Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Alien Brains ❯ Big news ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER SIX
Now it was a matter of busting Starfire and Copy-Cat loose, but first the others had to give back their intelligence, and what luck that Quarlor's machine had a reversal mechanism in it.
Only, they couldn't control how it worked exactly and ended up giving Starfire and Copy-Cat all the intelligence Quarlor ever stole, expanding their brains and craniums, and leaving Quarlor as what they were a while ago.
The titans, glared at Copy-Cat and Starfire. “Are you guys okay?” asked Robin, but the aliens didn't answer. “Yo', answer the question, will ya?” snapped Cyborg.
“There is no question to answer.” said Starfire. “Robin was merely expressing his emotion and concern in the form of a question.”
Copy-Cat nodded and stated, “Certainly our appearance may well indicate that we are neither psychically nor emotionally harmed at all.”
The others were shocked at first for such descriptions, but this was of course expected since their friends' brains had just been supercharged. Also gifted with Quarlor's powers, they were able to open the spheres and escape. Now they were ready to leave the planet.
Once back at Copy-Cat's ship, they locked up all the baddies in the detention area, but also took Quarlor's device with them. They then took off, and just before heading out into space, they destroyed the remains of Quarlor's fortress.
As much as Starfire and Copy-Cat felt it tempting to keep their newly acquired intelligence, they knew the right thing to do was give it back to the creatures they belonged to. So using Quarlor's machine, skillfully, they transferred all but their own original intelligence into special cases they had confiscated from he fortress.
The intelligence remain as floating waves of energy within the casings which the titans turned over to the intergalactic police outposts, when they dropped Quarlor and his men off at a space-prison they knew of.
…Yes… even in the outskirts of space, the law was the law, and there were police beings to help maintain the peace, and lock up criminals.
Finally, with all that done… they headed back to Earth just in time as the sun rose in early morning. It felt wonderful to be home, to have all their powers back, and their intelligence.
They were all very tired. “Let's catch some Z's” said Cyborg.
The others agreed, and just before Starfire and Robin, went to bed, Starfire and Copy-Cat shared a small thanks with each other. This was indeed one of their strangest of adventures, but they were glad to have been with each other and helped one another out during the hard times. “Sleep well, my friend.”
“You as well, Starfire…”
A week later, Beast-Boy and Terra were home. The others were glad to see them back. Starfire almost hugged them to death again. Beast Boy and Terra had a wonderful time and really helped their friends in Africa out. Now they had better homes, schools, and better ways of farming and growing foods to help them out a little.
But the others were all anxious about that surprise they had promised them…!
Beast Boy and Terra looked a little nervous and sort of embraced too. “Do you want to tell them…?” Beast Boy whispered. His wife just hid her face behind her hair.
“What's goin' on you-two?” asked Cyborg.
“Please… we are dying to know.” cried Starfire.
Beast Boy chuckled nervously and held Terra's hand. “There's…” he paused, “There's going to be… an addition to our household soon.”
“Huh…?!” the others all remarked. Beast-boy and Terra said nothing more, but Terra gently touched her stomach and was blushing madly, and the others began to get the drift. “No way!” remarked Cyborg, but Terra and Beast-Boy nodded, and just to be safe, Copy-Cat read their minds with his foresight. “It is true!”
“That's awesome! All right!” cheered Robin.
Starfire would've choked Terra to death with her strong hugs, but she knew not to do it, and Cyborg grabbed Beast-Boy and gave him many congratulation noogies, “You dawg!”
Raven was both a mixture of excitement, and shock at the very thought. “Oh, joy…” she said sounding very sarcastic, but it was happening for real… somehow, despite being a mutant with fractured DNA and altered body systems, Beast Boy had done it now, both he and Terra were so happy and excited… they just didn't know how to put into words.
It would be about six or seven months before the big day… which gave the Titans plenty of time to get ready… but… this was all something to work out for another day.
Author's notes:
Well… it looks like my test was correct. I can't work well without Beast-Boy and Terra. It's hard enough as it is…
But at least I'm doing something nice for them both now… and it's about time too.