Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: What Changes Really Are ❯ One last hope ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's notes:
 
For those of you who may recall reading my first fic in the chain, “WELCOME COPY-CAT” The sacred tower he has is merely just a reenactment of the Korin tower from Dragon ball.
 
It may be a little bit of a rip, but it's suitable…
 
CHAPTER NINETEEN
 
Terra only knew that it was when she turned to stone that her powers were gone. It was as if she was trying to balance out rocks with her own body, thus stabilizing her DNA and relieving her of her magical energies.
 
How she escaped from being a statute was probably due to Trigon being defeated the first time and Raven's light waves restoring the Earth back to normal, but that was it. She had no idea of what happened to her powers or how to get them back.
 
That's where Copy-Cat and Raven had the idea to train her Copy-Cat's way. After all… many special people could gain special abilities or claim those they had lost from pushing themselves beyond their limits, it made Copy-Cat the skilled fighter that he was that day.
 
 
It wasn't easy, but he and Raven, once he copied her form, gathered as many bits of the abandoned buildings and shrines as they could to construct a perfect likeness of Copy-Cat's sacred tower.
 
“Now Terra… your first task shall be to increase your endurance, and thus making your body stronger, and more solid to take in attacks from enemies.” he said to her, “You must climb all the way up to the top of this tower by yourself without falling once.”
 
Terra looked up to the skies, and could not believe how incredibly high the tower was. You'd think it would go on forever. “All the way up there?” she asked in shock.
 
Copy-Cat nodded, “But be warned… it is a very difficult climb, much like a very tall mountain, therefore it can take you several days to reach the top. The Senzu bean I have given you will keep you full for at least another nine days, but as you ascend the tower it will begin to weaken and your appetite will catch up to you.”
 
In other words… she'd start to get hungry at a normal pace again, and many creatures whom had attempted the climb before her perished from hunger, or resorted to eating insects. Then there were the many that ran out of strength before making it very far at all.
 
Terra was starting to feel a little discouraged, but once she reminded herself that this was all to save Beast-Boy, she wasted no time in grabbing onto the tower and began to bound her way up, up, up. “Good thing I got A's in gymnastics.” she said with confidence.
 
“You really think she can make it?” Raven asked.
 
Her boyfriend shook his head, “She is overconfident, but she is determined.” he said, “I did not believe myself that you all could make it past my tests, and you did. Terra is no exception. She is a brave girl, and the Teen Titans need brave creatures that they can trust to assist them in combat against the enemies.”
 
Raven still had her doubts about Terra; climbing the tower was only the first test, and then would come the next test; grabbing a bottle of cool water from Copy-Cat and her, while they could read her mind and sense her every move.
 
This would be a test to sharpen her mind, and increase her speed. Hopefully, this would be enough to unlock her powers again, and make her stronger than before.
 
“I still don't know…” replied Raven, and she looked right up the tower.
 
(Music cue)
 
As much as she didn't like to sing as the others did, “Whatever…”
 
(Raven)
 
So, ya' wanna' be a hero, kid? Well, whoop-de-do!
We have been around the block before with blockheads just like you
Each and everyone a disappointment
Pain for which there ain't no ointment
So much for excuses
Wanting to form truces
Asking us to jump into the fray
My answer is two words -
 
“Raven…!” Copt-Cat snapped at her.
 
Raven twiddled her fingers…
 
 
Uh… O.K.
You win
Good grief
Oy vay!
 
Raven saw no choice but to trust her boyfriend, and believe that Terra could make the climb and pass the tests…
 
I'd given up hope that someone would come along
Someone who'd ring the bell for once, not the gong
The kind who wins trophies
Won't settle for low fees
At least semi-pro fees
But no - I get the greenhorn
 
I've been out to pasture many times, my ambition gone
Content to spend my days and to graze the lawn
But you need some advisors
Who are satyrs, but wisers
Some good merchandiser
And oohh!
There goes my ulcer.
 
We're down to one last hope and we hope it's you
Though, kid, you're not exactly a dream come true
We've trained enough turkeys. Who never came through
You're our one last hope so you'll have to do.
 
 
With her strong determination, Terra managed to reach the top of the tower in sixty hours; that was two and a-half days. She would've made it sooner if she hadn't slipped a few times.
 
Then came the next tests, to grab the bottle from Copy-Cat and Raven, but her over confidence began to catch up to her as she bumbled, and slipped every time. “Concentrate, girl!” Copy-Cat said, “Do not react to what we do, and learn to predict what we are going to do?”
 
“Know our thoughts by reading our breath.”
 
Terra didn't understand what that meant. “How am I supposed to read your breath?”
 
Raven and Copy-Cat sighed irritably, but training continued.
 
 
Demigods had faced the odds
And ended up a mockery
Don't believe the stories
That you read on all the crockery
 
To regain all your powers, kid, it's a dying art
Like painting a masterpiece, it's a work of heart
It takes more than sinew
Comes down to what's in you
You have to continue to grow
 
A few more days passed by, and even though Terra hadn't quite gotten the bottle from the other two, she was starting to feel stronger, and her hands and eyes began to glow, and she was able to start moving small rocks again…
 
She was also beginning to understand what they meant by “Reading their breath.”
 
For every move they were about to make, they would breath differently. All she had to do was pay attention to the sound and style of the breathing, and quickly react…
 
Now that's more like it!
 
I'm down to one last shoot and one last high note
Before that blasted Dad of mine gets my goat
Our dreams are on you, kid
Go make 'em come true
Climb that up-hill slope
Keep pushing that envelope
You're our one last hope
And, kid, it's up to you…!
 
“Ugh! I hate singing…!”
 
 
With her powers now completely restored and her mind, speed, and endurance shaper than ever. Terra succeeded in capturing the bottle from Copy-Cat. “I got it! I got it!”
 
Copy-Cat and Raven smiled as they gazed at each other and hugged. Still, now was not the time to celebrate…
 
Terra had not been the only one training for the upcoming challenges ahead. Back in Azarath, all the other Titans were training themselves harder than ever before, and once Raven and Copy-Cat had returned, with the newly re-energized Terra, the training was about to become even greater…
 
Arella had many ancient spell-books in her library, and she was more than happy to let the Titans help themselves. Of course, only true people's of Azarath could learn the really powerful spells, but the only spells the Titans needed were ones that made them stronger, wittier, and even considered a little dangerous for their own good.
 
Robin was able to empower his weapons with magical energies, which would allow them to make twice the damage to enemies if they hit just right. Copy-Cat got the same thing for his battle-claws as well…
 
The two men armed themselves and were each able to break a ten-ton block of solid cement in two pieces, with only one swipe of their weapons.
 
“Amazing…” Robin said.
 
“Agreed…” added Copy-Cat.
 
Starfire, and Cyborg were able power their energies way higher than normal. Now her star-bolts, and the energy from his Sonic-Cannon would be larger than before, and bale to deal much more damage.
 
Starfire growled in triumph as she blasted a small mountain to rubble with her powers. “Never have I felt so powerful in all my life!”
 
“BO-YAH…!” added Cyborg, “I feel like I could blow up an asteroid with all this.”
 
Raven and Terra were already as strong as they were going to get in what little time was left. “This all feels so great…” Terra said, “But… do you really think we stand a chance?”
 
Raven gave her an honest answer, “No, I don't really.” she said, “But Robin's right… we can't turn our backs on Beast-Boy, no matter how great the risk.”
 
Terra's head began to sink down low in sadness, as she remembered how Beast-Boy had almost promised to her that he'd always be her friend, “I promised Terra… no matter what.” Even though he didn't live up to it, for good reason, he still wanted to… and that meant a lot to her.
 
“Oh… sorry…” Raven replied, “I didn't mean--”
 
“It's alright…” Terra said. “I just hope we can save him!”