castle, humming a tune to keep my spirits up. After little walking, I found myself in the town located at the foot of the big hill the castle rested upon. As I entered, I passeed under a sign that read, 'Toad Town'. Looking around, I could see where it gots its name. Here, there, and everywhere were little Toads, big Toads, fat Toads, lean Toads, old Toads, young Toads, any kind of Toad you were looking for. I walked down the sidewalk with little interest of what the city had to offer. No sooner than I had turned the corner had a merchant sopped me and smiled with withering teeth and horrid breath. I backed away a little to assure I had fresh air to breath, then greeted the seedy merchant nervously. "Er...hello," I said, uncertain whether the encounter was good or bad.

"Hello," he returned the greeting, more of the rancid breath making its way to my olfactory senses. I cringed slightly, though not so much that it was noticed. "i'm sure you are looking for precious Badges to collect to further empower yourself," the merchant went on. Pulling open his ragged overcoat, he revealed dozens of of trinkets, some of which were badges. The badges were easily located around the region, so I held up my hand and shook my head, gesturing a polite 'no thanks' to the vendor. "I'm sure you will find them very...useful. A handsome dino like yourself wouldn't be caught dead without one of these luxurios badges, I'm sure," he insisted, bringing me to wonder whether it was an offer for a purchase, or if he was hitting on me.

"What are you taking? I have little money," I hesitantly stated. He reached into another one of his pockets, pulling out glittering pieces of what looked to be some sort of crystal. "These are star pieces. They are the only currency that not only I take, but many other badge-vending merchants. I suggest you locate some," he explained. "I take it you don't have any. I'll give you your first one for free. Just don't tell anybody, or they'll come begging." Smiling again with those awful teeth, he handed me a greyish-purple item that was engraved with a red heart in the middle. "This is a Peekaboo badge. When you wear it, you are able to sense any enemy's stamina. I'm sure it will prove quite advantageous."

I looked at the badge briefly, clipping it yo my leather guard. When I looked up again to thank the merchant, he had vanished. Very curious indeed. I shrugged it off, continuing my way down the streets of the town. Once a Toad child and his friends walked up to me, smiling and asking 'Hey Mister, wanna play?' politely declining, I took out my staff and showed it to them, the star inside glowing from all the attention. The children stared in awe at the star until I put the item away, the little Toads groaning in dissappointment. I laughed a little, and they joined in, resuming their playful chatter soon after. I smiled and continued my stroll through the town, once or twice picking up the phrase 'I wanna be like him when I'm older' from the group of kids as I left.

Soon, the gates leading to...well, outside of town, were in view. Sighing, I looked back at the town, seeing the castle in the distance as well. I turned back to face the gate, slowly opening them partially with a sense of adventure, even though Bowser's castle was just a thirty minute walk away. 'However,' I thought, 'there is no telling what could be beyond these gates.' Pushing the gates wide open so that I may pass, I walked into the semi-unknown.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


PKMNT M: You know what to do! Review, review, review!

Mario: What a lame slogan.

PKMNTM: Quiet you. *throws water on him*

Mario: *grumbles and shivers*

Converting /tmp/phpaw4jnW to /dev/stdout