Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Night ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

One-shots to keep you occupied until I update my story. (subliminal messaging) REVIEW THIS STORY (subliminal messaging over)
“Count bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums”
Night
The steam from the tea rose like ghosts dancing in the still night air. There was no wind to blow it away, so it lingered in the humid air. Raven's cloak was placed carefully next to the tea thanks to the heavy atmosphere.
Raven was unsure when the last time she got more than five minutes of sleep was. Last night? No. Last week? No. Her mind was jumbled with the ongoing insomnia, and her meditation was lacking.
Strangely enough, she felt happy. Perhaps it was the peace of the night, or perhaps it was the delirium that came with constant lack of sleep. Either way, she was enjoying the feeling. Humming an unknown song, she brought the tea to her lips. It was hot and scalded her tongue, but she oddly enjoyed that feeling. It made sure she was alive. Otherwise she would feel numb.
The stars would've been beautiful if not for the lights of the near-by city. Still, the full moon was bright enough to allow her a book to read, but she didn't feel like reading. She felt like sitting quietly and allowing the moonlight to warm her body.
Moon-bathing was much more fun than sun-bathing because the moon was softer and sweeter. The sun got you riled up while the moon calmed you down. And with the amount of tea Raven had drunken today, she needed to be calmed.
Caffeine sent her into giddy fits, though she'd never admit it. Normally, she'd have her tea and lock herself away in her room until she calmed down (the calm was usually induced through hours of meditation). Sighing in content, Raven took yet another long sip of her tea.
She struck her earlier thought. She didn't feel happy; she felt content. There was a gaping difference, though both were nice feelings. But Raven rarely felt happy these days. She would settle for content.
The moon was high overhead now. Lights clicked off in the city allowing stars to twinkle down. Raven sighed happily and rested her head on her balled on her cloak. The night was growing old, and she needed to return to her room to look as if she slept.
But her legs refused to let her up, and she closed her eyes sleepily. The cloak was not particularly soft, but she didn't mind. The coarse material felt nice against her warm cheek. The tea beside her was slowly turning cold, but she didn't mind. At least she was getting some sleep.
 
“Head down go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums”
Writer's block, so this is short. Get over it. The story had neither plot nor point, but I enjoyed writing. Now, maybe I write another chapter for another story.
I've made a resolution not to add another story until I finish one of my current ones. So all my ideas are being added to my bio until I write them up.
REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW
Thank you.