Supernatural Fan Fiction ❯ Hell's Heir ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Don't own them.
Any lines from the show came from an online script I found.
 
Chapter 2
 

Hello?
 
“Hey, Sam.” Bobby greeted over the phone and Sam smiled.
 
“Hey, Bobby.” He greeted warmly, glad to hear from the hunter and it gave him something to do other than watch his brother with the twins.
 
Whatcha doing?” Bobby asked, as if he didn't know.
 
Same old, same old.” Sam answered because it was expected that he spend every waking moment trying to break Dean's deal.
 
You buried in that book again? Sam, if you wanna break Dean free of that demon deal, you ain't gonna find the answer in no book.” Bobby chided and Sam smiled again.
 
“Then where, Bobby?” Sam asked, wanting to see if Bobby actually had any idea of a way.
 
Kid, I wish I knew. So, where's your brother?” Bobby asked and Sam looked towards the room, grimacing as he saw his brother's form messing around with the girls.
 
“Polling the electorate.” He answered.
 
“What?” Bobby asked in confusion and Sam chuckled.
 
Never mind.
 
Well, you boys better pack it up. I think I finally found something.” Bobby told him before giving him the details and then hanging up. Sam sighed and got out of the Impala, heading for the motel door. He kept his gaze on the floor, noting the discarded clothes all over the place.
 
Dean? Dean, you conscious? Bobby called and he thinks that maybe we—“ He trailed off in horror as he saw something he could have lived without, a wave of jealousy sweeping through him.
Oh, God.” He groaned and then bolted.
 
------------------------------------------------
Let me see your knife.” Sam demanded as Dean drove along happily.
 
“What for?” Dean asked, shooting him a confused look.
 
So I can gouge my eyes out.” Sam answered seriously, making Dean chuckle.
 
It was a beautiful, natural act, Sam.” His brother pointed out cheerfully.
 
It's a part of you I never wanted to see, Dean.” Sam lied.
 
Hey, I appreciate you giving me a little quality time with the Doublemint twins.” Dean tossed him a grin that Sam forced himself to return.
 
“Yeah, no problem.”
 
Really? Well, I've gotta say, I was expecting a weary sigh or an eye roll or something.” Dean probed and Sam shrugged.
 
No, no. You deserve to have a little fun.” He said and Dean laughed.
 
Well, I am in violent agreement with you there. What's Bobby got?” the elder asked and Sam pulled out his notes.
 
Not much. Crop failure and a cicada swarm outside of Lincoln, Nebraska. Now, it could be demonic omens—“
 
Or it could just be a bad crop and a bug problem.” Dean added and Sam nodded.
 
Yeah, but it's our only lead.”
 
Any freaky deaths?
 
Not that Bobby could find. Not yet, anyway.” Sam answered absently as he mentally reviewed what demon or demons would want to do something like what Bobby had described. Surprisingly there were a few.
 
It's weird, man. I mean, the night the Devil's Gate opened; all these weirdo storm clouds were sighted over how many cities?” Dean asked.
 
Seventeen.” Sam told him.
 
Seventeen. You'd think it would be Apocalypse Now, but it's been five days and bubkes. What are the demons waiting for?” Dean asked and Sam shrugged again.
 
“Beats me.” He said even though he had a few ideas.
 
It's driving me crazy. I tell you, if it's gonna be war, I wish it would just start already.” Dean grumbled and Sam looked over at him for a bit before saying anything.
 
I don't know, man. Careful what you wish for.” He whispered.
 
-----------------------------------------
You hear those cicadas?” Sam asked as they got out of the car.
 
“That can't be a good sign.”
 
“No. No, it can't.” He whispered. Surely they had not gone along with Azazel? He smiled as Bobby got out his car, waving at the older hunter.
 
So, we're eating bacon cheeseburgers for breakfast, are we?” Bobby asked, staring that the...thing Dean was wolfing down.
 
Well, I sold my soul. Got a year to live. I ain't sweating the cholesterol.” Dean answered flippantly and Sam winced.
 
So, Bobby, what do you think? We got a biblical plague here, or what?” he asked to change the subject.
 
Let's find out. Looks like the swarm is ground zero.” Bobby said and they headed towards the house, going up to the front door.
 
Candygram!” Dean called out and Sam rolled his eyes. There was no answer so Dean picked the lock and they went inside, instantly gagging at the smell.
 
That's awful.” Sam managed to say.
 
That so can't be a good sign.” Dean added and Sam nodded in agreement. They split up to search the house. They paused as they heard muffled screaming from another room.
 
“You hear that?” Sam whispered and Dean nodded. They headed towards the room and found the noise was coming from the TV. But the smell was a thousand times worse.
Oh, my God.” Sam covered his mouth and nose with his sleeve, his eyes watering. They moved to face the couch and Sam heard Dean trying not to retch beside him. Sitting on the sofa were three rotting corpses; a husband, wife and their son. They were still fully dressed and it seemed like they'd just wasted away in front of the TV, adding another tick in the box for who Sam suspected.
Bobby, what the hell happened here?” He asked anyway as the other hunter entered the room.
 
“I don't know.” He answered.
 
Check for sulphur.” Dean suggested and they did so. Sam caught the site of Dean motioning outside and nodded. Dean headed outside, gun in hand and then Sam heard the sound of his brother hitting the ground. He bolted outside, Bobby hot on his heels to find two armed people standing over Dean.
 
Isaac? Tamara?” Bobby asked and they turned away from Dean to them.
 
Bobby! What the hell are you doing here?” Tamara asked cheerfully.
 
“I could ask the same” Bobby answered, watching them.
 
Hey, Bobby.” Isaac greeted and the two men shook hands.
 
“Hello! Bleeding here!” Dean grumbled and Sam moved to his side, helping him up and glaring at the other two hunters.
 
----------------------------------------------
You know, what happened outside makes you realize how fragile life really is. You've gotta make every second count.” Dean said, smiing softly until Sam cleared his throat.
Excuse me a minute, would you?” Dean asked and she walked away with a smile, making Sam roll his eyes.
 
“Dean, what are you doing?” He asked in amusement and Dean shrugged.
 
Comforting the bereaved. What are you doing?” Dean asked with a grin and Sam had to fight down a grin.
 
Working. Dead body, possible demon attack, that kind of stuff.” He said instead.
 
Sam, I'm sorry, I just don't have much time left. Gotta make every second count.” Dean said and Sam glared at his exaggerated answer.
 
“Yeah. All right. Sorry.” He finally said and Dean grinned.
 
Apology accepted.” They turned as Bobby approached, dressed in a suite and tie, his hair slicked back.
Whoa.” Dean whistled.
Looking spiffy, Bobby. What were you, a G-Man?” He teased.
 
Attorney for the D.A.'s office. I just spoke to the suspect.” Bobby answered, obviously uncomfortable in the clothes.
 
Yeah? So, what do you think? Was she possessed, or what?” Sam asked, still hoping he was wrong.
 
I don't think so. There was none of the usual signs -- no blackouts, no loss of control, totally lucid. She just really wanted those shoes. I spilled a glass of holy water on her, just to be sure: nothing.” Bobby answered and Sam's stomach seemed to drop.
 
Well, maybe she's just some random wackjob.” Dean suggested but Bobby shook his head.
 
If it'd been an isolated incident, maybe. But first the family, now this? I believe in a lot of things. Coincidence ain't one of them. Did you boys find anything around here?” Bobby asked and Sam shook his head.
 
No sulphur. Nothing.” He answered.
 
Well, maybe something.” Dean said cheerfully, pointing towards the security camera on the wall and shooting Sam a smug look.
See? I'm working.” Sam shook his head but they headed for the back of the store to view the footage.
Anything interesting?
 
I don't know yet. Might just be a guy. Or it might be our guy. Sam answered as they watched the guy touch the blonde's shoulder and gesture to the brunette. Sam wanted to groan, the evidence was just piling up.
 
-------------------------------------
And I say we're going back.” Tamara practically yelled.
 
Listen, just hold on a second.” Sam tried to sooth her but she just turned on him angrily.
 
I left my husband bloody on the floor!” She yelled at him, tears gathering in her eyes.
 
Okay, I understand that. But we can't go back.” Sam tried again.
 
Fine. Then you stay. But I'm heading back to that bar.”
 
I'll go with her.” Dean offered and Sam turned to glare at him.
 
It's suicide, Dean!” Sam argued.

So, what? I'm dead already.” Dean answered.
 
How are you gonna kill them? Can't shoot them. You can't stab them. They're not just gonna wait in line to get exorcised!” Sam pushed.
 
“I don't care!” Tamara answered him.
 
You don't even know how many of them there are!” Sam argued, feeling a stab of guilt since he knew exactly how many there were. He just couldn't understand why they had used the Gate. Had they been following Azazel or were they just bored?
 
Yeah, we do. There's seven. Do you have any idea who we're up against?” Bobby asked as he wandered in, book in hands.
 
No. Who?” Dean asked.
 
The seven deadly sins. Live and in the flesh.” Bobby confirmed what Sam already knew.
 
“What's in the box?”Dean said and they all stared at him in confusion.
Brad Pitt? Seven? No?” He tried but Bobby just handed him the book.
“What's this?”
 
Binsfeld's Classification of Demons. In 1589, Binsfeld I.D.'d the seven sins. Not just as human vices, but as actual devils.” Bobby explained.
 
The family -- they were touched by “sloth”. And the shopper…” Sam added out loud.
 
That's envy's doing -- the customer we've got in the next room. I couldn't suss it out at first, until Isaac. He was touched with an awful glutton—“ Bobby continued.
 
I don't give a rat's ass if they're the Three Stooges or the Four Tops! I'm gonna slaughter every last one of them!” Tamara yelled and Sam felt like rolling his eyes...or maybe just knocking her out for some quiet.
 
We already did it your way. You burst in there half-cocked, and look what happened! These demons haven't been topside in half a millennium! We're talking medieval! Dark Ages! We've never faced anything close to this! So, we are gonna take a breath, and figure out what our next move is!” Bobby argued and she just stared at him but stayed silent.
I am sorry for your loss.” Bobby finished in a whisper. After a few moments they headed into the room where Walter, or Envy, was secured. The demon chuckled as they stood around him.
 
So, you know who I am, huh?” He asked.
 
We do. We're not impressed.” Bobby answered.
 
Why are you here? What are you after?” Sam demanded and for just a second he let the demon see who he was. Its eyes widened in shock and Sam sent a silent order not to reveal him.
 
He asked you a question. What do you want?” Dean growled. Envy laughed but didn't answer so Dean gave him a quick holy water bath, making him squirm and yell.
 
We already have what we want.” He answered once he realised Sam wasn't going to help him.
 
“What's that?” Dean asked.
 
We're out. We're free. Thanks to you, my kind are everywhere. I am legion, for we are many. So, me, I'm just celebrating. Having a little fun.” Envy answered, mentally pleading with Sam to believe him.
 
“Fun?” Sam asked.
 
Yeah. Fun. See, some people crochet. Others golf. Me? I like to see people's insides on their outside.” Envy explained.
 
I'm gonna put you down like a dog.” Tamara spat.
 
Please. You really think you're better than me. Which one of you can cast the first stone, huh? What about you, Dean? You're practically a walking billboard of gluttony and lust. And Tamara -- all that wrath, ooh. It's the reason you and Isaac became hunters in the first place, isn't it? It's so much easier to drink in the rage than to face what really happened all those years ago.” Envy laughed and Tamara punched him.
My point exactly. You call us “sins”. We're not sins, man! We are natural human instinct. And you can repress and deny us all you want, but the truth is, you are just animals. Horny, greedy, hungry, violent animals. You know what? You'll be slaughtered like animals, too. The others? They're coming for me.” Envy pointed out and Sam just stared at him. They both knew Envy was going back and would have to explain his actions.
 
Maybe. But they're not gonna find you. `Cause you'll be in hell. Someone send this clown packing.” Dean said and Tamara smiled.
 
“My pleasure.” She purred and Sam mentally told Envy not to fight the exorcism.
 
I don't think we're gonna have to worry about hunting them.” Bobby said once they'd left Tamara to her work.
 
What does that mean?” Sam asked even though he knew the answer, he could feel them coming.
 
I think maybe this joker's right: they're gonna be hunting us. And they're not gonna quit easy.” Bobby answered.
 
You guys, why don't you take Tamara and head for the hills? I'll stay back, slow them down, buy a little time.” Dean suggested.
 
You're insane, Dean. Just forget about it, okay?” Sam spat out, glaring at his brother.
 
Sam's right.” Bobby said, trying to stop the coming fight.
 
There's six of them, guys. We're out-manned, we're out-gunned. We'll be dead by dawn.” Dean argued.
 
Maybe, but there's no place to run that they won't find us.” Bobby pointed out, unhelpfully.
 
Look, if we're going down, we're going down together, all right?” Sam stated and Dean looked away for a second before finally nodding.
 
Well, let's not make it easy for them.” Dean said and Sam smiled. A strong wind suddenly ripped through the room, blowing out the candles. Tamara walked in, tossing the book aside.
 
Demon's out of the guy.” She stated.
 
And the guy?” Sam asked.
 
He didn't make it.” She answered matter-of-factly.
 
--------------------------------------------
Here we go.” Dean said as the radio suddenly turned itself on.
 
Tamara! Tamara!” Isaac's voice called form outside and Tamara began to cry.
Tamara! Tamara! Help me! Please!” He approached the house slowly but stopped at the door which was lined with salt. Sam grit his teeth angrily as he watched poor Tamara. Tamara! I got hurt! I'm hurt bad! I need help!” The demon begged.
 
It's not him. One of those demons is possessing his corpse. Bobby whispered as Isaac began to pound on the front door.
 
Baby! Why won't you let me in? You left me behind back there! How could you do that? We swore! At that lake in Michigan, remember? We swore we would never leave each other!” Isaac yelled and Tamara sobbed.
 
“How did he know that?” She asked and Bobby looked at her in sympathy.
 
Steady, Tamara. Steady, Tamara, steady.” He encouraged.
 
You're just gonna leave me out here? You're just gonna let me die? I guess that's what you do, dear. Like that night those things came to our house. Came for our daughter! And you just let her die, too!” Isaac yelled and Tamara snarled in anger.
 
“You son of a bitch!” She screamed.
 
“Tamara, no!” Bobby yelled as she crashed through the front door, wrestling with the demon until she pinned him.
 
You're not Isaac!” She screamed, stabbing him with the palo santo steak while the demon screamed.
 
Inside the others had their own problems since she'd broken the salt line. Sloth slowly approached Bobby but then stopped moving forward. He looked up to see the circle on the ceiling above him and Bobby chuckled.
 
Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.” Bobby commented as he started reciting an exorcism.
 
Upstairs Dean came face to face with a demon in a female body. She backed him into the bathroom slowly, smiling the whole time.
 
I suppose you're “lust”.” Dean stated.
 
Baby, I'm whatever you want me to be.” Lust purred and Dean swallowed.
 
Yeah, all right, just stay back.” He demanded and she smirked.
 
“Or what?” She asked playfully as Dean backed into the wall.
 
Good point.” Dean whispered as she leant in.
 
I'm not gonna hurt you. Not yet. Not unless you want me to.” She whispered, placing a hand on Dean's shoulder. He gasped slightly, instantly filled with lust, and pulled her into a hard kiss.
 
Sam was waiting alone, he wanted answers and he couldn't get them with the others around. The door crashed open admitting Pride, Gluttony and Greed.
 
Here's Johnny!” Pride mocked but then stopped walking, noticing the Devil's Trap on the ceiling.
Come on. You really think something like that is gonna fool someone like me? I mean, me?
 
Let me guess: you're “pride”.” Sam said since they hadn't realised exactly who he was yet. Pride grinned and with a wave of his hand the roof cracked, destroying the circle.
 
The root of all sin. And you are Sam Winchester. That's right, I've heard of you. We've all heard of you - the prodigy, the Boy King. Looking at you now, I've gotta tell you: don't believe the hype. You think I'm gonna bow to a cut-rate, piss-poor human like you? I have my pride, after all. And now, with your yellow-eyed friend dead, I guess I don't really have to do a damn thing now, do I? You're fair game now, boy. And it's open season.” Pride said but then stopped when Sam smirked. He flared his powers and the three instantly dropped to their needs.
“Forgive us, we didn't know.”
 
“And yet you left Hell against orders. Just looking for kicks or did you actually believe Azazel?” Sam purred dangerously.
 
“We were bored Milord. Please.”
 
“Return to Hell and explain yourself to Him.” Sam ordered and they obediently fled their vessels. Sam watched them go and then looked at the ceiling, his eyes going wide.
“Dean.”
 
Dean and Lust continued to kiss until she pulled back and attacked his neck. Dean gasped as she drew blood but then his eyes glazed over and he pulled her closer. The door slammed open and Sam flung her aside. Lust landed in a crouch, ready to fight only to stare at him in shock before bowing. Dean slid down the wall, moaning, as lust and her special `gift' coursed through his body.
 
“What have you down to him?” Sam snarled and she whimpered.
 
“Forgive me, I didn't know he was yours.” She answered and Sam slammed her into the wall again.
 
“Answer me.”
 
“I bit him.” She whispered and Sam froze.
 
“No....leave now, join the others in answering for your actions!” She fled instantly, not wanting to face his wrath. Sam instantly went to Dean's side, cupping his face.
“Dean? Can you hear me?” He asked but Dean didn't answer, instead he tried to kiss Sam. Sam sighed sadly and then created a bubble around the room, locking them away from the rest of the world. Sam cradled Dean's head in his hands and poured power through him, seeking out the venom and stopping its advance. Dean groaned, his eyes rolling back for a second, but he was still trying to get closer to Sam. Thankfully Sam had stopped it in time, dealing with Dean the incubus? Not in his plans and with what he'd realised earlier about Dean...it was a very good thing he'd stopped it. Unfortunately Dean was still lost in the lust and would be until he wore it out. Not that Sam was against the idea, but this wasn't his idea of an ideal first time, not that Dean would remember.
 
He materialised a soft mattress and leant back, pulling Dean with him so that Dean was lying on top of him. He stopped holding Dean's face still and Dean instantly latched onto his lips. They kissed and Dean ground his hips into Sam's, making him moan. Dean gripped Sam's hips tightly as if trying to merge their bodies. Sam's hands roamed under Dean's shirt, enjoying the feel of his solid flesh beneath his palms. Another bit of power and they were both naked, Dean breaking the kiss to kiss and nip down Sam's neck and chest. Sam spread his legs so that Dean settled between them, conjuring a tube of lube easily he spread it over Dean, making him shudder at the coldness. It was a very good thing it took a lot more to cause him pain now or else this was really going to hurt, but Dean was too far gone to realise he should prepare Sam for what was going to happen. He guided Dean into the right place, Dean was too far gone and used to women to realise. Dean entered him and Sam felt a twinge of discomfort, but then the pleasure started as Dean began to move. Three times it took before Dean finally passed out, the Lusts `gift' spent without the venom to fuel it and the change. He would really be having words with her one day. He banished all evidence of what had happened, cleaned them up and redressed them before dropping the bubble.
 
When Bobby burst in he found Sam cradling an unconscious Dean in his arms, Lusts vessel nearby.
 
“Sam? You boys okay?” He asked and Sam nodded.
 
“Lust got the drop on him.” Sam smirked and Bobby chuckled.
 
“That figures. He gonna be okay?”
 
“He could do with less head injuries.” Sam commented, standing and lifting Dean.
“And a diet.” Sam grunted as he headed for the stairs.
 
-----------------------------
Sam watched Dean sleep, smiling softly at the memories of what they'd done. If it was that good then, how much better would he be with Dean wanting him? Now he knew why Dean never got any complaints from the ladies. He gently brushed a hand over Dean's hair, studying him closely before grinning, he'd been right. All the signs were there for someone able to see. Someone had gone to a lot of trouble to part them but thanks to Dean's deal they would never again be separated, he had his Father's word on it.
 
TBC...