Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Teen Titans: Unwanted Secrets ❯ The White Beast ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own the Teen Titans.

Chapter Summary: Red-X escapes from the Titans and earned a wad of cash, but something from the shadows attacks him… The creature from “Things Change,” set six months later.

“Talking”
‘Thinking’

! @#$%^&*()
It’s a dark moonlit night, and absolutely no stars can be seen over the horizon. The street are bright this evening, but there are hardly anyone roaming the streets, all but some cats meowing and dogs barking.

Suddenly, a loud boom is heard as something is thrown into one of the building walls. From the rubble, a person who is mostly metallic and only half his face is human with dark skin. He rubs his head for a moment to clear his head, and then he follows his team against only one man.

“Titans, don’t let X go!” says the leader, Robin the Boy Wonder, once sidekick of Batman, The Dark Knight. Now, he is the leader of the Teen Titans for a good three years.

The next to show up is Starfire, tamarenian princess and Robin’s official girlfriend for a year. She readies her starbolts and eye beams as she charges at the Red-X. But the thief made a somersault jump and stepped on her back as leverage to jump even higher. X used his xenothium powered suit to launch an X to tie bolt Starfire to the ground and keep her their face down.

From behind X, Raven the half-demon daughter to Trigon the destroyer, attempted to bind the thief while in mid-air. Suddenly, X disappeared from sight, startling Raven for a split second, which gave X enough time to appear behind her and shock her unconscious with an electric pulse from the suit.

With only three left to fight, Red-X tried to make a run for it, to have Beast Boy the changeling stand in his way in gorilla form. The green gorilla took several strikes, only for X to easily dodge them, following the next strike, the thief tapped Beast Boy’s chest and run the other way.

The changeling looked to his chest to see an X shuriken starting to pulsate, and in an instant, it explodes, knocking him down. Now only two Titans are left, Robin rushes and makes a flying kick at X knocking him over. Cyborg joins the fight and launches a Sonic Blast at the thief in retaliation.

Red-X feels the pain o the Sonic Boom as the sound vibrations knock him down and ripple through his body, like how a loud bass speaker is going at high volume and the sound starts to affect the heart. Getting back up, he throws more shurikens at the half metallic Titan. Cyborg blocks the attack with his arms, and as he looked up he noticed the shurikens were still attached to his arms and started to pulsate.

“Oh crap…” was all he muttered as they exploded; fortunately it didn’t bring him down. Still standing, X jumps at him and lands a sticky x to Cyborg’s face, temporarily blinding him. Once again, X didn’t lose the opportunity and charged up for an x-blast. Robin interfered with his bo-staff before X got in a point blank shot, but the thief still insisted and shot the blast between both Robin and Cyborg, knocking them off their feet.

The first to recover is the Boy Wonder, he gazed up and heard Red-X taunt him, “What’s the matter Robin?” says the thief, “you and you’re team can’t seem to hack it anymore.” He chuckles for a moment.

‘Something’s not right,’ thinks Robin, ‘those attacks, I never added some of them to the suit when I made it, which means, he’s upgrading the suit!’ He pulls out another bo-staff, ready to fight. ‘The bastard is upgrading such a dangerous suit; I have to stop him before it gets worse!’

“I’m still ready to fight, X!”

The master thief looks at his opponent and calmly replies, “Sorry kid, but fighting you is not my job,” he says as he pulls out a seemingly priceless orb, “The Tear of Calypso, supposedly from the goddess herself when Odysseus left her, this baby can fetch me millions of dollars to the highest bidder, just so you know.” He adds as a slight insult.

“You---” Robin grabs his staff and maddeningly makes a downward attack at X, who easily dodged it and lands a hard fist at Robin’s face. “You should learn to relax a bit Robin; otherwise you start to get sloppy…” X’s voice fades as he disappears into the night.

Slamming his fist into the ground, Robin’s anger was at its peak, of all the villains they’ve beaten and caught after the Brotherhood of Evil; only Red-X and Slade are still loose still no success, not to mention that strange white creature that can change into whatever element it touches. “It’s all my fault,” Robin mutters to himself.

“Yo Robin, you know we’re in this together, right?”

Robin looks behind to see Cyborg and the others have regained consciousness.

“That is right, we will one day catch that thief and show him who the boss is,” Starfire adds her comment.

“He couldn’t have gone far,” says Raven in her monotone voice, “we can search from the rooftops.”

Beast Boy interferes with he’s opinion, “Aw come on, he’s gone man, besides, he’s not really threatening the city, right?” He earned a glare from Robin like no other. “Umm, forget I said that,” sweat starts to trickle down his neck.

“Red-X may not be threatening the city, but what he does is against what we stand for, understand?” Robin says with a stern but calm voice, he inhales and exhales a couple of times until fully calm, “come on, Raven’s right we’ll look out from the rooftops, he’s here somewhere,” he smiles at his teammates and they head off.

Truthfully, the Titans like the way their leader is now, back then he was the kind of guy who gets overly obsessed about bringing down a villain it’s almost scary.


!@#$%^&*()
Meanwhile, a couple of miles away, Red-X just appears for a meeting with some druglord and his bodyguards.

“You have the Tear?” asked the Druglord.

“Yup, right here,” X brings it out and shows the priceless gem to his buyer, “but first, how much you willing to pay for it.”

“I’ll offer you 10 million for it.”

“Make it 20 mil.”

“15 million!”
“Then I guess you don’t want this, huh?” X waves the Tear in front of the Druglord’s face. He could actually see veins popping out, and it kind of amused him.

“18 million, that’s my final offer…” the Druglord muttered in anger.

“Hmm,” Red-X pondered for a moment, “not good enough, besides, you make a living selling millions of dollars in drugs; 20 million shouldn’t be that much for you.”

Before he could raise his fist at the greedy thief, he somehow stopped himself. “Fine then, give him the money…” his men gives the thief the money in a backpack.

X checks the backpack to make sure, and he smiles underneath his mask and tosses the Tear of Calypso to one of the bodyguards, “Thank you for your business,” he says as he gladly receives his payment.

As the druglord and his henchmen leave, one of them asks, “Hey boss, why are we following the orders of some common thief, we’re one of the most powerful drug dealing mobs, we don’t take orders from nobody.”

The druglord looks at his henchman and replies, “You just joined us five months ago so you’re still a rookie, but it’s because of Red-X we’re in the clear, most of the other mob factions feel the same way.”

“What do you mean?”

“With Red-X being the only one for hire who can actually stand up to those Teen Titans, and succeed in the process, our names are completely anonymous, several other druglords and mob leaders have been put to jail coz of incompetent thieves for hire.”

“So you’re saying this Red-X is the best at what he does.”

“If it means paying higher than what we were expecting to save our hides, so be it,” with that, they left, dwelling in delight over their new prize like the hyenas they are.

X himself decided it’s time to go home with his 20 million dollars in hand, but when he pressed the belt for teleportation, nothing happened.

“Damn, the xenothium must be out,” he curses to himself. Hiding in a dark alley, he quietly and quickly removed his mask and suit, and changes into street clothes. As he came out of the darkness, he’s shown to have a fair complexion, an average looking face, pure straight white hair that covers his blood-red eyes. His build is rather lean and muscular enough for the acrobatic moves he pulls when stealing. His street clothes are a red shirt, black baggy cargo pants, and a black cap to cover his eyes even more.

“There we go,” he says, without the suit, he’s no longer Red-X but plain ol’ average Abel Goss. ‘It’s been awhile since I had to change back, but I forgot to bring another xenothium ore, oh well.’

He strolls through the quiet streets, heading home, when he heard something in the distance. ‘Hmm? Must be a cat or something,’ he thought, unfortunately it was careless of him.

Just a few meters behind, something big was coming; the white creature that appeared out of nowhere a few months ago, no one knows what it is or where it came from, only that it has not been captured yet.

It scans through the city, looking for something until it laid its eyes on Abel. : Scanning… target found:

The creature starts to go through some sort of metamorphosis, its once closed mouth starts to open and several fangs appear each sharper and bigger than a combat knife. Its already muscular build becomes even more muscular, veins popping and strength increasing by the second.

It let out an ear splitting howl, “EEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”

Abel covered his ears in time before he truly became deaf, “Crap, that wasn’t a cat!” he turns around and the creature swiftly charges at him with a fist ready to kill.

Not reacting fast enough to dodge, Abel made a cross-arm block, but the raging creature launched a strike that sent Abel flying across the street.

Abel groaned in pain as his arms started to feel like dead weights, ‘M-my arms, they feel like they’re broken, what IS that thing? It’s stronger than Cyborg, maybe even Starfire.’

The creature jumps to the air, Abel moves out of the way before it lands on what would have been his body. It then grabs him from behind and throws him to the wall and starts to pummel Abel with a left and right one-two to his chest. Once again taking a hold of the helpless victim and tosses him across the street again.

Abel rolls over in pain, his ribs are broken, and arms are broken. His whole body is in pain, not to mention losing consciousness. Only one thing is going through his mind, ‘I-I’m going to die, in a place like this, with twenty million dollars in my hand!’ he think as he struggles to get up, ‘Shit! Of all the places and time for my suit to lose power, I must be out of luck.’ He falls back down and looks up at his attacker, Its eyes look down at him, and raises its fists to deliver the finishing blow.

As Abel loses consciousness, a starbolt hit the creature before it finishes its job. All of the Teen Titans arrive in time before a life was taken.

Beast Boy turns into a triceratops and charges at the creature; Raven uses her powers to keep the thing still for Beast Boy to get a good aim. The creature gets sent flying; Robin and Cyborg follow it up with their trademark Sonic Boom.

The Boy Wonder throws an Explosion Disc while Cyborg launches a Sonic Blast at the same time. The resulting impact causes the creature to retreat under the nearby sewer.

The Titans let it escape to tend to the wounded “civilian.” Raven checked for a pulse, “He’s fine, a few broken bones and ribs, but he’ll live with treatment.”

“We should send him to the hospital,” suggests Cyborg.

“No, we take him to our tower,” says Robin.”

“What? Why?” asks Beast Boy.

“That creature attacked him for some reason.”

“So?”

“Through the months we’ve been tailing it, it never attacked a civilian. It just caused destruction, but never aimed to kill.”

“So you’re saying this guy might know something.”

Robin nods, and so they bring the wounded person to the tower, not knowing that the one their helping is one of their greatest enemies, Red-X.