Tales Of Syphona Fan Fiction ❯ To be a Father Again ❯ Arrival ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Right…so… this is a story I actually posted on fanfiction.net as well. It started off as something I used for a forum RP thread, but I ended up turning it into a full story. This is the re-written version, and I'm still editing it. Hope you people enjoy it…. Please review and let me know how to get better…
Chapter 1
(Kratos' P.O.V)
 
I stood alone on the dark balcony. looking down on the white snow city. I leaned against the railing with my arms crossed, thinking. About what you might ask? Everything I guess... what had happened over the past few weeks... the journey... saving the world... then having to leave, and go back to Dherris-Kharlon... but...
I came back....
Perhaps that's what I am thinking about the most. My plan, had been to get Dherris-Kharlon as far from the earth as possible. I had been able to keep in touch with Yuan, through a special machine he built, so I could attempt to keep update on how Lloyd was doing but... Somehow the course I set was knocked off, and the next thing I know, it's headed right back for earth on a crash course. Of course I warned Yuan, since he was the only one who could have any hope of getting Dherris-Kharlon back on course. He told me he could use the power left in the mana cannon to shoot it back and destroy it... My firsts thoughts were that I would finally be able to rest... my life would come to an end... but then... I remembered Lloyd... and everything he taught me... funny...
A son teaching a father...and yet I still couldn't bring myself to stay in contact with him...
And for whatever reason, when Yuan told me to take the transporter back down to his base... I did not object....
To be honest... I think I shocked him...
I did as I was told and warped back down to Sylvarant, and Yuan and I talked for a while. He updated me as best as he could, on how Lloyd and his friends were.
As it was, Lloyd, Colette and all his friends were on vacation, in Flanoir, complements of Zelos. I take it they get along now, thinking about it, it's weird, I thought he was dead, but I guess he must have come back somehow.
A lot has changed since I left two months ago...
Yuan gave me a rheaird, and told me to keep it. When we walked down to the hanger I saw a purple one, something about it was familiar...
It was mine from the journey... once I rejoined Lloyd's crew...
Yuan insisted that I kept it, since it was 'mostly' mine anyway. I thanked him, and asked if he might want to come...
He said he'd stop by later...
So I jumped on the rheaird, and hurried off to Flanoir. When I arrived at the gates, and put the machine away in my wing pack, I stopped...
Why was I hurrying?
Was it because I wanted to see Lloyd, my son, again? Or was it something else... I really don't know... I just hurried...
I ran into an old face on the streets... it was the man who told Lloyd about the devils arms. He told me they were staying at the inn, and immediately, I made my way over. I was about to walk in, and ask for their room...
But something stopped me...
Perhaps it was the fear that Lloyd might hate me for just re-appearing, or hating me for leaving... or maybe I didn't want to disturb him and his friends...
Which leads me to where I am now, standing here in the snow looking down on the city, thinking hard...debating wither or not to go in. Wither or not to see my son... and risk the hate, that I was sure to receive, and I deserved... or see my son... and be the father I always wanted to be....
So, I'm standing here, on the balcony in front of the inn...
Thinking....wondering...praying...