Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Prelude To A Team? ❯ Team? ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Terra stood on the edge of the cliff and watched the world below her swirl. The sea, the palace built of stone, the technology, the cars. It was the world she'd grown to know.

And the world she'd grown to understandably fear and hate.

"Terra!"

She looked up and had to brace herself at a moment's notice. Her new friend, Agua, wasn't the best at stopping her rapid descents from space. Today was no different, only that she was trying to train with Terra's other new friend.

Terra put up a huge wall of sand and Agua slammed into it and slid down the side. "Thanks."

Terra smiled. "No prob. So, since we're on the subject of thanking, how are we going to explain to the Teen Titans we're not Teen Titans?"

Agua shrugged. Her black hair was streaked on the left side with a sea blue and an ocean green that would've made kelp jealous of her. She wore a green jacket that covered her upper torso and arms quite well. Her jeans were also quite covering. She wore a pair of mid-calf boots with a little metal on the top with the insignia of their team.

Agua, Terra, Jericho, Herald, and Upgrade had made a team called "Rejeneration", specifically because all of them had made their powers stronger and better. Jericho could now communicate with people through his weaker techniques of body posession. Herald was able to chose the places he opened with just a mere thought. Terra had been broken free of her prison by Agua and Upgrade and had since learned to use her powers without her hands. Agua and Upgrade had gone from regular kids just learning their powers to kids who could "rule the streets" if they so chose.

But Upgrade was their main problem. He didn't want to be leader and made Agua, the only one of the group who had issues with her powers, in charge. Now, Rejeneration was in the Teen Titans' vacinity and they'd have to deal with all the things that made it impossible to compete with the Titans.

Upgrade, speaking of, materialized himself. He could travel through anything electrical or electronics if he so chose. But he usually just used power lines to get around the city or town they were camping out in. His hair was electrifyingly green and his eyes were bright yellow. His cloths consisted of a whit lab coat, black boots, and blue jeans. He didn't wear gloves because it was pointless for him. But he did have the goggles.

"Upgrade, are we really going to do this?" Terra asked. She'd since changed her "hero" name to "Earthian", because Terra was too obvious. "I mean, what if we do fight our enemy and their enemy decides to attack?"

"So? The Titans East are visiting, so, they'll be a bit preoccupied." Upgrade stretched out his arms, as if hugging the city. "Besides, we're home for you."

Terra nodded in agreement.

Ah, timing was always a horrid thing.

A blast of heat came surging through the air and Agua had to raise a huge section of the ocean to stop the heat from burning Terra's rocks. Terra, having all the time in the world, raised the mountain and, opening her hand, let it smash the heat source.

It wasn't good enough. Their "enemy" came zooming towards them. He calls himself Bloodfire, because he's supposedly able to set his own blood on fire and survive. He has things for capes, too. But Bloodfire is more dangerous because he can easily out manuver everyone, except Agua and he often uses that to his advantage.

Like now.

Terra was blasted back by a heat wave and Upgrade's body sparkled with electricity trying to protect him from the heat. Herald and Jericho weren't due to arrive for another twenty minutes, since Jericho was meditating on his mountain.

Agua dived off the cliff and was able to manuver herself so she landed on the surface of the water. She kicked off like she was skating and zoomed towards the Titans' Tower. She had to get help or Terra and Upgrade would die!

Seeing the Titans outside, she had an idea. Using the water around her, she raised the entire body of water around the tower and threw it at Bloodfire. A very bad timing thing again, as a drop of sweat went into her eye and she hit the rocky shore of the Titans' island. She got up rather quickly, seeing as Bloodfire never gave up that easily.

"Little girl, little girl, what makes you so sure you can win?" he taunted.

She raised her hands and brought them back down. The ocean made a huge tsunami that she was controling. The sweat broke out anew all over her. She smiled. "The fact that I have no will to hurt you." She drew her right hand back and her eyes turned blue. Her clawed hand turned blue as well. A question mark appeared under her left eye and her smile became evil. "Because I didn't just kill that fish with my heat blast!"

Throwing her hand out, Agua shot Bloodfire out of the sky and he slammed into the tail end of her tsunami, which died away the mometn she stood up. She noticed the Titans gawking at her and she suddenly remembered where she was. With a quick nod, she held a hand up. Upgrade zoomed over their heads, using the electrically charged water droplets to move. He picked up Agua and headed back to their floating island.

"Agua! Stop doing that! You'll get us all in trouble!" Terra said.

Agua shrugged. "I know we didn't get him. But you know Bloodfire, he'll join forces with whomever he can to take us down. We have to keep him at bay until you and Jericho and Herald find someone who'll help us. You three were honarary Titans. I, on the other hand, would never, or could never be a Titan." Agua flopped down and looked at the sky. "I wish I cold be. After that Atlantian saved me, I wanted to thank him. I just don't know how." She closed her eyes as the waves licked their island.

Terra and Upgrade exchanged looks. Agua had a lot behind that power.