Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The End ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Whoo-hoo! Chapter 4! I'm so proud of myself. I've been having issues typing today. Mostly spelling mother.
I know it kinda sucks, but it's not like they're making a movie out of this.
 
Chapter 4
 
Raven awoke to the worried faces of her friends. As her eyes fluttered open and close to comprehend what she was seeing, their faces broke into smiles.
“What happened?” she grumbled, sitting up.
“We were hoping you could tell us that.” Robin's voice penetrated the unearthly silence.
“I don't remember much. Just… Where's my mother?”
They sensed her unfinished thought but ignored it.
“She woke up and left. She said she needed to make sure of something.” Cyborg's voice now.
“I really need to-”
“You're not going anywhere.” Robin's voice again. Half-joking with some seriousness in the tone.
“We know you need rest, Raven,” Starfire's voice. Did it have to be this loud? “But we must question you… on certain issues.”
Raven nodded. She slowly moved from the heard table she had been sitting on and stumbled after them. Beast Boy saw her uneasiness and offered support.
“It's okay,” she assured him, “I'm just tired.”
He nodded, but kept only a step behind in case she needed help. They gathered around the couch and she awaited their questions.
“What happened?” Starfire started. “You told us you could not be here yet you are here. I do not understand.”
“I shouldn't be here,” she breathed. “But my father… he was there. He was attacking my home. He was attacking me. I could've just shielded us, but I panicked. I just sent myself here.”
They nodded. “Why is your father after you?” Cyborg spoke up next. “I mean, I know he needs you and all, but why now?”
“What he needs is my ability to travel between dimensions. Without me, he can't conquer earth. I'm basically his ticket to ultimate control. Why now? He's been trying since I left. Guess he just got stronger.”
Robin opened his mouth to speak, but when he placed his hand on her shoulder, his talking was muted. A wave of pain rushed through her and she grabbed her side and doubled over. She heard frightened gasps from her teammates. A rushing noise came to ears and her vision blurred. She felt hands on her arms.
“We need to get her medical attention,” she heard through the noise.
“No,” she managed to pant. The fuzzy dots she believed to be her friends stopped moving. “Just put me… in my room.” Then she passed out.
 
“We can't just put her in her room!” Beast Boy yelled. “What if she's-”
“She knows what she's doing,” Cyborg screamed back.
“I must agree with Beast Boy,” Starfire said. “She must be terribly-”
“No,” Robin said. “Raven knows how to fix this. She said to put her in there for a reason. We'll have someone watch her to make sure she's okay.”
“I'll do it,” Beast Boy offered reluctantly. He'd been hoping for some alone time with her, but not after what seemed to be a seizure.
So they sent her to her room and that's where she woke up.
“Beast Boy?” she moaned as her vision refocused. “Why are you in my room?”
He grinned slightly. “Just making sure you're okay.”
“Why do I feel like hell?”
“Well, I haven't told any jokes in a while, so I know that's not it.”
Her hand flew up to her mouth and he realized she was hiding a smile. He pulled her hand down and admired how pretty it was framed against her face. In a flash it was gone. His own smile widened.
“What?” she asked with a worried frown.
“It's nothing.” He realized he was still holding her hand and quickly let go. “Um, when you… stopped by… You were getting something?” She nodded and looked at him. He thought he saw concern flash through her features, but ignored it. “I kinda… kept it…” He pulled out the book he had been so interested in for the last couple days.
“Did you read it?” she asked. Did she sound shocked?
“A little bit, yeah.”
“I need you to leave.”
He nodded and went to tell the others she was awake and seemingly fine. Raven watched his retreating back until the doors slid shut behind him and stared at the book. A few pages were bent and smudges came from when he was reading it. She flipped through it to see what pages he had read. The last one that showed sign of usage was the one where she confessed her feelings about him. A small smile spread across her face as he wondered the confusion this had instilled in his brain.
 
She came down soon afterward. Starfire grabbed her and held her in a tight squeeze.
“You are better friend!” she cried.
“Unless I get some air, that's not gonna last long.”
She smiled brighter and pulled away.
“Are you sure you're okay?” Robin asked.
Raven nodded. “I know I should go back, but I really, really, don't want to.”
They nodded and returned to their activities. She grabbed some tea and leaned against the counter. She knew she had to go back. It had already started. His hold on her was tightening. She'd already noticed the changes. Luckily her friends hadn't. And as she felt the evil creep through her, she knew she couldn't stay much longer.
 
 
I know that chapter was short. Oh well. I am most definitely a bbxrae fan and I'd like to see some robxstar. I kinda wish they had killed off Tara (Terra. Her real name's Tara Markov) like they did in the comic, but hey, that wouldn't stand for a G rating.