Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Things Change & The End? ❯ Regrets and despair ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Copy-Cat and Raven were the only one's left. They were still in the castle for sure. Only the way they were going wasn't different or strange or anything out of ordinary. They were just walking down a long flight of spiral-stairs…
 
“You think we'd be in the bowels of the Earth…” Raven said, “Oh, wait…! We're not even on Earth.”
 
Copy-Cat knew how she felt, he was starting to feel just a little tired, but with his determination to stop Count Logan, and save the Universe, he couldn't rest now.
 
Just then, he stopped, “Shh… listen!” he said. “Do you not hear something?”
 
Raven listened as hard as she could, and then she could hear the sounds of someone sobbing softly. It was very hard to hear, but it was clear, “It's coming from way down there.” She said while pointing down the ever-stretching stairwell.
 
That's when Copy-Cat remembered, “Raven, do you not recall what the Light Pronosticus said…? “A prisoner down below
 
That's when Raven realized, “I think know who it is…” and she began to dash off. “Hey, wait for me.” Copy-Cat called as he chased after her, down, down the stairs until they came to a large wooden door, which was locked tight, but the sound of the crying was louder and clearer there. It was coming right from the other side of the door.
 
“Stand back…!” Copy-Cat said. Raven stepped back as Copy-Cat clenches his fists which extended his X-men claws WHAM! He drove them hard into the wood of the door then pulled, and pulled… and the door snapped right off it's hinges.
 
Raven was really impressed at how strong he was, so much that she almost felt like fainting in a dopey daze… she was really falling hard and fast for him, wasn't she?
 
Still, the door was down and they could walk right into what appeared to be a dark, and crafty dungeon. Raven suddenly saw who was crying, and couldn't believe her eyes. “It can't be…!”
 
Copy-Cat recognized who it was. “It is her, Terra!”
 
The young girl opened looked up from her sobbing and gazed at the door. “Who's there…?” she asked. That's when Raven and Copy-Cat came into the picture. Terra gasped softly, “Raven…?”
 
Raven nodded, but she still could barley believe, “So it is you…” she said, “Beast-Boy was right all along.”
 
Terra knew she was busted now, and she was thinking of trying to play dumb, but Copy-Cat told her, “Your lies hold now bound against me.”
 
Terra didn't know who this creature was, he obviously wasn't Robin, though the resemblance was uncanny. “We can deal with explanations later… right now we must get you out from here.” replied Copy-Cat.
 
Terra shook her head, “You can't… I've tried.”
 
Her cell was certain locked tight. Even Raven couldn't get the lock her magic, and there was no way Copy-Cat could rip that steel off. Suddenly, the Dark Prognosticus began to glow again, “Now what…?” asked Raven.
 
Copy-Cat grabbed the book, and it opened once again, producing a large key. Copy-Cat grabbed it, and the book sealed up again. It was almost too farfetched to believe the key would unlock Terra's cell… but it did.
 
“Wow… a book that can unlock doors…” Raven exclaimed.
 
Terra felt so relieved she was going to be free, but the moment she stepped out from her cell, she gasped, and pointed behind the others. Raven and Copy-Cat slowly turned round, and saw Jacquelyn Hyde… in her sweet-forum. “Hi there…” she said sounding all ditzy. “Ooh, I'm so happy you're here!” she changed into her bad-forum, “Now I can finish you off here and now!”
 
Raven and Copy-Cat stood poised at ready, “Bring it on, ditz!” snapped Raven.
 
“We are ready for you…!” added Copy-Cat.
 
“Hah…! Maybe for me, but not if I do this…!” Jacquelyn snapped her fingers and giants appeared all over the dungeon. “LOOK OUT…!” cried Terra.
 
The dungeon didn't have a lot of fighting space, and the only exit, the doorway to the stairs, was blocked off by the enemies. They were badly outnumbered… Raven and Copy-Cat didn't know what to do…
 
The giants and Jacquelyn moved in closer, and closer, until Terra realized, “Maybe I can--” she closed her eyes and concentrated hard. The ground began to rumble around the villains. “Hey, hey… what's going on?” cried Jacquelyn, “HEY….!” and a huge avalanche of boulders fell on her and the giants.
 
Raven and Copy-Cat gazed back at Terra. She grinned at them, “Looks like I still got it.” she smirked.
 
 
The giants had vanished from whence they came, and Jacquelyn was thrown into the cell and locked in with the same key from the book. Inside, her powers would be useless, until someone let her out. She wouldn't even be able to disappear…
 
That's how Terra was able to gain her powers back. Still, on the way back up the long flight of stairs, Raven had quite a few words to say to Terra, who noticed she was staring at her awkwardly. “What…?”
 
Raven just let her have it, “You've been alive, all along?” she asked, “And you never told us, or let us know that?”
 
Terra felt a little nervous, and she would have tried to lie about, but she remembered, Copy-Cat would sense her out. She was busted, and had to come clean. She explained how, she couldn't remember how she changed back from her stone state… but she felt so guilty about all she had done, all the people she had hurt… particularly Beast-Boy, that she decided to live a normal life, be a school girl, this way she could start over, and life a happier life and help everyone to move on and forget her and the past…
 
She even explained how when Beast-Boy saw her, and tried to reconcile with her, she played dumb, and pretended she didn't know him or anything of her former life. She was trying to make him see…
 
“Things change Beast-Boy. The girl you want me to be is just a memory.”
 
Copy-Cat was outraged, “I have never heard anything, in all my existence, heard of anything so incredibly incompetent and ridiculous. It is no wonder Beast-Boy wished to perform suicide…!”
 
Raven felt sick to her stomach. “Don't you realize what you did was wrong?” she asked.
 
Suddenly, they realized Terra wasn't with them. They looked back and saw her a few steps down, with tears flowing down her checks. She fell to her knees, “Yes… I admit it…” she sobbed, “I did all this! It's all my fault.”
 
Copy-Cat and Raven walked down to her. Copy-Cat tried to sense her mind and see how she was feeling and what she meant. All he could see was, she and only she had actually seen Count Logan's face, and learned his true identity, and his intentions…
 
But just as Copy-Cat was about to see who it was, something blocked him out…
 
“Not yet…” Count Logan hissed from a distant.
 
Raven put her arm on Terra's back, but she didn't know what to say. Beast-Boy was dead-- that's what she thought. “It'll be okay…” she finally said. “We all miss him.”
 
Terra shook her head, “No, you don't understand--” but before she could finish speaking, Copy-Cat interrupted, “I understand, that we must continue forth before our enemies have a chance to catch up to us.”
 
Terra suddenly realized that was true, even though she was still deathly upset about what she knew, she bravely got up and ran with the others.
 
 
Finally… the whole team met up in the room where they started in. There were many hugs and hand-shakes, but the Titans were most amazed to see Terra, but they had no time to worry about what happened between her and Beast-Boy…
 
“Hey…! Where's Larry?” asked Mento. Then he and the rest of the team remembered they had heard him scream not too long ago. “Oh, Steve… you don't think?” cried Elasti-girl, but her husband refused to believe that Negative-man was killed…
 
So far, they had all realized that they had new found strengths and skills, which was obviously a result from the quest they had taken to get the Light Prognosticus. Raven and Copy-Cat also reported that the book had produced a Master-Key which could open any lock…
 
“Hey…” said Robot-man, “Maybe it'll work on that door up there.” He pointed up at the stair-flight at the only door no one had entered or seen through yet. The one with a big silver-lock on it.
 
Robin decided they would all head that way next, and “Copy-Cat… take Terra back to your spaceship, and make sure she's safe.”
 
“What…?” Terra asked. “No, I'm going with you!”
 
“Look kid…” said Mento, “This is no mission for you, and your not even one of us.”
 
Terra continued to argue, “I was a Teen Titan once before, and you guys are going to need all the help you can get. I'm coming, and that's that.”
 
Copy-Cat couldn't argue, “She did save me and Raven… she will be valuable to help us stop Count Logan.”
 
Some of the others agreed, Robin and Mento realized they were out-voted. “All right… but you mess up just once, you're outta' here.” snapped Mento.
 
Terra promised not to cause any trouble, and so everyone walked up the stairs, and Copy-Cat used the master-key to unlock the door. “What…?”
 
“Huh?”
 
“Hey!”
 
It was nothing but just an empty room, much like an ordinary broom-closet, without the brooms and pails or anything at all. It was just empty. “What's this all about…?” asked Mento.
 
“Why would he just build an empty room, and then lock it up?” Raven wondered aloud.
 
Cyborg walked in, “What the heck is this Fo-OOOOOOOOOOR…!” he vanished in a flash of light. “Cyborg…!” cried Starfire. “Where have you gone?” she moved into the room, “WHAAA--!!” then she vanished.
 
“Starfire!” cried Robin.
 
“It must be a warp-chamber…” cried Robot-Man. “Let me see…” then he walked in and vanished. This prompted everyone to walk in, one-by-one, and vanish. All of them shouted and scream as they found themselves flying upward.
 
And the all landed with a splat in a dark chamber. “Is everyone, alight…?” asked Robin.
 
Poor, Raven, who was squished at the bottom of the pile asked, “Define, alright?”
 
Everyone got up, but neither one of them had any idea where they were, but Elasti-girl saw someone chained to the walls. “Larry…!”
 
Everyone could seem him, “Gee, he looks in bad shape.” said Robot-man. Larry was hanging there with his head hanging low, as if he had had the energy sapped out from him…
 
Elasti-Girl tried to help Negative-man down, but she was nearly hit by an energy blast. “That's not a good idea! Hmm, mm, ah, ah, ah!”
 
That sickening voice only belonged to one being. Elasti-girl backed away, as he walked out from the shadows. “Count Logan!” Copy-Cat growled softly.
 
The Count tipped the rim of his hat, “Welcome, Teen Titans. Welcome, Doom Patrol. Welcome… to your final scene. Heh, heh, ah, ah, ah…!”