Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Art Homework ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

Based on a true story.
 
Art Homework
 
Gar was baffled by the sight he saw. It was Raven, poised over a plate of chicken and rice, a sketchbook resting on her knee and a pencil in hand. She was glaring at the plate so much that he was sure it would burst into flames.
 
“What are you doing?” he asked cautiously. Last time he interrupted her drawing session, she'd tried to bite his hand. As impassive as she was, she got angry fast. He had scars to prove it.
 
Her answer was not quite what he had expected. “I hate rice.”
 
He stared at the plate, then at her notebook. “Why?”
 
“We've got our sketchbook assignment: a contour line drawing of our favorite meal. Rice is evil.”
 
“I still don't see what this has to do with rice.”
 
“First I was gonna draw a cup of tea and maybe a cookie. Then I ate it before I could draw it. Then I bought those chips; you guys ate them—“
 
He grinned sheepishly. He had been wondering why she bought three bags of chips. They didn't think she'd mind if they ate them all.
 
“—So then I made dinner that one night with steak and mashed potatoes. I ate that before I could draw. Most I ate in a while too, but I couldn't stand it just sitting there, uneaten.”
 
“What does this have to do with rice?”
 
“Well I made chicken and rice tonight, and it's due tomorrow. So I gotta draw it. Except I'm hungry, and rice is evil.”
 
One day Gar would not be able to have children, and this is one of the reasons:
 
Feeling temptation tugging at his mind, he reached for the fork poised over the plate, and took a scoop of rice, sticking it in his mouth. Raven stared up at him, her eyes wide and almost teary as she held her pencil in a shaky hand. He blinked, stepping back, seriously afraid she was going to cry.
 
And then she lunged.
 
Across the table she jumped, grabbing his throat and holding the charcoal pencil over his eye. He reached out to block her, pushing her face back, and she screamed incoherently.
 
That was how Vic found them five minutes later, trying to claw each other's eyes out. He just shook his head and saw what was on the table.
 
“Ooo! Chicken!”
 
Notes:
Based on a true story. I had a mental image of Raven hanging onto Gar's arm by the teeth.