Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: What Changes Really Are ❯ Let's kick it up ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
 
Zombies to the left and animals on the right… the Titans didn't care how many there were at first…
 
Robin pulled out his staff and charged straight at a gaggle of Zombies. The Zombies fired their flame-orbs, “Not this time…!” Robin said. He continued to run, and with the help of his training in Azarath he sidestepped, and jumped out of the way of most of the flame-orbs, and when the Zombies tried firing more, Robin whirled his staff round, and around like a helicopter blade. The staff spun so fast that the flames were all negated before reaching him.
 
Next thing the Zombies knew… CRASH! Robin rammed straight through them like a wrecking-ball. The Zombies fell down, but they weren't out, not yet!
 
“Yo… these guys just don't know when to quit!” growled Cyborg as he was engaging a fist lock with another gaggle of Zombies, but was also being surrounded by dark rhinos and elephants, and they looked mighty hungry.
 
“Okay…” Cyborg said as he socked his metal fists together. “These fists were made for smashin', and that's just what they'll do.”
 
With his new strength, and his awesome new powers he was able to single-handedly outmatch all the monsters that ganged up on him, but still… he couldn't find any way to keep them down.
 
Starfire and Raven weren't having much luck either. Their powers and energies were so incredibly big, yet not good enough to find any ways of brining the monsters down for good.
 
Worse than that, more and more zombies and animals were beginning to crowd around them. “They are outnumbering us!” Starfire cried.
 
“Yeah… tell me something I don't already know.” Raven said. “Uh… on second-thought… don't!”
 
The girls realized they had to levitate up in the air to avoid getting bitten or scratched; otherwise they would turn to Zombies too.
 
Suddenly, Starfire caught site of a Zombie making a run for it. “Stop!” she called as she began to chase after it while firing her star-bolts. She managed to hit it, but then she looked in shock as the Zombie had changed into Copy-Cat… “Oh, friend… I am ever so sorry.”
 
Copy-Cat got up and brushed the soot off his fur. “Never mind about me…” he simply said as he extended his claws, “Watch out!”
 
Starfire turn to se three Zombies jumping right at her, but Copy-Cat quickly leapt up to defend her. “You monsters… are not the only ones… who can scratch!” he hissed like the cat he was.
 
The battler perused for a while, but still, the Zombies and the animals weren't brought down; Even Terra couldn't bring them down, and she tried burying them in rockslides.
 
Beast-Boy was enjoying this the most as he observed from the tower. “Hmm, mm, mm… those fools have no idea that they are only making things worse.” he said to himself.
 
Copy-Cat was right, he was up to something big. He looked down at the mark of Scathe on his chest-plate, and it was starting to glow…
 
His secret plan was… to harness the energies and forces that were being drawn on the battle-field below. He would harness it all until he had enough to open a super-vortex that would allow him to conquer absolutely everything!
 
Every corner of the universe… ever hidden dimension… and any place beyond that would all belong to him and the dark forces. “The time is growing nearer… the end it coming, and it will be all because of you, Titans… heh, heh, heh.”
 
 
After a while longer, the Titans were surrounded! All ways there were zombies, and animals, and no possible way out, even if they dared to try and fly out, they would get shot down for certain.
 
What was worst of all was still not one of them had any clues of how to bring them down. “I've said it before and I'll say it again…” cried Cyborg, “How can you kill what's already dead?”
 
Starfire gulped in fear, “I believe that we shall soon find out… once we are amongst them…!”
 
Robin felt it was foolish to think that way, but for once in his life, he was actually stumped, “Looks like this is it…” he said, “It's been great working with you all.” he said.
 
All the others nodded in what was sure to be their final agreement, but just then as the backed-stepped a little more away form the monsters, Terra slipped on a stone. “WHOA…Whoops!” and she bumped into Raven, while the stone she slipped on went flying through the air and slammed right into a Zombie's chest… Robin gazed at the zombie, “What the…?”
 
“Watch it… will you!” Raven growled at Terra, “You are so incredibly…”
 
“You're a Genius…” Robin cut it. The others were confused but then saw what he was talking about…
 
The large Scathe marking on the Zombie's chest began to glow as the monster growled in anguish, and then… KAPOW! It was defeated. “Yo' man… how could we have missed that?”
 
Starfire tried it herself, and shot another Zombie in the chest with her star-bolts, and that Zombie too went down. The Zombies and Animals looked at each other in discouragement… and Beast-Boy didn't like the looks of this, and growled under his breath… “No… they can't know this now… I haven't got enough power yet.”
 
 
The Titans all grinned sneakily, “TITANS… GO!” Robin shouted, “Aim directly for the mark of Scathe!”
 
“RIGHT…!” and they were off!
 
(Music cue)
 
Let's Kick It Up!
Shout Out All The Things We Can Do!
Let's Kick It Up!
Together…
 
 
The Titans had all split up, and using all their powers and weapons in just the right place; the number Zombies and the animals were starting to decrease. The Scathe marking on their chests, and or backs appeared to be the source of their powers just as Terra and Robin had discovered…
 
 
 
If We Take Our Time,
And We Stick Together
,
Everything We Do Will Go Our Way.
And If We Try
,
Now and Forever
,
No Matter Comes Next
,
We'll Be Okay.

Let's Kick It Up!
Shout Out All The Things We Can Do!
Let's Kick It Up!
Now There's no Tomorrow!
Let's Kick It Up!
Cause They Ain't Seen The Last Of Me And You!
Let's Ki
ck It Up!
Together.
 
 
Robin fired his disc-bombs, and attacked the Zombie's with his staff. Starfire protected him using her star-bolts, and firing energy from her eyes. BOOM… hundreds of the zombies and animals were destroyed.
 
“It's working…” Robin said with joy. “Keep going!”
 
 
And We Realize,
What's On the Surface,
Ain't Picture Perfect,
But That Don't Mean A Thing.
One Thing I Know,
Is There's A Purpose,
And Like The Circus,
We're Hanging From The Rings.

Let's Kick It Up!
Shout Out All The Things We Can Do!
Let's Kick It Up!
Now There's no Tomorrow!
Let's Kick It Up!
Cause They Ain't Seen The Last Of Me And You!
Let's
Kick It Up!
Together.
Together.
 
 
The other titans spared no one as they attacked and destroyed more of the evil creatures. Cyborg with his sonic-cannon, and missiles, “BO-YAH!”
 
Raven joined with Terra to send swarms of rubble, and rocks right at the mark of Scathe, and Copy-Cat used his claws, with the new power bestowed within them.
 
Hundreds of the monsters were defeated, then thousands, and more…
 
 
One, Two, Three!

If We Take Our Time,
And We Stick Together,
Everything We Do Will Go Our Way.
I Have No Doubt,
This Situation,
Then We'll Enjoy Another Day.

Let's Kick It Up!
Shout Out All The Things We Can Do!
Let's Kick It Up!
Now There's no Tomorrow!
Let's Kick It Up!
Cause They Ain't Seen The Last Of Me And You!
Let's Kick It Up!
Together.
Together.
 
 
Almost all the monsters had been completely obliterated, and Beast-Boy was really getting angry. However, “It is not the energy I hoped for, but it will do just fine!”
 
As the remaining monsters died, he changed the energy type he needed to open his vortex so that the more monsters the Titans destroyed the faster the energy he needed would increase…
 
 
The last few hundreds of the zombies and dark animals still persisted in carrying out their orders, and began to charge right at the Titans, who were all standing together arming their weapons and power…
 
“TITANS… FIRE…!” shouted Robin, and everyone's energies combined into one huge BURST that flew straight for the monsters.
 
KAPOW!!
 
 
 
Let's Kick It Up!
Shout Out All The Things We Can Do!
Let's Kick It Up!
Now There's no Tomorrow!
Let's Kick It Up!
Cause They Ain't Seen The Last Of Me And You!
Let's Kick It Up!
Together.
Together.
 
 
That was it, the last of the monsters. The titans were cheering for joy over their tremendous victory, but then their features changed. They all turned to face the tower. “It's time…!” Robin said. Beast-Boy or not… they were going to try and get Trigon out of his body, for good!
 
Beast-Boy also realized that he hadn't collected enough energy, and yet he was so incredibly close to getting all that he needed. “The time has come…” he said while clenching his fists. “If you want something done you have to do it yourself!”
 
Both he and the Titans were on a collision course for what was sure to be a battle greater than that of the monster army… the fate of all existence hanged in the balance!