Supernatural Fan Fiction ❯ Of Lakes, Soap and Albatrosses ❯ Of Lakes, Soap, and Albatrosses ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own De Boyz. That is all.
 
Characters: Sam and Dean Winchester
 
Setting: Anytime
 
Warnings: CRACK!
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------
 
Sam was at a school in the middle of nowhere. He was in gym class—but that couldn't be right, because he'd graduated. He'd gone to college already. And why was Dean with him? Dean had only been in the same school with him one out of every four years, anyway…
 
Before Sam could try to figure out this very puzzling thing, they reached the lake. Yes, there was a lake. Conveniently located right next to the school. But what was he supposed to do…?
 
Shrugging, he followed Dean into the lake, figuring that he'd just follow his usual rule of thumb and do whatever his big brother did.
 
They swam to the middle of the suddenly-tiny lake, and suddenly there was a platform there, with a ladder. Feeling suddenly a little afraid, Sam climbed up the ladder with everyone else, and positioned himself on the edge just as Dean and his classmates were doing. For a moment, he just looked down into the dark water, lapping up on the sides of the platform.
 
Then he jumped off.
 
He swam in a circle for a while, following Dean, chatting with him a little—until everything went black.
 
He floated in the blackness for a moment, then suddenly everything was color again and he wasn't in school anymore. He was alone, and he was in a decidedly strange place, and he was holding…a giant key?
 
There was an army of things coming toward him, and they were going to kill him. But oddly, frightened as he had been of that water, he felt decidedly calm now, because he knew what to do. Coolly, he raised the key, and started hacking.
 
He hacked and slashed and stabbed until all of the things were gone, and then the key disappeared from his hands, and he stood and waited.
 
It took only a moment for something else to happen, and barely two seconds later…
 
A giant albatross landed in front of him.
 
And it was wearing ice skates.
 
Once again, Sam knew what to do, and he began to hack at the feet of the albatross, right at the top of the skates.
 
The feet fell off, and Sam was suddenly sitting on a couch, in front of a TV, with a PlayStation2 controller in his hands, staring at the videogame that a second before had been reality. A dialogue box had popped up on the screen:
 
Do you want to ride the albatross?
 
Sam thought about it, then shrugged. “Okay,” he murmured, choosing the “yes” option.
 
He never got to ride the albatross, though, because as soon as he chose everything went black again.
 
Only this time it stayed black, and instead of everything erupting into color, a voice floated out of the dark.
 
Dean's voice.
 
Sam got the sense that Dean had been talking for a long time, though he couldn't remember the rest of the conversation. Only one of Dean's sentences made sense to him—the one that Dean said the loudest, the clearest.
 
“I NEED SOAP!”
 
Sam started awake and lay in the dark, staring at the ceiling, his mind whirling. Slowly, he sat up, waiting for Dean to finish the sentence that had started with “I need soap.”
 
But Dean was sleeping soundly in the other bed, and slowly the meaning of it all became clear.
 
“I gotta stop eating before I go to bed.”
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------
 
Author's Note: So, so random. I know. But it's like one in the morning and I am absolutely exhausted, and I decided to write this down. This is an actual dream I had. Not one part of the dream has been omitted or changed, except that in my dream I was in Sam's position and instead of Dean being my dream-companion, it was my best friend.
 
But the events were exactly the same.
 
And the conclusion Sam reached at the end was the same one I did.