Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Force of Hatred ❯ Forgiveness ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER ELEVEN
The titans awoke to find themselves in the park. They all shook themselves awake to find everything was normal again. The city was all fixed up, and all the people were alive and well, they didn't even remember anything that had happened at all, even Robin was alive, and you can bet, Starfire rushed to him and hugged him tight and planted kisses all over his face. “Whoa…! Thanks… Star…” he said feeling embarrassed. “What happened…?”
“It's a long story man…” Cyborg said.
“Wait…!” cried Terra “Where's Beast Boy…?”
That's when the sword, still in the ground, glowed brightly and Beast Boy appeared lying on the ground. The real Beast Boy. Terra ran over and helped him up, he was tired but he would survive, and didn't seem to have any wounds.
“But where is the evil one…?” asked Starfire. Beast Boy remembered overpowering the hate, and taking over his body again. “He's inside me. I can feel him.”
Then… the sword of hatred disintegrated into dust. “Is it over…?” Raven asked.
“We are victorious?” added Starfire.
Copy-Cat shook his head. “Love and hatred…” he explained. “They are two halves of one whole. One cannot exist without the other, and they are constantly struggling to overpower one another.”
What he was saying was the hate could not be destroyed and would always exist, and there were many ways it could return, “But as long as you are strong minded, and brave hearted, the hatred will never overpower you.”
Everyone though those were powerful words, but Beast Boy didn't feel very thrilled. He was very upset of all the things he had done, both before and after the evil had appeared, but much to his surprise… the others let him off easy. “But… why?” Beast Boy acted “I almost killed everyone. I even destroyed the city.”
Raven would have smacked Beast Boy but just told him to look at the city and asked “Does that look destroyed to you? Does anyone look dead out there?”
“No.”
The others agreed Beast Boy did do a lot of horrible things, much more horrid than anyone, but part of it was understandable. “We… read your diary again.” Cyborg admitted.
“You did…?” asked Beast Boy “So you know…?” the others nodded, and admitted that their actions were just as wrong… especially reading his diary in the first place. “But still…” Beast Boy said still feeling bad for what he did. “Beast Boy…?” Terra said. He looked into her eyes, “Terra…?”
“Beast Boy, you don't have to be lost in hate… not anymore.” She said “I tried to run away from my past, but you were right… I didn't belong in that kind of life I tried to make; just as I know you don't belong in a world of hate and misery.”
Beast Boy had longed to hear her say those words, and the other titans gazed at him each nodded their heads… meaning they were sorry for all the things they had done, just as he felt bad for the evil thing she had done while under the spell.
“Beast Boy, if there's anything we can all do…” Robin said.
Beast Boy smiled and stood up. “How about we just never mention this again?”
Terra hugged him warmly, and everyone else smiled.
As thanks for all his help, Robin gave Copy-Cat a titan-communicator. Copy-Cat thanked him and admitted he thought he would stick around a while longer as he was inquest of new worlds, and possibly a new place to live. “Whenever you need me I shall not be far.”
“Is that promise…?” Raven asked.
Copy-Cat gazed at her and smiled and nodded before heading off to explore the planet. “Some guy, huh? Cyborg asked, the other all agreed. “I wish he would have stayed with us.” Starfire said “Maybe he will one day…” Robin said “Hey…! Where's Beast Boy and Terra?”
“We're they just here…?” asked Cyborg.
Beast Boy and Terra were in Terra's room, which hadn't been demolished or taken apart, much to their delight. Terra was already accepted back to the team by Robin and a unanimous vote from the titans… even Raven.
He was helping her take all the cloths of the furniture and helping he run load whatever little gear she had… even her school uniform which was no hanging in the closet. Just looking at it brought her a little shame and reminded her of… what happened before…
She felt Beast Boy's hand touch her shoulder. She gazed at him, and they both gently closed the closet together. It wouldn't be easy getting over what happened back at the school, but they knew it was part of what helped them get back together. “Wanna go out…?” she asked.
Beast Boy felt his heart racing, and they left, leaving the titans a note “Gone out with Terra. Be back later-- Beast Boy.” Robin read. Starfire and Cyborg thought it was romantic, and Raven felt a little disgusted. “Hasn't even been a day yet.”
Terra took Beast Boy to all the places she knew of when she was at school. A new skate-park, the new video arcade, and one of Beast Boy's personal favorites was the coffee shop where Pam now worked, and she made them their favorites, just for them “Apple pie A `la `mode!” Beast Boy said while drooling. Terra giggled.
Things were really starting to turn round for Beast Boy. He reconciled with his friends. Had finally found new places to hang that hadn't been affected by the changes, and best of all… he had his girl back. Of course there were some things that hadn't changed, like Jackie and Jillian, with Alex and Manny who saw them passing by and burst into the café. “Hey!” Jackie sneered.
“Oh no…!” Terra moaned.
Beast Boy rolled his eyes.
The mean ones questioned Terra for wanting to hang with Beast Boy “You left school because of THIS…?!” snapped Alex.
“Hey!” Beast Boy snapped “I got a name, you know.”
Terra held out her hand and decided to handle this herself and explained she was never coming back to school. “This is the real me! This is what I want to do. It's my choice.”
“Terra…!” snapped Manny.
“Dude…!” Beast Boy snapped “She's made her choice… and I'll only tell you guys this once. Leave… us… alone!”
Jillian approaching him threateningly “Gonna make us, Barf Boy?”
Beast Boy gritted his teeth, but Terra told him to calm down, and they both decided to leave. “Hey…!” snapped Manny “We're not being done with you yet!” and all four of them followed the couple outside, but Terra lost her patience with their nagging and mocking, and when no one was looking, she lifted them all up on a rock and sent them into a nearby dumpster.
Beast Boy smiled and commended her “Cool shot!” Terra smiled at him and they walked past the dumpster on their way. “And… it's BEAST BOY!” he called out to the creeps one last time. Jackie and Jillian felt so grossed out they began to whine and cry in disgusted while the boys wiped the garbage from their heads.
Beast Boy and Terra had gone to the cliff areas overlooking the city and water. The moon was full and the stars were sparkling like diamonds. “So what really made you change your mind?” he asked her.
“Excuse me…?” she asked.
“Come on… just admit it… it wasn't because of the evil, you just couldn't get enough of the pointy ears… could you?”
Terra giggled and was happy that he was back to his old joking ways, but she explained again that her feelings were true. “I guess… I just couldn't fight it anymore.” she said “And I realize… what I really want is to be a hero… be a Teen Titan… and be with… you again.”
Beast Boy felt touched for the first time in a long time and place his hand over hers. She gazed into his eyes. “Beast Boy…?”
“Terra…” he said, and before anything else happened, they checked around to make sure no one was there… particularly Slade! Then, their lips made contact passionately for the first time and without it being a struggle or an awkward situation. Terra even perked her leg up.
When the broke apart they stood together in a warm embrace she rested her head on his shoulder and they both just gazed out at the stars… until their communicators beeped. “Beast Boy… Terra… there's trouble. We need your help.” Robin said.
They both sighed and rolled their eyes but duty called. “Just… hold that thought and we'll get back to it.” He teased. Terra wined at him and they both flew off together. To start their new lives as heroes and a couple…!
The ending credits began to roll, and the titans all felt amazed that they were part of all that… at least their voices were. Copy Cat and Raven felt a little down about the producers leaving some things out, “Like our relationship…!” Raven said.
“Never mind…” Copy Cat said “It was probably of no consequence.”
Starfire felt proud to have been part of such a thing. “We shall do it again sometime?” she asked. “Maybe…” said Robin “But don't let it go to your head.”
“Yeah, man. Voicin's cool and all, but I prefer the cars and mechanics.” said Cyborg.
Beast Boy was just glad of the money it made everyone especially to help them for when the big day came. He gently stroked his wife's stomach. “You're worrying again…” she teased.
“Yeah… but someone has to.” Her husband joked, and everyone shared a soft laugh.