Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Teen Titans High School Musical Christmas special ❯ Who hates Christmas? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER ONE
 
It was about a week before the Christmas holidays in Jump City, but School continued as always. The Murakami School was all decorated and well ready for the holidays, and especially he Christmas dance that would be happening on Friday. This was organized by student body president, Kori Anders.
 
Known as the hottest girl in the school, with long red hair, and beautiful green eyes… She did, however, already have a boyfriend. Dick Grayson. A suave student who was a wiz in computers, and law-civics…
 
He also wore a mask over his sensitive eyes, due to a chemical experiment gone wrong in science-class last year.
 
Right now, Kori was having a hard time organizing few last-minute details for the dance. “Who will sell tickets? Do we have enough room for all the couples? Are the decorations in place….?”
 
Dick placed a comforting hand on his girlfriend's shoulder. “Take it easy. Everything's going to be just fine.” he said to her.
 
“Dang it, girl… you just leave some the heavy work to Me.” said Vic. Kori looked up at her friends and smiled. She was glad to have them helping her out; especially Vic.
 
Victor Stone was the school's big guy. He was a smooth athlete and an expert in auto shop and kitchen. He was also on the list of many girls to want to ask him to the dance. “Man… I love bein' the ladies-man.”
 
Just then, two students with pale skin came along. Raven and her boyfriend Kato... They were Goths who loved reading horror stories, and meditating. Kato looked very much like Dick, and even wore a mask over his sensitive eyes as well. He stared into bright lights for too long, and decided to stray form it, Goth like.
 
They brought back a sample of balloons for the dance. The others all gasped, “Black and red?” Kori asked. “They're supposed to be white and silver.”
 
The Goths gazed at each other, “We think they're fine as they are.” said Kato.
 
“Yeah… the red really gives off the nice blood color.” Raven sniggered. Nevertheless they knew they had to try again. So they ran off, and that's when the bell rang for next period classes to commence.
 
“Gotta zip…” said Vic. “Ciao…” and he went off on his way. Kori and Dick walked to their next class together, and soon the halls were flooded with students changing classes.
 
All the students were kept under the watchful eyes of their beloved and kind principal Shepard, and his assistant, Babe. “Ahh… I just love the holidays.” said Shepard.
 
Babe looked up from her computer, “So do I, Sir.” She answered. “All the students are so happy and already sharing in the special things the holidays have to offer.”
 
Shepard wished he could agree with her, “Ah, but alas M'dear. There's still one student who doesn't seem to be into it at all.”
 
Babe suddenly realized what he was referring to. Of all the students at Murakami, there was only one who was not like all the others…
 
 
It was in a math class deep on the other side of the school. Two naughty girls, Jackie, a redheaded girl, and Jillian, a black girl; they were gazing out the open-window with sour stares on their faces. “Sun, sun, sun…! All the time sun…!” Jackie complained.
 
“No joke!” snapped Jillian, “When are we going to see some snow around here?”
 
Just then, someone crept up from behind them and closed the window. A simple young man with brown hair, and huge bags under his green eyes said to the girls, “We won't…”
 
The girls looked at him. “Who asked you?” snapped Jackie.
 
“Yeah…! What do you know? Brat-Boy…!”
 
The other guy stood where he was, “I know a lot more than you twerps.” he insulted them. “If you bothered to study books instead of magazines, you'd know that the city is far too near the ocean. Ocean water and air near this area of the world are tropical, which means it's too warm to snow here.”
 
The girls' heads throbbed in anger, and they tried to march up to the guy and let him have it but they were yanked back and almost fell. “Whoops… looks like you two are literally, tied-up.” the guy mocked at them.
 
Then he motion at the fact that when he shut the window he got the girls' neckties caught. The whole class laughed at them. “Hey, Brat-By get us out of here!” snapped Jillian.
 
“Hey, don't you walk away, Brat-boy!” snapped Jackie.
 
The guy, however, simply sneered at them, “First of all…I got a name, okay? It's Garfield. And second… it serves you both right...” The other students in the class began to agree, well most. One girl with long blonde-hair freed her two friends, though she did find it amusing.
 
“You got to admit, guys that was pretty funny.” she said.
 
“Just, shut up, Terra.” snapped Jackie.
 
Jillian just plain snuffed as she took her seat.
 
The teacher came in, and he immediately began to handout the graded geometry tests everyone had taken last Friday. Every person he went to he would say things aloud like. “Good. Not bad. Eligible… Needs Improvement…”
 
He approached Dick and Kori. “Mr. Grayson; Good work… Ms. Anders… not bad…”
 
Kori sighed, but Dick patted her back, “Hey, at least you passed.” He whispered to her. That made his girlfriend smile.
 
Terra, however, didn't do so well, “Ms. Markov! Review those angles and measurements.” As for Jackie and Jillian, “Ladies…!” the teacher sneered and passed them another set of perfectly earned zeros. The girls groaned miserably. This meant another day of after school detention for them.
 
Garfield, however, “Well, well… Mr. Logan.” The teacher gleamed. “Another perfect score. Very well done, Sir.”
 
Garfield didn't act all that chipper and such, almost as if he knew it was coming his way. “This is too easy…” he thought to himself.
 
Garfield was, no questioning about it, the smartest kid in the entire school. A regular genius. His IQ was almost two-hundred and he never got anything less than a B-plus. Sometimes he even explained things using long and complicated words that other students would ask him to repeat…
 
Not only did he ace his tests, he was so smart that nobody ever got the best of him. Pranksters, bullies… no one got the best of him, and those who did always ended up regretting it.
 
However, most of the students couldn't figure him out. He always looked as if he had been up all night, what with those bags under his eyes and his occasional soft groan and rubbing his head.
 
He also didn't really have any friends. He never really fit in with anyone, and was never willing to work in a partnership with anyone. He acted as if he couldn't trust anyone, or he was hiding something big…
 
Jackie and Jillian really hated his guts. “What a geek!” Jackie said.
 
“Yeah… smartest, loser in school.” added Jillian.
 
Terra didn't think that, however. She thought Garfield was cute. “Like a puppy you want to take care of.” but she didn't dare ever tell anyone else that. She didn't really have too, a lot of the students around the school, as well as her two, why would she wanna have for, friends, could tell that she was totally crushing on him.
 
But Garfield knew nothing of this…
 
He did know Terra from way back when he was four years old. When they went to preschool together, but for some strange reason he stopped going, and she hadn't seen him in over twelve years.
 
She never forgot him, and now seeing the great success she believed him to be, she hoped one day he would ask her out. But Garfield was so incredibly buried in his school work and studies, and lived so secretly to himself that he hardly noticed her…
 
At least he knew it was her, and that he never forgot her.
 
When the bell rang, and the students got up to leave, Garfield and Terra accidentally bumped into each other, and Terra dropped her books. “Oh… uh…sorry Garfield.” She said, her cheeks went slightly pink at the fact she was this close to him…
 
Garfield just quickly handed her books back, “No biggie…” and he walked off without saying anything else or looking back. Terra snapped too, and opened her mouth t try and call to him, but… he was already gone, and she just stood there with a comical look on her face.
 
Somehow, she just wished she could let him know…
 
 
Vic, Dick and Kori met up with the Goths by some lockers. They had finally gotten the right color balloons. “Perfect!” exclaimed Kori, “These will do nicely. Make sure there's enough to cover the entire atrium.”
 
The Goth sighed irritable to one another. Raven even hissed like a cat, “If I ever have to look at these dreary colors again I'll be sick.”
 
Her boyfriend nodded, “Still.. we must hurry. The sooner we finish the sooner we can vanquish these mortal feelings.”
 
No sooner did they leave, did Garfield come along. He paused for a minute to gaze at a poster on the bulletin board in the hall about the “Christmas Dance, Friday.”
 
“Hmm! Meh…!” he simply scoffed.
 
His scoff did not go unnoticed by the other three who were near his locker. “Yo, Gar… what was up with that?” Vic said.
 
Though Garfield didn't accept Vic and the others as friends, he was obliged to answer. “What was what…?”
 
The others raised their eyebrows. “So… aren't you excited about the dance coming?” Dick asked.
 
Garfield put his books away and chuckled, “Dude… you're joking, right?” he asked rhetorically.
 
Kori became very concerned, “Aren't you going?”
 
Garfield snuffed, “Why should I? I couldn't care less about some old dance. Now I have to go. Excuse me…” he grabbed out of his locker a long black cape with grey fabric on the inside…
 
He never wore a jacket outside and only used the cape, but why this was he wouldn't tell. The others, however were still baffled by what he said about the dance and tried to persuade him that it would cool, and awesome. Gift exchanges. Romantic slow songs. Christmas carols and goodies… but Garfield was not impressed.
 
“Please… the only thing cool about school is taking tests and studying.” he simply said.
 
“Yo' man… but where's your Christmas spirit?” Vic asked. “You just saw it…” Garfield called, and he walked down the hall with his cape fluttering in the air as he walked.
 
The others just stood there with confused expressions on their faces. “Gee… Garfield must really hate Christmas.” said Dick.
 
The others thought that to be quite shocking. Who in their right mind would hate Christmas and why?
 
(Soft music cue)
 
(Kori)
 
Jingle Bells. Jingle Bells. Jingle all the way.
 
(All three)
 
Oh, what fun it is to ride in a one horse open sleigh.
 
 
Suddenly, the whole building was filled with the sound of the school's rock band playing something smooth, yet hard for the holidays.
 
 
(Hard Rock theme from the Muppet Family Christmas)
 
Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock
Jingle bells swing and jingle bells ring
Snowing and blowing up bushels of fun
Now the jingle hop has begun

Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock
Jingle bells chime in jingle bell time
Dancing and prancing in Jingle Bell Square
In the frosty air.

What a bright time, it's the right time
To rock the night away

Jingle bell time is a swell time
To go gliding in a one-horse sleigh
Giddy-up jingle horse, pick up your feet
Jingle around the clock

Mix and a-mingle in the jingling feet
That's the jingle bell,
That's the jingle bell,
That's the jingle bell roc
k
 
(Saxophone and Trumpet solo)
 
Giddy-up jingle horse, pick up your feet
Jingle around the clock

Mix and a-mingle in the jingling feet
That's the jingle bell,
That's the jingle bell,
That's the jingle bell,

That's the jingle bell roc
k…
 
“That's the Jingle Bell rock”
 
(Big Bang Finish)
 
All the students began to cheer and applaud, but outside the school, Garfield, perched on his Tidwell-3000 moped, heard everything, and sneered. “Hah! Yeah right…?” and he revved up the engines and drove away.