Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Force of Hatred ❯ Threat and Threatening ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SIX
Terra was captured almost immediately as she hadn't gone far. She tried to protest that she didn't do it but the evidence against her was outstandingly suspicious. Her fingerprints were on the sword, she was actually seen on camera committing the murder, and all the eye-witnesses who saw her leave the building and would have vouched for her were slaughtered in the street.
To make matters worse, her locker was searched at school, and they found something else there… a switch blade covered in blood from the victims killed in the streets.
Terra was taken into custody. She was so frightened and confused, but all she knew was she didn't do it, but how was all this happening.
The titans couldn't believe any of this. “I can… sort of.” Raven said. The others ignored her, but it still didn't add up. “Why would Terra suddenly want to slaughter all those people?” Robin wondered aloud.
The other titans, especially Beast Boy didn't think it right. “Terra would never do anything like that.” Beast Boy said.
“But… she did a long time ago.” Raven said “Maybe she's just decided to go back to crime again.”
“THAT'S A LIE!” Beast Boy snarled. The others gazed at him. They all understood how he felt, but nevertheless, Robin approached him, and just like before he said “I'm going to ask you to keep your voice down!”
Beast Boy growled at him and looked ready to sock him. “Don't do it man!” Cyborg warned him. Beast Boy calmed down and felt his head aching again. The others ignored him, and got back to work on the case…
However, Beast Boy was well aware of why Terra was accused… but this made his head, and the rest of his body now, start to ache and throb as if something, or someone was trying to burst through him. “You're trying to get out… aren't you?” he thought angrily yet silently, and the evil voice in his head answered “The time is drawing near, and you are powerless to stop me.”
The titans simply ignored Beast Boy's struggling, and concentrated on the footage they had recorded from watching the news, and saw Terra slaughter the doctor with the sword and then just leapt out the window like that and the realized many inaccuracies…
One: If the report said that Terra just left in the mood she was in, why would she go back?
Two: No one saw here anywhere at any time during the other murders, and she was even present on or near the scene.
Finally: She leapt in through, and back out through the window… which had to be at least five stories high, without a rock floating underneath her, and certainly many other eye-witnesses who weren't murdered would had seen it.
“She has been framed!” cried Starfire.
“We gotta do somethin'…” Cyborg said, but they all realized that if they tried to testify and vouch for Terra, that would probably mean spilling Terra's past-life and history with the Titans, Slade, and that she was a former villainess… for the town council and possibly news viewers to hear. That would screw up Terra's chance of living a normal life and probably make things way worse for her.
Still, with all the charges… Terra was most likely to receive a death sentence. This all made Beast Boy both worry, and feel delighted at the same time.
Late that night…
Terra was freezing in her cell, and very frightened. No one believed she didn't do it, but how could she possibly prove it? What really hurt her was the fact that she would probably never get a chance to talk with Beast Boy now…!
Even with all that was happening, he was still on her mind and all that they had been through. She gazed down at her hands and clenched them tight, causing the bricks on the wall to give a small shake. Thank goodness she was all alone for no one to see, and while it was tempting to use her powers to break down the wall and escape, she decided against it.
She looked out the window and up at the stars. She almost felt as if somewhere up there a miracle was being made to help end this horrible nightmare. She even saw a star that was moving, and made a small wish…
“Please…! Help me!” she wished deeply “Help everyone… and most importantly… please… help Beast Boy!”
She didn't know if her wish would be answered or not. After all… who or what could help things at a time like this?
Also… she did not wish on a star…!
The minute her head was turned, the object zoomed across the sky, and was gone.
Outside, as the Chairman of the council was walking to his car and preparing to leave for home, he was ambushed by someone in the parking lot who threatened him Beast Boy!
“What do you want from me?” the man whimpered. Beast Boy sniggered “You're going to do a little something for me…and if you don't…” he pressed the tip of something sharp against his chest “Anything…!” cried the man “I'll do anything…!”
Beast Boy sniggered again and gave the man his instructions.
Terra's trial was moved to the following night and the Teen Titans were forced to be present for some unexplained reason, and all were to be questioned with the exception of Beast Boy… who seemed to be always clutching his head and moaning softly. The Titans wondered if he was okay and if he should even be there. “I'm all right.” he said.
“Are you sure…?” Raven asked she felt his forehead, and that's when a strange feeling came over here, the feeling of something dark and unusual, but Beast Boy winced away from her. “I said… I'm all right.” He said sternly as he went to take his seat away from the others.
“What's with him?” asked Cyborg, none of the others seemed to know or wanted to bother with that right now. Robin was trying to figure why Terra's trial was moved so suddenly and why all the Titans were being forced to be present, but most importantly… why was Beats Boy the only one excluded from the questioning as was told earlier?
Terra was escorted in by the bailiff to her seat, and she saw the titans. “Oh no…!” she thought “What are they doing here?”
The other titans felt it strange to actually be seeing her in person again after such a long time, but all of them felt very bad figuring what was about happen.
The trial began. Thank goodness no one else was there. The exhibits were brought in-- the sword… the switch-blade. Questions were called by the chairman and his council.
Robin noticed the chairman seemed to be behaving rather nervously the way he was just rushing things, and when he called each of the other titans up to the stand the council asked them personal questions relating to Terra… and her past… information that only they, the titans, knew of. However, the titans… and Terra were forced to tell the truth… the whole truth… and nothing but the truth… and Terra's history was revealed! Everything from when the day she met the titans, to when she told Beast Boy “Things Change…” at her school.
The council didn't know what to say, or even think. Never had they heard such seriousness before, but Terra knew she was completely busted now. “It's over!” she cried to herself.
The chairman then remembered what was instructed, and despite everything he had heard, even the protests which disproved any or all suggestions to Terra being guilty or not. “I have no other option, but to find you… Terra Markov… guilty…!”
There were a lot of gasping exclaims in the room, and Beast Boy, although deep down he felt overjoyed as the chairman was ready to bang his gavel to make the sentence official, when Terra felt so nervous that she shut her eyes very tight and erupted the marble floor near the exhibit table, scaring everyone and knocking Beast Boy out from his seat and something fell right beside him…
“Beast Boy…!” shouted Robin, but then everyone gasped at what had fallen beside him. “That… that sword…!” It looked exactly like the one that was on the exhibit table, only it looked more ancient, than the other. Cyborg walked over to examine the sword that was knocked off the table and caught a familiar scent. “It smells like… tofu!”
Beats Boy felt every eye in the room staring at him now. He gripped his sword and growled angrily yet nervously. “Beast Boy…?” Terra cried holding a hand to her heart.
“Friend…?” cried Starfire “You are the culprit…?”
The chairman was so nervous that he finally came clean. “It is him!” he said, and explained how Beast Boy came out from nowhere the other night and threatened him to move the trial and find Terra guilty no matter what the outcome.
Beat Boy growled at him furiously, but decided “Hmm! Oh, well… it was fun while it lasted.” He said sinisterly, and then admitted everything. He was responsible for the murders, and framing Terra was well worth it to watch her suffer.
He was at her school and after he placed the switch-blade knife in her locker, he found one of her books in the girls locker room and used it to copy Terra's fingerprints and forge them onto the fake sword he had made and coated it in the blood of the people he killed, and then manipulated the footage so it looked as if Terra was the one who did it.
These words pierced right into Terra's heart and brought tears of anger and sadness. “Beast Boy…!” she said “Why…? How could you do all this?”
“We'd all like to know…!” Robin said deeply while glaring at him.
Beast Boy laughed wickedly. “Because…” he then snapped harshly “You deserve it! All of you!” but then suddenly he held his head and struggled “No, they don't deserve it! None of them did!” he yelled, much to the confusion of everyone as Beast Boy argued with himself.
“Leave them alone…! You hear me!” He then screamed and dropped to his knees holding his head, howling in extreme pain. “Beast Boy…!” shouted Robin “What's going on?”
“There's… something… inside me…!” Beast Boy shouted “I can't… fight it… off… any--AAAAHH…!” His screaming seemed to echo as his body was bathed in angry flares of red light and then, right before everyone's eyes… the light faded and Beast Boy looked completely different…!
His hair had grown longer and was sticking out in all directions. His muscles were larger now and his clothing was different. Now he wore black pants, silver boots, a red armored vest, a dark cape, black gloves, long earrings, and the ancient marking of was glowing on his forehead.
His voiced sounded odd now, too. He sounded like a cross between Beast Boy's normal voice, and a much deeper, wickeder version. He snickered evilly as he got to his feet “Finally! I am free!”
Everyone stared at him and began to inch away. “Who are you?” snapped Robin.
“More like, what are you?” added Cyborg.
The stranger sniggered. “You don't know, do you? I'm the real Beast Boy. The true force deep down inside of him that feeds off the hatred.”
Everyone refused to believe that, but Beast Boy assured them it was true. “Everyone has a force of darkness and extreme hate deep inside of them. Those thoughts in which make you wish to resort to the violence… the extreme… the full power of your fury as it builds up inside of you, but there also exists the equalized force of pureness. That little voice of what you call… common sense… which always forces you out of it.”
He went on to explain that Beast Boy's hate had been building up inside of him for years and years of abuse and misery that was brought upon him long before he had even met the titans, yet he always managed to stay strong enough to force the hatred back into the shadows from whence it came… however, no human being can do that forever… especially not after what happened back at the museum.
Beast Boy was admiring the display of Terra's pedestal, while the sword of hatred rested in its stone next to it. Two youngsters were chasing after a ball that had rolled away from them. Not watching where they were going, they ran right into Beast Boy and he fell backwards, into the display causing the alarms to sound. In his haste to get up quickly he grabbed the sword attempting to pull himself up, but the moment he laid his hand on it… the sword could sense the hate from deep within him and slid from its resting.
It was at this precise moment that the very essence of all the hatred that had been concealed within since the great wars millennia ago began to infuse inside of Beast Boy, slowly taking over him each and every passing second.
This was very shocking to hear. This meant that the stories of the sword were true. “You mean… you're…!” Robin said.
Beast Boy laughed and admitted it so. “I am the Force of Hatred… the true enemy of all that is kind and decent. I exist for one purpose and one only… and that is to see all the kindness, all the love vanquished form this world so that only the hate, the darkness, and the nightmares remain. All that I lacked was a body of my own. So I've taken over your friend's body, and whatever is left of his purity has taken my place… in the shadows!”
That's when an image of the real Beast Boy appeared. He looked all bound up by chains and manacles and was unconscious. “Beast Boy…!” Terra called “Beast Boy… wake up!”
The evil Beast Boy just laughed. “He can't hear you, my dear. His soul has been sealed in a nightmare created by the very hatred that plagued him over the years, and every second he remains this way… he is losing more and more of himself to the hatred, and soon he will fade it compete and total nothingness while I shall be free to rage on and annihilate the life forms I loathe and despise!”
The real Beast Boy soon faded away. “From this moment forth… the world as you know it shall now cease to exist! WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE…!” he laughed loudly as thunder-shook the skies outside as a storm broke out, and then he vanished.
“He's gone…!” cried Cyborg
Terra looked towards the door and saw him running for it, and run straight through the walls. “No… there he is!” she cried.
The other turned, but they couldn't see him anywhere. The door didn't even open, but now they realized that he obviously had the power to make himself completely invisible, making it impossible to determine where he was.
Now he was loose in the city! This was not a good thing!