Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: What Changes Really Are ❯ Beast-Boy's Back ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
CHAPTER NINE
 
Things didn't go well as the fight continued. Copy-Cat couldn't get at Dr. Body without his foresight. Starfire's powers were practically useless against all those Billy-clones, and Robin and Raven couldn't seem to find a weak point on Adonis' suit.
 
Cyborg already felt like he had been run over by a-hundred bulldozers, while Cinderblock had barely been chipped. “Man… and I thought the scrap yard was a nightmare!” he groaned.
 
Starfire was all tucked out from fire her star-bolts too much for too long, and Raven was running out of energy; she would need to meditate to recharge, but not during the battle.
 
Robin was that was left, and sadly… none of his weapons and gadgets were strong enough to even take out one of the villains, let alone all four. “Ha, ha, ha… well little Robin… whatever will you do now?” chucked the Doc, “Your teammates have just about had it, and we're all still fresh as daises.
 
Robin stood his guard with his metal-staff clutched in his fists.
 
Cinderblock pounded his hands together, “I'll crush you into a pancake!”
 
“I'll out number you one to a-hundred!” added Billy.
 
“I'll blast, burn, and blow you to bits!” said Adonis as he fired his weapons to the sky.
 
“And I'll kick all of you where your butts are the softest!” called a voice from above. The Titans and the villains looked round, and saw Beast-Boy standing up on a stack of metal crates.
 
“Beast-Boy…!” cried Robin
 
The others all smiled, and Beast-Boy smirked back at them. Then he leapt down from the crates in front of his fallen friends. “Take five guys… I'll take it from here.”
 
“Beast-Boy wait…!” called Robin
 
“Dude… I can take them.”
 
As he approached the villains, all four of them were laughing at him. “If your four other friends couldn't take us out, what makes you think you can?” asked Adonis.
 
Beast-Boy stood there, with his eyes glowing, and a surge of new powers flowing through his veins. “Dude… I don't think-- I KNOW!”
 
Cinderblock went p first… “I got him…” then he curled up into a huge ball, and rolled toward. Beast-Boy then changed into a gorilla, and as he stood his ground he began to growl and focus. He looked as though he was squeezing his insides and putting pressure on himself…
 
Then… he multiplied into several gorillas.
 
“HUH…?” The others all gasped hard wondering how he did that….
 
Nevertheless, all the gorillas let out huge growls as the all teamed up together and halted the rolling ball with their strength, and send Cinderblock up high in the air and crash down again hard… “Do-ohh…” and he passed out.
 
The other villains couldn't believe their eyes. “Hey… how did he do that?” Adonis asked the Billy-monster. “I don't know… why don't you go next?”
 
“Thank you…” replied Adonis, and he charged forward with his robot-suit, but Beast-Boy then changed, and multiplied into dozens of small mice that were tiny enough to squeeze under the suit and gnaw away at the wires and joints, dismantling the suit from within…
 
“Hey… what the… Oh, No!” cried Adonis as he beautiful machine fell to bits, allowing the rest of the mice to gang up on him and knock him out-cold.
 
“Oh, yeah…!” growled the Billy-Monster, “Well you're not the only one who can multiply.” And he began to duplicate himself over and over, making his monster form grow bigger…
 
“Oh yeah… try this!” growled Beast-Boy, and he changed and multiplied into dozens of electrical eels, which clung onto all sides of the giant monster, shocking the living daylight out of all the clones…
 
The monster began to fall apart as more of the copies vanished, and eventually the real Billy got shocked, and lost all control. He now lay on the ground twitching like crazy with all the electrical currents still flowing through him.
 
The other titans were amazed. “I do not believe my eyes.” cried Starfire, “He is… winning.”
 
Raven admitted to herself that she was impressed, but deep down, like all the others she was still wondering, “How and when did he learn to multiply like that?”
 
Still, “Yeah… three down, and one to go…” Beast-Boy cheered, “But this last one's not going to be easy!”
 
All that remained was Dr. Noah Body, “I have the advantage Beast-Boy.” he called, “I can see you, but you can't see me.”
 
Beast-Boy ran all over, “Dude… just because I can't see you, doesn't mean I can't hear or smell you…” he called back. He pinpointed where the Doc's voice had come from, he was trying to make a get-away… “And besides…”
 
Beast-Boy then quickly changed and multiplied into many different animals to enclose as an enormous dome around the Doc, and concealing him in the dark. “What… what's going on here, I can't see anything!” he cried.
 
“Exactly, Dude…” Beast-Boy said, “I can't see you, but what happens if you can't see me either? Now who's got the advantage…?”
 
Before the Doc knew it, he heard the sounds of a pack of wolves growling at him in the Dark, “Oh no… NO! AAAHH…!”
 
The dome trembled and shook all over the place as Beast-Boy attacked the man from inside, and when the dome of animals, had vanished, there he lay on the ground. The octopuses had sprayed him with their ink-goop to make him appear visible. Nonetheless that was all four villains beaten.
 
“Beast-Boy… that was amazing!” Robin said.
 
Beast-Boy, though confused as well by how he was able to multiply and split his animals like that, had to agree. “Yeah… I totally rocked their world.”
 
Then, he felt Starfire hug him tightly, and her tears of happiness fell on his squeezed body. “Oh, Friend… you have come back. I am so happy you are here!”
 
“Star… Star!” he cried, and she let him go.
 
“Yo' man… most excellent timing.” Cyborg said as he bopped fists. “Finally came to your senses.”
 
Beast-Boy nodded, “Being alone was fun… but it only lasted.”
 
That's when he noticed Copy-Cat and Raven sanding ahead of him, “Hey, hey, hey… aren't you guys happy I'm back?” he said as he walked over and hugged them both.
 
Suddenly, Raven felt a shiver run down her spine, as if she was sensing something dark inside Beast-Boy's body, Copy-Cat however, his foresight hadn't returned yet and wouldn't until Nobody's smoke-screen wore off.
 
Yet, they were happy he returned, and even Raven hugged him back… slightly.
 
Cyborg then rubbed his hands together, “Okay… there's only one thing to call for s time of celebration like this…; Pizza!”
 
“Oh yes… celebrate we must!” cried Starfire.
 
“Yeah… let's go.” added Robin.
 
(Music starts up again)
 
Beast-Boy was home again, and he was pleased to find that nothing had changed in his little home town since he left it. Yet, that did still remind him of his troubles with Terra, and it weakened his spirit more, giving him a slight headache…
 
“Beast-Boy… you okay?” asked Robin.
 
Beast-Boy nodded, “Yeah… I'll be fine…” he said with a smile, “And why wouldn't I be…”
 
(Beast-Boy)
 
(Sounds like Joe Raspo)
 
While I may not have my lady fare
And my life's not as bright as can be,
It's safe to say… it wouldn't all be easy…
Still… Jump-City… will always be home… to… me-e-e-e-e-e!
 
 
“He's back…” Raven playfully groaned as the song ended, everyone shared a laugh.
 
 
That night however…
 
Beast-Boy's room was kept just the way as it was when he left, and he was stirring in his sleep as his head began aching as Trigon was trying to call out to him…
 
“Mmm… no… No!”
 
“Why do you fight me Garfield Logan…? I am already deep inside your mind. I cannot be dislodged!”
 
Beast-Boy's head really hurt him the more he struggled, “Go away… Leave me alone!” he moaned.
 
“It is useless for you to resist…” replied Trigon, “Your multiplying powers came from my magic. I am a-part of you.”
 
Beast-Boy gritted his teeth in his sleep, “I'll never give into you! You hear me… NEVER…!”
 
Cease talking… and pay attention. As you know, I plan to take over this world, as well as destroy the Teen Titans. To help us accomplish our purpose we shall require minions and servants
 
Beast-Boy shook his throbbing-head, “But you… you…don't have the power to create fire-minions. Slade is out of reach… and all the world's greatest criminals are locked up.”
 
“I have already begun the preparations for what must be done. Now… sleep. You must rest… for come tomorrow night… there will be much to do.”