Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Things Change & The End? ❯ A very narrow escape ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY
 
“Kill Beast-Boy…?” cried Starfire.
 
“No… we can't do that!” added Raven.
 
To be honest, Copy-Cat didn't like the idea either, now that he and everyone else knew the full truth for Beast-Boy's actions. “There has to be another way.” said Mento, but it turned but there wasn't. It was one life against a number that didn't have a name…
 
This was so tragic that nobody knew if they could actually bare to go through with it, or rather who would do it.
 
Suddenly, the entire castle began to quake and rumble violently. “What's happening?” asked Robin. Then e suddenly got his answered as the walls and floors began to crack and fall apart. “This place is breakin' up!” cried Cyborg.
 
Copy-Cat sensed Beast-boy's thoughts, “With his last ounce of strength, Count Logan is trying to crush us all in the ruins of the castle.”
 
“Well, come on, grab him and let's get out of here!” cried Negative-man. Everyone agreed, and most of them took off from the castle roof, Mento tried to pick up Beast-Boy, but his hand went right through him, “Huh?”
 
“Steve! Hurry!” cried Elasti-Girl.
 
“I can't pick him up!” her husband called to her. “I can't touch him.”
 
Robin and Elasti-girl tried to pick him up together, but they couldn't touch him either. Their hands just went right through him. “Come on, you guys!” cried Cyborg, “We're running out of time.”
 
The castle was breaking up badly, the towers were crumpling, and the floors were caving in. “We have no choice!” cried Robin, “We have to leave him!”
 
“No!” cried Elasti-Girl, “I won't leave him behind.”
 
The floor around them was breaking. Mento grabbed his wife, “We're out of here!”
 
“No! Garfield…!”
 
 
Everyone escaped and dashed back to Copy-Cat's spaceship, “Where's Beast-Boy?” asked Terra. “Didn't you get him?”
 
The others remained silent, and shamed…
 
“Hang on everyone! We are leaving!” Copy-Cat called as his ship began to roar to life. “No!” Terra cried as she dashed to a window, and gazed out at the crumpling castle, “BEAST-BOY…!
 
The spaceship began to take-off, and Terra to the floor. “AAH…!” Up, and up it soared, and headed for the opening in the void which would take them back into space. Then suddenly… the castle EXPLODED!
 
It was such a strong force that it upset the waves inside the void and threw the ship off like being caught in a wind-blast. The ship tumbled and rolled over, and over. Everyone screamed and cried out, and poor Terra, since she wasn't strapped-down, bumped and crashed around.
 
Mento grabbed hold of her arm, and held her steady. “Hang on, kid!” he shouted.
 
The ship made it out into space, but was still rolling, and Copy-Cat couldn't seem to bring it under control. “If I do not… ARGH… gain control… OOH… We will surely perish!”
 
“Everyone! Please help…!”
 
Some of the heroes agreed, and managed to make their ways to the upper-floor and man some of the consoles. Raven felt like she was going to hurl. “What do we do?” she cried out.
 
“Just activate systems as I call them out!” replied Copy-Cat. “Stabilize the energy converter!”
 
“Fire rockets.”
 
“Rotate ninety degrees.”
 
The ship was starting to level off, but was still far from under-control. “We must find somewhere to land.”
 
Just their luck, a planet was just before them. “Let's set down there!” shouted Robin.
 
“Right!” cried Copy-Cat. “Strap yourselves down, this will not be smooth!”
 
Everyone tightened their safety-straps as tight as they could go. Raven was turning blue in the face; either from cutting off her circulation or the fact that she was going to blow chunks for sure.
 
The ship began to head into the planet's atmosphere. “Hang on! HERE WE GO-----!”
 
Down, down, down the ship crash until it smashed so hard against the ground… you could hear the KAPOW from about ten miles away.
 
 
Everyone had been knocked out hard in the crash, but were now starting to awaken after a while. The ship was in a real mess. Controls were sparking, small fires were burning… but they would wear out soon, after all, most of the ship was made of iron, and nickel, and the fire couldn't spread.
 
“It everyone okay…?” asked Robin.
 
Raven said it before, and she had to say it again, “Define “okay?”
 
Elsti-Girl then asked, “Where do you think we are?” she asked.
 
Negative-man gazed out the window, “No! It can't be…” her cried.
 
“Larry…?” said Mento, “What's the matter?” but when he gazed out of the window he could see what it was as well. Soon everyone realized where they were. “Earth…!” cried Robin.
 
Or rather, what was left of it…
 
The sky was red and Smokey, much like when Trigon attacked, only this time, there were no stone statues of the human-race. They were all gone, lost almost the decaying ruins of everything on Earth. The buildings, the mountains, plains, everything!
 
The sun was still in the sky, but it too was in bad shape thanks to the Dark-Void. Soon it would be nothing, and the planet itself would be destroyed forever.
 
Everyone exited the spaceship, and walked around a little in the wastelands. “We are… too late.” cried Starfire.
 
Robin sat down beside her and tried to comfort her, but he honestly didn't know what to say. Until he suddenly realized, “Wait a second! Shouldn't the Earth be back to normal by now…?”
 
Everyone else was confused until Terra remembered, “Beast-Boy…!” and she remembered watching the castle explode. Beast-Boy was still unconscious, and nobody was able to grab him…
 
She would be crying her heart out, believe now Beast-Boy was really dead, but-- “The Dark-Void is still there.” said Elasti-Girl.
 
A chill ran up Robin's spine, “That can only mean--”
 
The ground began to rumble, and POW! Giants popped out all over the place, followed by three of Count Logan's minions.
 
“Medeva…! GLARGH…!”
 
“Sir. Vile! Ha, ha, ah, ah, ah!”
 
“Jacquelyn-Hyde! GRR…!”
 
The eleven heroes stood poised and ready for more. “Don't you guys ever give up?” snapped Mento.
 
The minions and their giants were in no position to back down. Medeva hissed at them, “You haven't won, not just yet.”
 
“This will be your greatest battle yet!”
 
The heroes were confused, “What do you mean, greatest battle.”
 
The ground began to rumble and quiver again, and POW! Beast-Boy shot straight up from the ground like a rocket. Everyone gasped in shock. “AH!”
 
“Beast-Boy!” cried Terra.
 
He still looked very weak, and was panting heavily. “My name… is Count Logan!” he thundered at them. “But you are right about one thing… and that's the beast is coming!”
 
He began to focus his furry, and boil it all into one huge burst causing his eyes to glow, and his body to flare. “MMM-- YAAHH…!”
 
The Titans could see what was coming, but the Doom Patrol was confused. “What's happening?” asked Negative-man. “It looks like he's changing!” added Mento.
 
Beast-Boy still had one of his best qualities, being able to grow angry and outraged enough o become, “THE INCREDBILE BEAST…!” A giant werewolf creature, driven by rage.
 
With this form, combined with his dark magic, Beast-Boy planned to crush the Titans, and the Doom Patrol with one last stab. The minions were overjoyed to see this… but suddenly…
 
Some strange ray blasted the beast, and changed him back into Beast-Boy. “What…?!” he snapped. “What's going on? Why did I change back?”
 
Absolutely everyone was baffled. Then the small sound of someone chuckling was heard. “Isn't it the weirdest thing. Someone changed you back.”
 
Everyone turned round, and there he was, “Dr. Beljar!” snapped Robin.
 
“Beljar!” snapped Beast-Boy. “You did this? When I'm through with you I'll-- AAH…!” Beljar shot at him again in a field of energy holding him in place.
 
“I'm afraid you are no longer calling the shots around here, Count!” and he held up the Dark Prognosticus, “I am…!”
 
Everyone was shocked that he himself was wielding the book, when it was assumed that only Beast-Boy was able to read it. “Uhn…! You were… planning to betray me… all along?” growled Beast-Boy.
 
Beljar owed everyone an explanation, and he was more than delighted to give it to everyone.
 
He was well aware that Beast-boy was never planning to construct a new world, but just leave the Universe in ruin, and then kill himself and everyone else so that nothing was left.
 
A fine reward that would be for all his years in service of serving him. “My little malfunctioning, nervous dieter act seemed to have served me well, keeping you in the open ready for me to strip you of everything you gained, and take over operations for myself.”
 
It suddenly became obvious to everyone why Beljar was able to use the Dark Pronosticus. He was an android, he hardly had a heart at all, let alone an empty one, and he never had happiness either, not even under the service of Beast-Boy.
 
He also explained that he had been slipping a potion into his water-jug at night. “And now… my reign begins.” Replied Beljar as he approached the defenseless ex-count. “What are you going to do?” Beast-Boy demanded to know.
 
Beljar grinned wickedly, “You wanted to transform? You wanted to crush the heroes? You wanted to destroy the Universe? Well, the doctor is here to help you. YAH…!” and he blasted Beast-Boy with a wave of darkness from the book.
 
“This can't be!” cried Beast-Boy. Then he felt his body transforming again, but something much greater than the Incredible Beast. “What's… happening-- NO----!”
 
The light was so blinding, everyone shielded their eyes, and when they looked back. Beast-Boy had been changed into an enormous, snarling, raging dragon!
 
A dragon the size of all Jump-City; bigger than five Trigons. Compared to him, everyone down below was only a toothpick. The dragon ROARED with all his might, causing the entire planet to rumble, and the skies quiver with lightning.
 
The heroes were in very deep trouble now…!