Super Smash Brothers Fan Fiction ❯ Melee Interviews ❯ Ganondorf ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Master Hand was floating behind his desk. He didn't really needed a desk, being a floating hand, but he had one anyway, since it made him seem more "official". Joining him was Crazy Hand, whose help would be needed to manage the Melee tournament.

"Will Sandbag be ready in time for the home-run tests?" asked Master Hand.

"Of course!" said Crazy Hand. "I took the liberty of making Sandbag conscious, and aware of whatever happens to him"

"You what!?" If Master Hand had a face, he would've had a shocked look on it. "I guess your name is fitting after all. I'm trusting you to handle the the Adventure Mode details. We've wasted enough time, so let's send in the first candidate."

In came Ganondorf. He was from the Legend of Zelda universe. Despite his relative lack of power compared to the Hands, he didn't seem the slightest bit intimidated.

"Let me join," said Ganondorf, "and I will be the greatest Smasher in Melee. Or else you will die!"

"I'm not impressed by your threats," said Master Hand, "but anyway, let's see what you've got."

Ganondorf showed off his moves, and the Hands were somewhat unimpressed. Something about his demonstation seemed suspicious, but they weren't sure what it was.

Suddenly, Master Hand figured it out. "You thieving asshole," he said, "you just ripped off Captain Falcon's moves! Call it what you want, but I know the Falcon Punch when I see it."

"Give me a break," Ganondorf protested. "I didn't have a whole lot of time to prepare for this tournament."

"I say we let him in," said Crazy Hand.

"I'm not sold on him, to be honest," said Master Hand.

"We need the extra fighters. Besides, do you really think the average spectator is going to notice or care?"

"Okay, fine!" Master Hand then turned his attention back to Ganondorf. "But I'm giving you one year to make your moves at least a little more original. A Wire Frame will show you to your room."

Ganondorf nodded, and then left. True to Master Hand's word, a Wire Frame already had his luggage and was walking alongside him to his room. As soon as they were there, he was given his card key and left alone.

"I can't believe they took my Triforce of Power," he said, unhappy with how Security had treated him. He was assured that he'd get the Triforce fragment back on his way out, but it still bothered him.

He wasn't sure how he should feel about Link and Zelda also being in the tournament. He knew not to pick a fight with either one of them, given the consequences the Hands had promised for unsanctioned fighting. Still, the three of them weren't going to hold hands and happily skip through the halls. He quickly banished that image from his mind.

Despite not being used to electronics, he actually didn't have that hard a time setting his alarm clock for 7am. That was when the orientation would begin. He looked forward to talking with Bowser, although he predicted he'd soon get sick of all the stories about Princess Peach being kidnapped.

He turned off the light, and went to sleep, wondering what would await him in the morning...