Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Memories of the Kuro Battousai ❯ We're Leaving ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Azawreth Metrion Zinthos...”
--
In an urban area known as Jump City, on an island with a gigantic, T-shaped tower, on the highest floor of the tower, there was a fifteen year old girl meditating and hovering over the ground. And wouldn't you guess this girl's name would happen to be... Raven?
“Azawreth Metrion Zinthos...”
Yes Raven—Raven of the Teen Titans— the gothic, almost emotionless, psychic who just about always meditates or criticizes all sorts of remarks Beastboy creates.
Her violet hair gently danced to the current of the wind's breeze. Her deep, dark, violet eyes were closed in concentration. Her blue cloak gently took the followed the flow of the breeze's direction. Her blood red charka gently gleamed in the sunlight.
Azawreth Metrion Zinthos—”
“Raven? Raven, may I speak to you?” A kindly, highly pitched voice asked.
Raven opened one of her eyes and turned—while still hovering in mid-air—to the owner of the sweet voice.
A young, tall girl with hair of red roses stood at the doorway. The soft wind gently tugged on the tall girl's purple mini-skirt and the girl crossed her arms against her purple mid-drift. The tall girl's eyes of emeralds were softly watery and her mouth was curved into a concern expression.
“Yes Starfire, I do have something to discus with you and the others. Tell them to meet me in the living room in fifteen minutes.”
“Ok Raven...”
--
“We're Leaving”: The Story of Raven's Unknown Sister
--
“NOOOOO!!!! I lost my chick monkey!” Beast Boy cried, as his character—some adorable, female chimpanzee—had been attacked and ran away, “Gah! Stupid thorns! Stupid cannon shooting crocodile monster thingy! Ohhh!”
Fifteen minutes had passed and all of the Titans—except Raven—had gathered around the living room: Beastboy and Cyborg sat on the couch playing Donkey Kong Country Two: Diddy's Quest on the large TV, while Robin and Starfire sat at the table with two Mountain Dew Pitch Black drinks settling close to them on the table.
Cyborg laughed at Beastboy's defeat, “Yo BB, I bet I'll complete this without even losing one life!” And just as he said that, Diddy, the cute lil' monkey with a red sleeveless shirt and matching cap, landed on an end-level target and played his victory song; a cool monkey rap, on his stereo.
“BOOOYAH!!!” Cyborg yelled at Beastboy's face, “What did I tell ya! Beat this level and I didn't lose even one life!” He gave the green boy a raspberry.
“Are you two done yet?” A voice asked coldly.
A black raven came through the door and opened its wings to reveal Raven before the black, magical, bird dissolved away into the air.
“YIII!!!” Beastboy screamed as he jumped off the couch, “Don't do that!”
Raven ignored the scream and looked at the others very seriously. “Listen,” Raven ordered everybody, “I have a little story to tell you all...”
--
With a swish of her hands, the entire room turned black and the loud music from Beast Boy's and Cyborg's old video game slowly dispersed into complete silence.
Suddenly—out of the darkness— a young woman of her late teens appeared as if out of thin air.
The woman looked a lot like Raven, yet she also looked completely different from her too: She had long, violet hair going down her back with beautiful, gleaming eyes that looked like glittering amethyst gems. The woman's skin was a creamy peach-colored and healthy, unlike Raven's clammy gray skin and her expression was a peaceful and happy one. Her body was curved but it was normal since she was almost an adult.
Suddenly another male appeared in the room, standing beside the unnamed woman, smiling and laughing with her as he draped his arm on her shoulder like any best friend would when they were hanging out and goofing around.
His blood red bangs almost covered his almond-shaped eyes of soft blue. His cobalt eyes were filled with caring and kindness. The rest of his hair was tied back in a ponytail He was about the same age as the woman.
“This woman you see here,” Raven began explaining as she indicated the illusion of the female adult-to-be, “Was my sister, for you see... Trigon had raped my mother before I was even born, creating this woman, Midnight... And this man beside her was childhood friend, Keiji Shugo Himura for she had to raise herself since she was a tiny child. They soon became lovers and had two children...”
Soon, the two lovers disappeared and reappeared—only a few years older, they're mid twenties. They were smiling in joy at the sight of the tiny bundle wrapped warmly in a towel within Midnight's arms, revealing to be a tiny baby.
The baby had blue/violet eyes and a scruff of red hair of her head. It was like any other baby: pure, untainted by evil, normal....
Cyborg looked at the baby with amazement as he came closer to the lovers and looked over their shoulders at the tiny child. Pretty soon, all the other Titans did the same, embracing the sight of a beautiful child.
“She's beautiful...” Cy said in amazement.
“Yes, your Earth people's newborns are quite adorable beyond compare,” Starfire agreed.
“Dude, the kid's so cute!” BB said in astonishment.
“The kid, Odelia, is my twin niece...” Raven interjected.
“YOUR WHAT?!” BB inquired with shock.
Raven nodded, “Yes... Trigon raped my mother again and so I was born.... at the exact same time as Odelia.”
The illusion of the lovers with their newborn child vanished and just as the vanished, they reappeared again, nine years older, making them almost to their mid-thirties. The baby girl had now grown into a nine year old girl but she still had that pure, untainted face and eyes—like if she was nothing more but an angel.
The parents had a new bundle of joy in there arms, another baby girl: with a scruff of violet hair and darling amethyst eyes. The tiny newborn also had the same look of purity Odelia had.
“And that... Is Miya Himura.”
--
And pretty soon the image disappeared like all the others... and the darkness soon faded away into the living room of the Titans' Tower.
“The family lived family in a safe neighborhood in Okinawa for most of their lives. But one day, a group of terrorists stormed into the Himura's residents and their neighbors' homes and killed off every single person, down to the last child—I even heard some of the girls were raped. All the innocent people in that neighborhood died—all except Miya and Odelia.... And that's when I came in. I took Odelia away to the Cherry Blossom Academy for Women while taking care of Miya.”
“But,” Beast Boy interjected, “Why haven't I seen this kid?!”
Raven sighed, “Do you think I'd bring her to the Titans' Tower after all the danger we've been through?”
The green changeling slowly lapsed in defeat, “Good point...”
--
Raven lead her fellow Teen Titans to the “God's Children” Orphanage. It was a slightly small, two story church with a playground beside it.
Many children—some as young as four to children as old as eleven—were playing about on the playground. Some of the more kids were playing basketball on the concrete, the little ones were digging around in the sandbox, while young and older girls were playing hopscotch or jump rope on the black pave way.
There was one tiny child playing the game of “Cinderella” on the jump rope with a group of girls. She had violet hair and innocent amethyst-colored eyes. She wore a pink kimono that was rather big on her.
Cinderella, dressed in yella', went up stairs to kiss a fella',” The young girls chanted as the tiny girl continuously hopped over the rope, “Made a mistake and kissed a snake, how many doctors did it take? One, two, three, four, five, six, seven...” And they continued counting. The girl jumped gracefully and happily over the rope—for a five year old—as it got faster and faster.
“Twenty, twenty-one, twenty-two, twenty-three, twenty-four...” The girl just continued jumping as the rope got faster and faster.
The other Teen Titans watched in amazement as the girl jumped faster and faster.
Raven, meanwhile, was talking to the caretakers of this small orphanage who were sitting on a bench near the playground—an old nun of her sixties and her granddaughter, a blonde hair teenager about a few years older than Raven's age. The teenager wore a rainbow-stripped sweater, a rainbow-stripped scarf, a pair of black-flared jeans, and a pair of black clog shoes.
“Well welcome back Raven,” The young girl greeted politely, a cheerful grin expressing welcome to the gothic super heroine.
“It's nice to see you again too, Erin.”
“Come to play with Miya again, eh Raven?” The old woman said, her old voice sounding very cheerful and sweet too, “And I see you have brought your friends here too.
Erin stood up and walked towards the remaining Teen Titans. The Titans still watched as the girl continued jumping the rope.
Thirty-seven, thirty-eight, thirty-nine, forty...
The young daycare assistant stood beside the beautiful Starfire and spoke,
“This is Miya Himura.”
Starfire turned to the blonde woman and blinked.
“Tell me,” Starfire asked in her gentle voice, “What is this strange sort of amusement little Miya is enjoying herself with?”
“Oh, she is playing jump rope. Two people hold one end of the rope and turn their wrists in a circler motion so the rope can rotate while another person who is standing in the rotation jumps over the rope every time it reaches the ground. They sometimes make fun rhymes or games when playing jump rope to make it interesting or to try out amazing tricks like jumping with two ropes or having two people jumping,” Erin explained.
The red head nodded with understanding and watched as the girl continued jumping.
“I bet you're gonna break the world record for jump rope!” A young bystander said in amazement.
“I think she broke it!” Another eye-witness exclaimed, “Forty-nine, fifty, fifty-one, fifty-two—she just won't stop!”
“So you are the Teen Titans that protect our city....I'm pleased to finally meet you all,” Erin spoke, “I have seen Raven come here every once in a while to play with Miya. She isn't up for adoption like the other kids are because Raven is holding Miya custody—but with Raven's hard and dangerous job as a Teen Titan—she asked us if she could live here. Poor Miya, her parents were murdered and her sister, Odelia, is missing...”
At the sound of the name “Odelia,” Miya blinked and turned her head to finally spot the Raven's fellow friends and Teen Titans for the first time.
First, there was a boy. He had jet-black hair, a black white-eyed mask covering his eyes, tight green pants, a red t-shirt with green sleeves and an “R” on his heart area, green gloves, black boots with silver metal bottom at the heels, a golden belt encircling his waist, and a black cape with a yellow inside to it.
The other shorter boy had—strangely enough—green skin with darker green hair, pointy ears, a black shirt with a fuchsia triangle going down the middle, fuchsia shorts and shoes.
Then there was a huge, muscular man nearly covered in robotics.... in fact, his left eye was replaced with a red, electronic eye that was beaming light.
Finally, there was Starfire and Raven—who soon came to her group to greet her little niece.
“Shukubosan!” The girl cried as she jumped right out of the jump rope and ran towards Raven, “Shukubosan!”
Raven smiled and walked towards the tiny child until they met in an embrace.
“Why did you take so long to come back?” the girl exclaimed in a sweet, nigh-pitched voice.
The blue-cloaked girl spoke solemnly, “Forgive me, I was very busy. But now I can make it up to you.....”
“You mean,” Miya asked as she looked up at Rave with hope-filled eyes, “I'll finally see oneesan?”
Raven nodded, “Yes, you will see your sister again.”
Miya happily jumped and let out happy cries of joy and excitement.
“You mean you know where Odelia is?” Robin said with a bit of surprise in his voice.
Raven nodded, “Odelia has become an assassin for hire now. She was hired and invited to Duelist Kingdom by a Maximillion Pegasus to eliminate Seto Kaiba. I am planning on taking Miya with me to Duelist Kingdom where I hope to stop her from her mission and bring her back here.”
“DUDE!” BB suddenly screamed, scaring everyone, “YOU WERE GONNA COMPETE IN DUELIST KINGDOM?!”
Raven looked at her green friend weirdly, “Yes. So?”
But the changeling only continued on, “PEGASUS IS THE CREATOR OF DUEL MONSTERS—I LOVE DUEL MONSTERS! I'VE WON EVERY COMPETITION OF DUEL MONSTERS HERE IN JUMP CITY! AND I'M SETO KAIBA'S NUMBER ONE FAN—HE IS LIKE THE WORLD CHAMP!”
Raven looked at her green friend, slightly shocked and scared, after hearing his ability to play the simple game.
“Duel Monsters?” Starfire said, “So you try to battle and kill your opponent with a bunch of creatures?”
Robin shock his head, for he himself have heard and played the game a bit with his teacher—The Batman.
“It's a type of card game in which two players have to use cards that have monsters painted on them to knock down the person's life points. They start with two thousand life points and the have to bring their opponents life points to zero to win the game. They can also use magic cards and trap cards to help protect their own life points while bringing down their opponent's.”
Starfire nodded, beginning to understand the game just a bit.
“I must bring Starfire with me too,” Raven added, “And only Starfire.”
But before the absolutely shocked Beast boy could interject, Raven added, “She won't waste time dueling. Robin and Cyborg can't fly and you three need to protect the city while we are gone.”
BB moaned solemnly in protest, but no changes in the plan were received.
“When will our quest to bring this Odelia to our wonderful home begin?” Starfire asked with curiosity.
“As soon as we finish packing, Starfire.” Raven then turned to Erin and gave her head a quick bow, “Thank you for taking care of Miya for all this time.”
The blonde hair girl nodded and smiled sweetly, “Anytime Raven. We were very happy to take her in—she behaved very well and was very nice for all this time.”
“Please be careful, dears,” The old nun cautioned gently and worriedly.
--
Raven, Miya, and Starfire were sitting outside on the top of the Titan's Tower with knap sacks resting beside them while the wait for the male Titans to walk up. The three young men walked solemnly up the stairs and through the door, all with sad expressions across their faces (Although Robin's eyes were hard to read under his mask).
Robin was worried for his crush's, Starfire's, and the five year old girl's safety and wondering if Raven knows what she is doing. Beast Boy was worried about their safety too, but he was also very disappointed that he would never meet Pegasus or Seto Kaiba face-to-face. Cyborg was worried about this Odelia character and worried about how she will react to Raven, Starfire, and Miya.
“Be careful Starfire,” Robin warned, holding unto Starfire's hand and then embracing her.
“Good luck Raven,” Beast Boy said, shaking off his disappointment.
“You be careful kid,” Cyborg exclaimed warmly, gently messing up Miya's violet hair.
Raven waved and began to fly off. Starfire hugged Robin back and flew off too. Miya giggled at Cyborg and formed some kind of large, purple bubble and flew on it.
The three girls now were on their way to the Duelist Kingdom, ready to reunite the assassin with her long lost sister.........
And save Odelia from killing Seto Kaiba.... and being killed...
Robin watched them become smaller and smaller in the sky, until it appeared that the female trio utterly vanished. Despite the fact his mask can easily hide any emotions showing within Robin's eyes... the rest of his face looked slightly worried.
--
Be careful girls,” The boy-wonder uttered beneath his breath, “I don't think Odelia will be the only danger in Duelist Kingdom....
--
To Be Continued...
--
Glossary:
Shukubosan—aunt (Who is younger then the mom)
Oneesan—big sister
--
Kristen: Rewritten. And I rewritten Odelia's previous home as Okinawa—based on the same place that had its share of military troubles in the year 1995, when 3 US soldiers raped a 12 year old girl. However, since the time frame for the current story will be 2006, and Odelia is 15 and lost her parents at around 2001, 5 years, right? Ugh, I'm all confused. @_@ But if they did die in 2001, this is also a bit of a reference to possibly 9/11 in a way. Ugh. I'll be seeing u.