Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Halo's Slipping ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Raven's POV. Songfic, (hate those, but had to write this) set in the future or something like that. Still kinda working this out. Cussing, blood, and death.
Halo's Slipping
So glad to see you well
Overcome and completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out
Free. Yeah, I'm free, but at what cost. I look around. Death, destruction. I'm free to enjoy a world that doesn't exist. My friends are dead, turned to stone, there's no difference. I still have my emotions, but what good are they. You can't have an intelligent conversation with an embodiment of happiness or sadness or… Love. Damn it. I had to think about love. I hated, so I killed those I loved.
And not to pull your halo down
Around your neck and tug you off your cloud
But I'm more than just a little curious
How you're plannin' to go about makin' your amends
To the dead
To the dead
I did this, didn't I? And my payment is to be free. That's a fucked up deal. To be free, I had to destroy the world. Oh, I feel real good about myself. No one survived. Who could? Who would want to? But I survived. And I'm free. To live in a world that no longer exists. I walk the streets, hoping for some sign of life. Even if they did see me, they would run. They all know. Even when I'm free, I'm trapped.
Recall the deeds as if they're all
Someone else's
Atrocious stories
Now you stand reborn
Before us all
So glad to see you well
I pick up a shard of glass. It's burnt. Tossing it aside, I wonder aimlessly. My skin is not grey, it is not peach, it is red. I am free, but I still look as if I am a demon. I deserve this. My curse broke into freedom, but I am still cursed. To break this curse… I pick up another piece of glass. This one is sharper, longer, and not burnt. I hold it close to my skin, pressing down hard. Red blood spills out. Red as my skin. I may look a demon, but I am still human.
And not to pull your halo down
Around your neck and tug you to the ground
But I'm more than just a little curious
How you're plannin' to go about makin' your amends
To the dead
To the dead
My friends. I see their stone bodies far off. I turn away. It hurts. I've never felt hurt like this. The glass is still in my hand. I slide it softly across my skin. Does it bleed? I cannot tell. I run away. Where, I do not know. Until I reach the harbor.
With your halo slippin' down
Your halo slippin'
Your halo slippin' down
Your halo slippin' down
Your halo slippin' down
The pain is worse now. How can you be free and cursed at the same time? The Titan's Tower. It no longer exists. It's a pile of rubble. A pile of glass and rock. I tread slowly on the water. If I am free, do I still have my magic? Apparently so, for I walk across the harbor and onto the island that once held the magnificent beacon of hope. Glass everywhere. I kneel. My knees are immediately pierced, and a fine pool of blood surrounds me.
(I'm more than just a little curious
How you're plannin' to go about makin' your amends)
I lay now. My cheeks, my stomach, my legs are all cut into. My own blood surrounds me. I press myself harder. There's little blood left in me. My skin looks no different, and I wonder if that was not my skin. I am starting to believe that was the blood of the innocent caking my skin. I try to stand now. I cannot. I swoon for a moment before falling back into the glass. My whole body has no skin anymore. It is all cut open. I do not scream or cry. This is what I deserve.
I am dying.
Dying.
Crying.
Free.
Your halo slippin' down
Your halo slippin' down to choke you now