Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Slade's Return ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chapter 2:

Robin-

I walked into the garage and picked up my bag next to the door. I knew they didn’t know my reasons behind this act, but they didn’t need to know. It wasn’t their battle and I needed to do this alone. Everything had been put in order after my encounter early this morning. I was extremely surprised that Raven didn’t ask how I knew Terra was working for Slade again. The truth was I had gone to see Terra at around midnight since I couldn’t sleep and tomorrow it would have been a year and a half since she saved the city. She had been a well respected friend I still despised her for betraying us to Slade, but she had saved the city. When I walked into the cave Slade was there helping Terra to her feet. Slade didn’t seem to notice me at first so I hid in the shadows and waited to see what would happen. Slade grabbed Terra by the back of the neck and set her on her feet. Then he whispered something to her and the ground started to shake under my feet. I tried to make a run for it, but I was late.

“Come now Robin you didn’t honestly think I wouldn’t know you were there. You can’t hide from me.” Slade hissed in my ear as Terra shaped the rocks to bind me to the wall.

I struggled furiously to get free with no avail. Slade chuckled at my efforts. He whispered something again to Terra and she turned to face me and smiled wickedly. That’s when a sharp pain in my back began to form. I realized little rocks in the wall we being pulled into me. I bit my bottom lip and closed my eyes tightly in an effort not to scream. When the pain stopped I opened my eyes and Slade was coming towards me with a small knife and Terra and sharp rocks pointed in my direction.

“I will have you as my apprentice Robin, but for now I’m going to enjoy this.” Slade said so Terra couldn’t hear.

My eyes widened in fear I struggled violently cursing Slade. This only caused him to chuckle and bring the knife closer to me. After a couple of minuets, that seem to drag on, Slade and Terra cut me with full force. I was slashed ripped open and cussed at but even to my surprise I didn’t cry out. This unfortunately pissed Slade off.

“Terra chain him to the ceiling.” Slade commanded walking into the darkness for a moment.

“Yes Master” Terra replied loyalty evident in her every word.

Calling him master made me cringe visibly. Terra didn’t notice, but to my dismay Slade did.

“I see you still don’t appreciate hearing me referred to as Master in your presence. Don’t worry you’ll get use to it my boy.” Slade said walking calming back over to where I now hung, my feet a good ten feet from the floor.

“I’m NOT YOUR boy.” I growled.

“This ought to teach you to respect me.” Slade hissed anger obvious in his voice.

That’s when the whip wheels slapped my back, and I couldn’t hold it back any longer, I screamed. It hurt so badly. I heard Slade’s satisfied chuckled right before the second crack against my back. That lasted for so long I lost count of how many time my back had been hit. Then Slade seemed to get bored with that and began to punch me. I honestly don’t know how long that lasted, but since he made an effort to hit my cuts it hurt and could help but yell out in pain. Slade seemed to be more pleased the more I yelled and screamed. Before he let me go he walked back into the darkness and came back out with a glowing stick with a symbol on the end of it. His symbol

“This is going to hurt a lot Robin but it’s the only way to ensure that you’re mine.”

I would have trashed if it hadn’t been for those stupid rocks and Terra’s ability to control them. Slade put the mark on the back of my neck and let me tell you hot metal on the back of your neck hurts like the devil. Especially since the devil was the one marking me. Finally he told Terra to let me down. She released the stone holding me and as I landed my feet crumpled underneath me and I collapsed onto the floor. I started to try and get up but Slade put his boot on my back and leaned down to look me in the face.

“The next time we meet I’m taking you back, apprentice.” He hissed.

I glared at him and spit and his feet. In retaliation he stepped on my arm till we both heard a sickening crack. I bit my lip refusing to scream anymore. Slade not seeming to care anymore got up and left, Terra right on his heels.

It took a little bit but I managed to get up and walk back to the tower. Thankfully it was still early when I returned so nobody was awake I quickly walked into my room and locked the door. I put on a clean white shirt, which was a mistake, and then when though one of my drawers till I found my old communicator. I opened it and pushed the call button. No more then a second later Batman was on the other line.

“Isn’t it a bit early for you to be up?” he asked smirking just a little. Then he noticed the cuts on my face, “Robin what happened?” he had no concern in his voice just anger.

I told him the very abridged version careful not to mention Slade’s name at all. The last thing I needed was Batman trying to help me with MY criminal. Then he insisted that I return to Gotham so he could see me. This got me ticked off. “If you want to see me then get your lazy butt over HERE and see me!” I yelled still remembering not to be too loud I didn’t want to wake up my team. Batman sighed.

“I don’t want to come over there as Batman, Robin news might get over to Gotham and then what?” he asked it was actually a logical question.

“Then come as Bruce Wayne. Everyone in Gotham knows that Richard is in Jump city. You can come to visit for only the time needed like two days or something. Gotham isn’t that far from Jump and you know it wouldn’t kill Bruce Wayne to come visit.” I said trying not to lose my cool. Slade really hadn’t helped the matter at all.

“What about your friends?” he asked. I knew he was considering my idea.

“I’ve already made reservations for a hotel in Jump city I’m going to live as a civilian in the city for the next month.” I stated feeling pleased with myself for being a step ahead of Batman.

“Fine I’ll come in a few days I’ll find you don’t try to find me is that understood?”

“Yes, I won’t come looking for you, you’ll come find me. Should I expect you during the day or at night?” I asked only joking a little.

“I’ll stay in the hotel with you. I assume you asked for a suite?”

“Only the best.” I replied laughing a little. To my surprise Batman chuckled.

“I’ll see you in a few days Richard.”

“Bye Bruce.” I said smiling slightly, and hung up.

Now in the Titans Tower garage I hopped on my all black motorcycle that was carefully hidden from my friends, put on my mirrored sunglasses in place of my mask and drove off the hotel I was staying at. Bruce wouldn’t be happy if he saw any of the other wounds on my body. I could have just had Raven heal them, but that would have lead to a whole other mess of problems.

A/N: ok please review. This was mostly a flashback chapter so if you’re confused next chapter should make a little more sense.