Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ A New Hope ❯ Strangers in the Night ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: None is mine but storyline-and even at that-the character switch-up is my friends idea.
 
 
*~*~*~*
 
Craven felt odd. On a Saturday evening, he actually had nothing to do. Beastgirl had gone off with Terrence about an hour ago, Cybergirl was off running tests in her lab, Robin was who knows where doing who knows what, and Firestar was off at a homeless shelter or children's relief group thing to help out the community. All that left was Sammy, the little grub Beastgirl insisted upon keeping, helped only by Fire begging Robin to keep it, who begged Craven. He agreed.
 
Leaving the little grub behind, Craven flew off the top of the Tower and into Jump City. Landing in the local park, he wasn't surprised to see Fire there playing with little children. He walked over and leaned against a tree, watching. A small smile spread across his features as the wind ruffled his short purple hair.
 
Sliding his hands into his pockets, he walked slowly into the city as it grew dark. Streetlamps came on overhead, casting shadows all over the city. He passed the long lines leading into the techno dance clubs, walked past the bars and ignored a young teenage prostitute who asked him for a good time on a street corner.
 
Walking into the quieter part of the city, he was startled as the sound of a large motor raced past him, lights shining brightly ahead. He caught a glimpse of the rider- a woman with large, curly raven hair that cascaded down her back like a waterfall. All he could see was that she was riding a big black motorcycle and had all leather on.
 
The gust of wind following the woman blew by, and Craven shrugged and moved on. Moments later, his communicator started beeping, signaling trouble in the city.
 
Answering the communicator revealed a map of the city, and Cy's voice filled his ears.
 
“Craven, trouble in the part of the city you're in. Bank robbery in progress about three blocks away. Beastgirl's on her way now with Fire.”
 
“Thanks.” He flipped the communicator shut and ran off towards the First National JC Bank.
 
When he got at the bank, the front doors were being blasted open from the inside out. A somewhat familiar black motorcycle sat just outside the blast radius. Once the smoke from the explosion moved, he was greeted by the sight of the same woman on the motorcycle standing there, bags of money in her hands.
 
“Stop right there or else, lady!” He got himself into a position to defend himself if need be. There was a Beretta holstered on her right hip.
 
“Stop? But Craven, why? This is so much fun! And really, my sister is waiting for this money.”
 
“Well your sister isn't going to get what she wants tonight then.”
 
He lit up his eyes and allowed his energy to flow to his hands, creating black orbs that he hurled at the biker.
 
“Oh, but Scarlett will be so disappointed, though.”
 
A smirk crossed her face as she dodged his bolts and as her words took effect on him.
 
Taking advantage of his confusion, she dropped the bag in her right hand, drew the Beretta and fired, hitting him squarely in the chest, let a smoke bomb loose and picked up the bag. She hopped onto her bike and rode away, leaving Craven confused and wounded in the middle of the debris filled street.
 
*~*~*
 
Craven knelt on the pavement, his blood streaming steadily from the wound in his chest and onto the ground beneath him. He felt his head getting lighter, and he finally passed out from blood loss into a pool of his life essence.
 
 
Beastgirl and Firestar made it a minute after Craven passed out.
 
“Oh my-Craven! Craven, wake up! Beastgirl, get Cy on the line, Robin too, and tell them to get over here-stat!”
 
Fire leaned over Craven, assessing the wound on his chest. He then picked him up gently.
 
“BG- I'm taking him to the hospital. Wait here until the other two get here.”
 
And with that, Fire flew off with Craven in his arms.