Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Inside Beast Boy ❯ Lost in the Dark ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SIX
 
All the Titans tried their radios, but it was no good. They were out of range and couldn't contact anyone else. Copy-Cat and Raven weren't even able to make psychic contact with each other.
 
This was just disastrous…
 
Beast-boy only had a few hours to live, and here they all were lost, and separated with now way of contacting the others or finding a way out. Worst of all… even if they would be able to make it all the way to the heart, there was still the problem of putting the vaccine-bomb all together. Without all five pieces, the device would be useless.
 
Still… they all knew that it wouldn't be safe if they just stood where they presently were. especially seeing as how they would soon return to their normal sizes. So… they each began to wander off in hopes they would run into the others… or make it to the heart.
 
Yet, all of them were still unaware that they were being watched by more and more of those… strange, disgusting creatures. One by one the creatures seemed to be passing on a message in their own special way of communication all throughout the body…
 
Farther and farther the message went until it reached the heart. It was there that a strange, mysterious creature was sitting down with almost his entire body hidden behind the darkness. One of the creatures gave him the message of the intruders. “I see…” he hissed in a deep hissing voice. “Bring them to me…alive!”
 
The smaller creature bowed and then left.
 
 
The message had been passed on to all the other creatures in the body, and at once they already had nasty tricks and surprises waiting for the Titans to
 
It was pretty scary walking around Beast-Boy's body all alone. It was also getting stranger for now they were coming across other cells that allowed Beast-Boy to change to his animal forms.
 
Cyborg never saw anything so cool in his life. “Man… I wish I brought a camera.” He said to himself, and that's when he remembered that he had a camera built into him. So he began shooting pictures right away, as many as he could get.
 
As the hours seemed to slowly go by, the Titans kept wandering around their different areas of the body. “Yo'… Robin… Star… Rae… Copy-Cat!” Cybrog called out. “Where are y'all at?”
 
Suddenly… he heard a small snapping-sound. “That don't sound good…” he said as he looked down at his feet. The small, gooey, and narrow bridge he was standing on was collapsing under his weight… and then… SNAP…
 
“YEEEAAAHHH…!”
 
As he plunged deep, deep down into the pits below, his scream could actually be heard echoing throughout the rest of the body. “What is that?!” yelped Copy-Cat.
 
 
Poor Starfire thought it was some sort of monster coming for her, and she began to run in panic, screaming like in a horror-movie.
 
 
A chill ran up Raven's spine, but she did her best to shun her fear. “Okay… there is nothing to be scared of.” she said to herself as she took some deep breaths and paced backwards. “Nothing scares me… nothing scares Me-- AA-AAAAAH!”
 
Raven hadn't been watching where she was going, and she plunged into a deep hole, and it was too later for her to levitate as she began rolling and crashing along a very long tunnel.
 
 
Copy-Cat heard her voice. “Raven…? he called as he looked all over the area he was in. “Raven… where are you?” Suddenly, all the small holes and pockets around his began spewing out air-pressures and liquids that knocked him off his feet and carried him off, “WHOA-AAAH…!”
 
 
Starfire was still running in panic, and then suddenly her boots began to slip and stumble as she treated across an area of slippery-goops. “Ooh… Ah-ah-ah... No, no, no…!”
 
 
As for Robin, himself… he heard everyone screaming. “Where is everyone…?” he asked annoyingly as he looked around some more, but then suddenly he too slipped and slid down a step slide. “WAAA--AAAAAAH…!” Since he couldn't reach his weapons… there was no stopping him… wherever he was going.
 
 
After a while, Raven was still tumbling and crashing about along the tunnel… until finally… “Whoa… WHOA… AAH!” She popped out from a small hole in the wall and landed with thud on her stomach. Her eyes were all swirling with dizziness… (And maybe a few stars around her head)
 
She quickly rekindled herself and got to her feet, and that's when she heard other voices heading straight for her. Everywhere she looked…
 
To the right… Copy-Cat was skidding along the ground.
 
To the left… there was Starfire still slipping on her boots.
 
In front of her was the end of the slide where Robin was coming in fast.
 
And above her… Cyborg was dropping in, “LOOK OUT BELOW…!”
 
Raven was stuck right in the middle with no way out. Her eyes widened, “Oh No…!” She shut her eyes tight, and waited for it…
 
CRASH… BAM… WHALLOP!!
 
Once again, all of them were pilled on top of each other. “Friends…” cried Starfire. “I am so happy to have finally found you all.”
 
“Yeah… so are we.” Raven groaned. The poor dear was stuck at the very bottom of the pile with all that weight crushing her back, but suddenly everyone looked around and saw that they were surrounded…
 
Strange ugly creatures, armed with spear-like weapons were all over the place, and surrounding every corner. Cyborg analyzed them and confirmed that they were all viruses. “So much for us havin' to find them…”
 
The Titans got to their feet, and armed their guns ready to fire, but sadly… the guns had been damaged in the crash and they weren't functional, and there were just too many germs to fight with limited powers.
 
“Wait…” Copy-Cat noticing that one of the germs was making strange gestures with his spear, and arms. “They want us to go with them.”
 
The others raised their eyes in confusion, “Yo' man… we can't go off with these guys.” Cyborg said.
 
“I agree… who knows what diabolical threats they have for us.” added Starfire.
 
Robin, and Raven however agreed with Copy-Cat. “They might be able to lead us to where we need to get.” Robin said. “There's no other option.”
 
“So… I guess we go with them?” Raven asked, and sure enough the Titans were soon being held as prisoners and being taken along the body. Hopefully they would be heading for the heart… and would be able to get to the bottom of Beast-Boy's illness for good.
 
But they really had to hurry…
 
Outside
 
Beast-Boy's condition was still growing worse… and the doctors assumed that he had no more than a few hours left. This really freaked Terra out. “Come on, guys…” she muttered to herself, “You got to hurry in there!”
 
Von-Richter was even more concerned about the others. “Zee compression field… it `as even less time left zan Garfield does.” he said sounding worried, “If zey don't come out zoon…”
 
He didn't say another word, because things were bad enough already. All they could do now was hope that everything would work out in time.