Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Heroes ❯ Jerome's Crash Course in Dating ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blowfish: I'm baaaaaaack... I know, you all are probably like “WHERE THE HELL HAS BLOWFISH BEEN?!”. I'm REALLY SORRY. School's been the biggest bitch in the world (except for French; God, I love French), and homework and friends (I just joined my buddy's D&D campaign n_n) have been pushing into my weekends. And on top of this, I have to sleep. I think even worse than usual on little sleep. And last weekend, I got massive writer's block. I re-wrote this chap in my head about 60 times before I got a good idea. You guys are so good to me in your reviews, and I feel really bad for taking so long to update. Shame. Soooo…
 
(The camera pans out and the readers realize Blowfish is hanging upside-down, like a piñata. Chimpy comes out with a box of large wooden sticks.)
 
Chimpy: For your pleasure and the purpose of venting your anger at the author…
 
Blowfish: You are entitled to beat me over the head with the items provided! Though I'm sure you guys aren't the violent type…
 
(All of the reviewers have taken a stick from the box.)
 
The Gemini Sage: (cracking her knuckles) Pick a body part, Knight.
 
Exiled-Knight: I'm quite partial to the skull.
 
Blowfish: Aww, come on guys…you don't HAVE to…
 
Kit Kat: Oh, but we want to…
 
(All reviewers begin beating the living tar out of the author—except for her fingers, or she wouldn't be typing this. n_n;)
 
Blowfish: OW!—Well—Shit!—here's—DAMMIT!—some review—Ow!—responses!
 
Exiled-Knight: Heh, BB is the type to pull that kind of immature stunt (the whole “call-Rae-and-run” thing). And yes, now we have two heroes! Yay! And don't worry about my Zelda fic…keep reading and you'll find out what I'm gonna do.
 
Princess Grace: Yeah, that's what I was going for.
 
Eilian Rhoss: Really? You think it's THAT good??? WAHOO! (does the happy dance)
 
The Gemini Sage: Yeah, these bastards are really pissing me off. I'm not the revenge/murder type, though…I'll just go with your other suggestion, and reformat them (even though that'll probably take me over SIX FRICKIN' HOURS). I'm glad you liked the BBRae bits. I hope you're wrong about the quote thing. If you're right, I'll be SO pissed. This is my brainchild. They can pry it from my cold, dead fingers.
 
Hawgal: Birds and the bees=fry and the tomato; lol. I can see your point about Rae and Terry being like Lois Lane and Jimmy. I used to watch Superman a lot. Bet that was my subconscious putting Terry in there like that. (I do that sort of thing a lot.) Peter Parker was sort of my motif for creating him, but now that I think about it, he came out more like a really, REALLY dorky version of Jimmy. Ah, hell.
 
Calisto: Can't say much about that without giving the plot away. Still, know that in my fics, Raven and Beast Boy ALWAYS find a way. Though, I HAVE been thinking of maybe doing a RaeCy story…
 
BBRae fans: NOOOOOO!!! YOUR LOYALTIES ARE TO UUUUUUSSSS!!!
 
Blowfish: …Or not.
 
Daine: Yep, Raven is back, and she's kicking some ass and taking some names! And I'm glad you like the dialogue.
 
hyperbunnywabbit: Thanks. Cute name, btw.
 
RobinluvsStar (that is SO true!): Thanks, and again, that's what I was going for. Don't worry, lots of RobStar fluff this chapter.
 
Hiyume: Thanks, I'm glad so many people think so.
 
Buhnana munkey: I agree, Spiderman 2 ROCKS! (Seriously, amazing movie, go see it). The last chapter was meant to grab you in a way, and I'm glad you liked the BBRae. I love that song, but I actually had another song for this. (Several really; still trying to choose which one—I just love songfics to death!)
 
tabbo22: Glad you like it. And it focuses on Raven because she's my favorite character. (Surprise, surprise. There are just so many fics about her. I think I'll do a fic centering around Cy sometime, because there aren't enough about him.) But this chapter, you'll be seeing none of her; though she will be mentioned. (I'm hopeless nn;)
 
Kit Kat: Thanks for the sympathy. You asked a few questions that I'll try to answer without giving the plot away.
1. The Titans are coming back. (Like all of you didn't see that coming.) I can't say why, though. MASSIVE spoiling.
2. We are going to see a bit more of the Changs. Probably a cameo or two in coming chapters.
3. The social was the catalyst that pushed Rae back into being Raven. Other than that, it really isn't that important.
Alas, poor Gary, how we…didn't know him. BBRAE ROCKS! And I'll try to make chapters longer. (This one might not be that lengthy, though. This is sort of a “meanwhile…” chapter to the last one. This is a new part of the plot forming.)
 
purplemusicgoddess: You're welcome. Don't worry, LOTS of cuteness this chapter.
 
WolfosTerrence: “adds to faves”—I'M SO HAPPY! YAY! Yeah, BB doesn't seem the type to cuss out Robin, does he? Just adding to the drama.
 
Grumbumble: (NOTE: GO READ GRUMBUMBLE'S FIC NOW. I COMMAND YOU!!! IT IS AN AWESOME TT STORY! YOU MUST READ IT!!!) Glad you liked the BBRae-ness. “If this ends up like Spiderman…and I won't write any more of my fic.” WHOA! Take it easy there, partner…eeeaaasyyy…step away from the threats… There's gonna be a lot of drama in between, but like I said to Calisto, Raven and BB will ALWAYS find a way in my stories.
 
Eilian Rhoss: The…best…one…? Ahhh…ahh…ahhh…
 
Chimpy: NOW you've done it.
 
Blowfish: (going into convulsions) Such…high…praise… (clutches heart and falls to the floor) Ahh…ahh…
 
Chimpy: (gets out shock paddles) Dammit…this happens every time…clear!
 
BZZT!
 
Blowfish: Whaa?
 
Chimpy: You got a little hysterical there, buddy.
 
Blowfish: Oh…sorry.
 
BunnyKat: (I'm getting so many reviewers with cute/cool names.) Yeah, that last chapter was a bit creepy, but that was how it was supposed to be. Glad you like the execution.
 
ninmenju-shin: TRIGON'S GHOST, YOU'RE RIGHT! God, how'd I put that in there and not notice?! I gotta go back and edit that…n_n; The “flash” thing was not one of my best moves. -_-; Thanks, though. This is a message for everyone: If you find anything wrong, or think I could do something better, then please, for the love of all things spandex-y, TELL ME! I need the advice. Yeah, Rae's gonna have a hard time balancing heroic duties and her job—not to mention trying to keep it secret from her friends and co-workers! And as for BB, you'll see… Spiderman 2 rocks, oh yes it does. Thank you for the rose—I've never seen anyone do that: @->-
 
“talking” `thinking'
 
WARNING: THE FOLLOWING CHAPTER CONTAINS HUGE AMOUNTS OF ROBSTAR FLUFF (you know you want it). THOSE WHO CANNOT STAND THIS MUCH FLUFF ARE ADVISED TO AVERT THEIR EYES. OR LISTEN TO SOME ANGSTY MUSIC WHILE READING THIS. NO, REALLY. IT'S FLUFFY. FLUFFY AS A KITTY OR A PUPPY. FLUFFY AS THAT LINT IN YOUR BELLYBUTTON.
 
YOU DON'T HAVE LINT THERE? GUESS IT'S JUST ME.
 
 
ANYWAY, IT'S FLUFFY. NON-ROBSTAR FANS...DO YOUR BEST. ROBSTAR FANS…HAVE FUN.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Teen Titans. If I did, Larry would be around more. (He was so funny! I had never really laughed at Teen Titans until “Fractured”. It was just so WEIRD. And Larry kept hitting on Starfire. That was funny.) I also don't own “Maps” by The Yeah-Yeah-Yeahs. (I loooooove that song. Go listen to it.)
 
Blowfish: You wanted it…you got it. The fifth installment of “Heroes”!
 
#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#% #%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#
 
It was a foggy, gray, Thursday afternoon.
 
`What a terrible day,' Star thought. Nothing had gone right for her today. She was supposed to have gotten a haircut this morning, but the cab she called never arrived. So she had to catch a bus, and it broke down in traffic. She'd ran the rest of the way—in the pouring rain—to the salon, but they had given her appointment away because she was late. She went the other salon across town only to find it closed.
 
She then went to her favorite casual dining restaurant, but found out it had been ransacked by a couple of robbers. She couldn't say she was surprised. Just this morning, she'd read an article about a bunch of restaurants being hit by the same people. They had even killed someone during the robbery of a Chinese restaurant.
 
That was by far what made her day bad. Guilt. She knew that the others felt it too. The feeling that maybe, just maybe it wouldn't have happened if the Titans were still around. That, on top of the aforementioned mishaps had made her miserable. She was strolling through the park, trying to take her mind off it.
 
She paused, remembering Rae running after Gar towards the park. She giggled a bit. They'd make such a cute couple. This brought her mind to thoughts of Dick. She couldn't wait for Sunday. She and Dick rarely got to go out anymore because Dick had so much work. And she had rehearsal for plays. But this time, he was going to come see her play, and even take her out afterwards. Most wouldn't know it by talking to him, but Dick was actually very romantic. She knew it would be a wonderful date.
 
Star flopped down on a bench and sighed. `Why can't it be today? Then again, judging by my recent run of luck, maybe it's best left on Sunday…' She looked around. The park had lost a lot of it's beauty. There was graffiti everywhere, and it was suicide to be there at night. Too many muggers and gangs. Star sighed again, feeling more horrible than ever. Suddenly, a pair of hands covered her eyes, making her jump.
 
“Guess who.”
 
She laughed. “Hmm…Pete?” she asked mischievously, turning around.
 
Dick feigned seriousness, cocking an eyebrow. “Who's Pete? Someone I should know about?” (A/N: Whoever knows where I got that from gets a cookie.)
 
Star became hysterical with laughter, and hugged him. “Thanks, I needed that.”
 
He sat down. “I could tell. You know what Gar always said: `A depressed Star is a sign of the apocalypse'.”
 
“Well the world isn't ending anytime soon,” Star said.
 
“Not with me around.”
 
Dick slung an arm around her shoulder, Star cuddled against him. He let out a great sigh.
 
“Don't you wish it was Sunday, my love?”
 
She giggled. “Yes, darling.”
 
They were both trying very hard not to laugh. They never used pet names like some couples. They just didn't see the point. Dick suddenly stopped, grinning with an idea.
 
“Hey…have you seen that new movie, Fallen, yet?”
“No, but it looked very good. About heaven and hell, right?”
 
“Yeah…wanna go see it?”
 
“Of course! But—“
 
“I don't think either of us can wait for Sunday, so let's do something to entertain us in the meantime.”
 
“Sounds wonderful.”
 
Dick got up, linking his arm around Star's.
 
“Come, mademoiselle. Your chariot awaits.”
 
#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#% #%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#
 
Miles away, Vic walked into the suburbs on the outskirts of Jump City. He checked his watch, and saw that he wouldn't be late. He and Sarah, a co-worker from the lab, were going to run some numbers over Project Cyborg. She had suggested going to one of their homes, as Thursday was one of the days the facilities were closed. Vic's apartment was a mess, so they decided Sarah's house was better.
 
`803…this is the place.' He rang the doorbell. After a few seconds, it opened.
 
“Vic, you're early!”
 
“I am? Damn watch must be fast.”
 
“What can you do? Come on in.”
“Nice place you got here,“ Vic observed. The house was small, but very neat and tidy. Even the kitchen was clean—well, as clean as a kitchen can be. There was a little boy (maybe six or so) sitting at the table, playing with action figures.
 
“Bryan honey, you're gonna need to move, me and Mr. Stone have a lot of work to do.”
 
The boy looked up, squinting at Vic a bit.
 
“Who's that, momma?”
 
“Don't be rude. This is Mr. Stone, one of the people I work with.” Vic stuck out his hand.
 
“Nice to meet you, little man.”
 
Bryan scowled. “My name is Bryan, and I'm not little.”
 
“Sorry, Bryan. Didn't mean to offend you.”
 
“Well—“ At that moment, the doorbell rang, and Bryan ran to answer it. A second later, he yelled. “Hey momma! Can I go over to Michael's house?”
“Sure, honey. Just be back by four, okay?”
 
“'Kay. Bye.”
 
Sarah turned to Vic. “Sorry. I date a lot, and he doesn't like it when I bring men home.”
 
“Oh. I thought you were married.”
 
“Nah. Divorced.”
 
“Ah. Sorry to hear it.”
 
“Yeah, me too…let's get started, shall we?” she said, quickly changing the subject.
 
“Uhh, yeah.” `No wonder she pulls so many hours at the lab. She's got nowhere else to get money from…' he thought.
 
So they worked for a few hours, talking about dates for the project, quotas they needed to meet, and shipments they needed to get. Bryan came home, but immediately went to his room.
 
“I think we're done,” Sarah said.
 
“Really? Wow, we got through that quickly.”
 
“Yeah,” she agreed, taking a sip of her coffee. “Since we got some time left before I gotta go, you wanna just talk?”
 
“Yeah…OK…talk.”
 
There was an uncomfortable silence that lasted a few minutes.
 
Sarah finally broke it by saying, “Or, we could just watch the news.”
 
“Yeah! The news. The news is good. It's so…informative.” Vic gave himself a mental smack on his forehead. `Smooth, Stone, real smooth.'
 
They went into the living room and turned on the TV. A thirty-something reporter came on the screen.
 
“…And in local news, the `Restaurant Robbers' are still at large. This team is apparently too elusive for the police force, as they have even killed someone during the robbery robbery of a Chinese restaurant.”
 
Vic sighed. `A shame,' he thought. `Bastards think they can get away with anything these days…'
 
“In other news, an estimated 37 criminals have turned themselves into the police…”
 
Sarah's brow furrowed. “That's odd…surrendering willingly? That's not typical criminal behavior, even if guilt is involved. And so many...”
 
“Weird,” Vic agreed.
 
The man on the screen continued. “Most of them have apparently been injured, though not badly. All of them, according to police, have been frightened, some to the point of hysteria. Those who are in such condition were sedated, and are receiving counsel. Now, we go to Dana in the field. Dana?”
 
The screen changed, showing a well-dressed woman on the sidewalk. “Yes, Ron, this phenomenon has not gone unnoticed by the locals. Many of them claim to have been saved from muggers by a mysterious `shadow-bird'.”
 
Vic did a double-take so fast he almost got whiplash.
 
`Shadow-bird?!'
 
“This `spirit', as the witnesses called it, came at night, and took the form of a person. Though some say it was a woman, it was dark, so police have left its gender `undetermined'.”
 
Vic was now at full attention, sitting forward on the couch. He was in complete disbelief of what he was hearing.
 
`No way, no way, nowaynowaynowaynowaynoway…'
 
“Is something wro—“ Sarah was cut of by Vic's finger to her lips.
 
“I appears we have a new vigilante in Jump City, unlike that we have seen in years,” the reporter said.
 
`Maybe older than you think,' thought Vic.
 
#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#% #%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#
 
…Made off
 
Don't stray
 
My kind's your kind, I'll stay the same
 
Pack up
 
Don't stray
 
Oh say, say, say
 
Oh say, say, say
 
Wait
 
They don't love you like I love you
 
Wait
 
They don't—
 
Terry stopped his CD player. Normally, music helped him study, but today it wasn't working for some reason. He sighed and lay down on his bed. He had to go over notes for his Philosophy class tomorrow. He cringed. He was doing pretty well, but his professor was dropping hints that his grades might be slipping. The last thing he needed was to bomb the upcoming exam. Just then, the door to his dorm swung open, making him jump.
 
“Man, I so aced that calc test!”
 
Terry glared at his roommate. “Dude! You scared the frickin' crap outta me!”
 
Jerome laughed, flopping onto his own bed. “You need to lighten up, my friend.”
 
Jerome was the best roommate a guy could ask for. He was funny, nice, and very good to have around if you needed to cram for a calculus or computer science exam. They were his best subjects. This description would make one think he was a nerdy sort of guy, but he was actually a very good-looking, charismatic young man. However, he had a horrible habit of goofing off.
 
“So, how's the job going?” he asked.
 
“Oh, the paper? Good, really good.”
 
“Really? Just the other day, you said it was going great. Does the pay suck that bad?”
 
“No, it's actually pretty good. It's just…”
 
“What?”
 
“Well, remember Rae?”
 
“Yeah, you mentioned her.”
 
“She's been really out of it lately. I mean, really out of it. Like she's always somewhere else.”
 
“Huh. Guy troubles, maybe? Sounds like a woman.”
 
Terry chuckled. “Maybe. I dunno. Anyway, what's up tonight? Any movies to see? It's Friday, stuff usually comes out.”
 
Jerome flipped through the paper. “Not much. That Fallen movie from last week is playing. It got a good review.”
 
“Yeah, and Johnny said it was good. So did Karen.”
 
“Who're they?”
 
“They're from the paper. Karen's really nice. Rae, Harold, and her are the only ones who don't call me `the new kid'.”
 
“Hmmm…how old is Karen?”
 
“Oh, I think she's probably around 21. Maybe a little older.”
 
“What's she look like?”
 
“She's really pretty, ya know? She's got these blue eyes…and her hair's like the sun, and—“ Terry's hand came over his mouth, as his brain had finally registered what he had been saying. His cheeks were very red. Jerome had tears rolling down his cheeks, he was laughing so hard.
 
“Dude—that's—aha—the—best! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!” Then, he paused and saw the look on Terry's face. “Aw—aww, come on Ter, ya know I was just playin', right? You're just actin' so goofy, it's priceless.”
 
“Yeah…I just…”
 
“What's up, man?”
 
“I feel like an idiot…I am never gonna get her.”
 
“Aw come on, man. Why not?”
“She's too good for me.”
“Naw, I bet you could go out with her if you want.”
 
Terry snorted. “Yeah? How?”
 
Jerome grinned. “My brother, it's time you got Jerome's Crash Course in Dating.”
 
“Oh boy.”
 
#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#% #%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#
 
Blowfish (who is very bruised from her reviewers' fury): Ugh, short chapter. I wish I'd gotten a bit more RobStar fluff in, but somehow, I don't think it would've been appropriate here. Fear not, though: Their date is fast approaching, and it will be the most romance-ridden thing I may ever write…this month. I hope you didn't mind the Raven hints in the part with Vic. I felt the need to do something other than introduce Sarah. (Whoever tells me where I got Sarah from gets many, many cookies. Though I think a lot of you may know anyway.) Soooo, I'll see you guys later, after updating my other stories. Seeya!
 
Reviewers: WE'RE NOT DONE WITH YOU YET!
 
Blowfish: AAAAAHHHHH!!! (hobbling off as fast as she can) Oh, btw, can anybody tell me how to get on the C2 boards? This is probably a stupid question (nn;), but I wanted to check them out really badly. So, while leaving a review, I would appreciate the info. Bye!