Tales Of Syphona Fan Fiction ❯ Hair ❯ Hair ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Warning: could be shounen ai if you want to see it that way (bite me for liking yaoi) but it's more a friendship thingy.
DISCLAIMER: I do NOT own ToS or any of it's characters
 
Hair
 
“LOOK OUT!” Collette screamed.
“WHOA!”
Zelos barely got away in time before of the demon's swords came crashing down. Though that was way to close for Zelos' liking it gave Lloyd the time to chop of said demon's head, while it was trying to get it's sword back out of the ground.
“Phew, damn. You were lucky there, Zelos!” Lloyd said, whiping of some sweat from his forehead. Zelos grinned as he got up, but suddenly his grin faded away.
“Zelos? What's wrong?” asked Lloyd, slightly worried. The others gathered around to see what could possible be wrong with Tethealla's Chosen.
“... My head's too light” Zelos said softly but loud enough for everyone to hear.
“Zelos, we all already know you lack brain cells!” Sheena said.
“No! I mean seriously! I... AAAAAAAAAARGH!”
“What? What's wrong?” even Sheena was worried now.
The male Chosen pointed to the ground in utter shock and disbelief.
“M-my... MY HAIR!!”
The now long gone demon had neatly cut of half of Zelos' hair, shortening it so it now barely reached Zelos' shoulders.
Zelos uttered a last miserable cry before burrying his face in his hands. Lloyd placed a comforting hand on Zelos' shoulders.
“Ow, c'mon Zel. It was bound to happen one day. Your hair was just way too long, it was getting in the way of your eyes too.” (At this length that would still happen, but don't tell Lloyd or Zelos that!)
“Yeah, better your hair than your head right?” Genis said. “Though it would save us all your banter.” He added softly.
“Get over it, Zelos. We have to leave this place, more demon's will be attracted to the mana we spilled in this fight.” Raine said, always the practial one.
“Yeah, you wouldn't want to end up with Lloyd's coupe, ne?” Sheena said cheerfully.
“What's wrong with my hair?” Lloyd yelled, angrily. The group started to leave, already chattering happilly amongst each other, appearently forgetting Zelos and his hair problem.
Lloyd looked over his shoulder.
“C'mon, Zelos! You're falling behind.” Teh others didn't notice anything and continued on. Lloyd walked up to Zelos, who was still kneeling on the ground. Face down.
“Zelos? ... You okay?”
“... no” he replied in a small voice.
“hey, it'll grow back. Don't worry!” Lloyd smiled down at Zelos but was shocked at Zelos downright depressed expression.
“T-that's not it... it's... I've never cut my hair, since... mom died” Zelos said with a shaky voice, his eyes were tearing up. He felt utterly stupid for crying over hair being cut of but...
“I see, so it was a memento to her, ne?”
Zelos nodded, the first tears escaping his eyes. Lloyd hugged him and they stayed like that for a while untill no more tears came.
“You know, I saw that painting in your house... of Mylene* Wilder... Even with such short hair, you still look like her” Lloyd said.
Then he was nearly chocked to death as Zelos hugged him back, goofy grin back in place.
“BUDDY!”
 
OWARI
 
*I believe that was the title of the painting. I could be wrong though... please don't shoot me *hides behind said painting*
 
I'm supposed to study for a test right now... but this thing kept popping up in my head, so I had to get it out of there by putting it on paper :P
Hope you enjoyed it. Please review!