Super Smash Brothers Fan Fiction ❯ Melee Interviews ❯ Conclusion ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
All the approved fighters, along with the 'original twelve,' were gathered in the Main Hall.

"Congratulations to all those who made it in," said Master Hand. "And for those who didn't make it: there's always next year. Well, that's all I have to say. That matches don't start for another week, so until then, you can do what you want." The Hands left the Hall.

"So, I guess we can go to our rooms now," said Ganondorf.

"Hold on," said Luigi. "This may be the only chance we all get to hang out together, so let's not waste it."

Bowser, for his part, couldn't be more frustrated. Peach was right there in front of him, and he couldn't make his move. Part of his also wished he hadn't given up his competitor status in the Adventure Mode. Still, he figured the role he did have would be even better.

"What?" said Mario. "You two are sharing a room?"

"Of course," said Popo. "You sound like there's something wrong with that."

Meanwhile, Nana was talking to Peach. "Do you sometimes get that not-so-fresh feeling?" Nana said.

"There are mushrooms for that," said Peach.

"I was thinking of something that would still be useful if it got frozen by accident."

Captain Falcon, for his part, took no offense at his moves being copied by Ganondorf.

"It's just like they say about imitation and flattery," said Captain Falcon.

"I still think your versions of those are better," said Link.

The group eventually dispersed, each one going off to do their own thing. The following week went by uneventfully. Finally, the day arrived.

"Welcome to the first match of the Melee tournament," said Master Hand. "First up - Mario vs. Kirby!"

The two fighters entered the arena.

"Ready - GO!"

THE END