Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Little Cherub II by Beautifulpurpleflame ❯ Finally, We Agree ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: I do not own the Teen Titans people!
Chapter 11
“Happy birthday dear Alex, happy birthday to you!” all the Titans sang and then clapped. Alex blew the candles out and it only took him two tries. Arielle wasn't sure exactly what was going in, but she was enjoying herself. She was sitting in a high chair next to her brother, the birthday boy.
“Okay, what piece do you want?” asked Beast Boy getting ready to cut the cake.
“That piece, with the T-rex on it,” said Alex. He had grown out of his bug stage and was now into dinosaurs. Raven was a little more comfortable with this phase than with the insects.
“Aw man, I wanted that piece,” Cyborg muttered to himself.
“Well it's my birthday,” said Alex with a large smile. “On your birthday we can have another dinosaur cake.”
“What kind of ice cream do you want?” asked Raven.
“Vanilla,” said Alex, never taking his eyes off of his piece of cake.
“Alright, everyone, grab a piece,” said Beast Boy cutting up the rest of the cake and putting the piece on plates. They each grabbed one and Raven served them ice cream.
“I can't believe you're already four,” said Robin smile.
“I know,” said Raven. “My little boy's growing up.”
“I'm not a little boy, I'm a big boy,” said Alex with a smile.
“Sorry,” said Raven giving him a kiss on the cheek, which he wiped off.
Once they were all served they sat down and began to eat the cake and ice cream. Alex was shoveling it into his mouth as fast as he could. Once again, his favorite part of his birthday was coming up: the presents.
“Hey, slow down before you choke,” said Beast Boy.
“I'm not gonna choke,” said Alex with his mouth as full as it could be.
“Yes you are,” said Beast Boy. “Now don't put another thing in your mouth until you swallow what's already in there. Don't worry; your presents are going anywhere.” Alex sighed and chewed the cake in his mouth until he could swallow.
“Friends, I have glorious news,” said Starfire suddenly.
“Uh, Starfire, I think we should tell them a little later,” said Robin.
“But why? I wish to tell them now,” said Starfire excitedly.
“I think we should wait until Alex's party is over,” said Robin. “It is his special day.”
“But today is a special day for us too!” said Starfire. “May we please tell them?”
“Tell us what?” asked Raven.
“I am going to have a baby!” said Starfire clapping. The others gasped and their jaws dropped. “Are you all not happy?” Slowly they all came to and congratulated Starfire and Robin.
“What happened to the “waiting a year” thing?” asked Cyborg.
“Let's just say our honeymoon had a different idea,” said Robin taking Starfire's hand.
“So I'm guessing you just found out,” said Beast Boy.
“Yes, this morning,” said Starfire. “Robin made me urinate on a couple white sticks and…”
“Okay, Star,” said Robin cutting her off. “They know how it works.”
“Well if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask,” said Raven feeding Arielle a small bite of cake. “After two kids, I've got plenty of experience. Although, I'm going to guess that Tameraneans have a different sort of pregnancy.”
Robin had never really thought about this and he suddenly felt very nervous.
“Can I open my gifts now?” asked Alex pushing his empty plate away. He obviously hadn't really been paying attention to the conversation the adults were having.
“Sure, go sit on the couch,” said Beast Boy.
Alex exploded out of his chair and ran over to the couch. Everyone followed and soon the wrapping paper was flying. All of his gifts were in some way dinosaur related. Again his favorite gift came from Cyborg; an entire set of mechanical dinosaurs that moved and roared.
“And I made sure that the batteries won't die for two years,” said Cyborg proudly.
“This is the best gift ever!” said Alex hopping up and down on the couch.
“I also gotcha this,” said Cyborg throwing him another present.
Alex opened it up and saw that it was a brand new basketball. “Yes!” said Alex even more excited. He hopped up and hugged Cyborg as tightly as he could.
“Now how the heck am I going to beat that?” asked Robin. “Cyborg's not even giving me a chance at being his favorite uncle.”
“Hey, you're gonna be a father soon,” said Cyborg. “Let me have this at least.”
After thanking everyone he ran off to his room to play with all of his new toys. They knew they wouldn't see him for a few hours. Raven put Arielle down for her nap and went back to help clean up the common room. Robin and Starfire had left to run some errands.
“Wow, soon there's gonna be another kid in the tower,” said Cyborg.
“Yeah, maybe Robin shouldn't have made Starfire sell that house she bought,” laughed Beast Boy.
“There's still plenty of room here in the tower,” said Raven.
“Yeah, but for how long?” asked Cyborg. “Who knows how many kids Starfire's gonna want to have.”
“No less than three is my guess,” said Beast Boy.
“Well let's not worry about it until it happens,” said Raven. “You know, with our luck, I'll probably get pregnant again.” She said this a little lowly. The room felt a little awkward for a few moments.
“So, you think we're done having kids?” asked Beast Boy.
“Why? Do you want more?” asked Raven. Cyborg decided to get out of there, so he slyly crept out to the garage.
“I don't know,” said Beast Boy. “But it'd be nice if we kept the option open.”
“Well I'm not about to go out and get my tubes tied,” said Raven. “But I'd like to wait a little while if we are going to have more.”
“So you're not against it?” he asked optimistically.
“Not entirely,” she said plainly. “I mean, so far we seem to be raising Alex and Arielle correctly. So if we're doing something right, we might as well try to bring up as many good kids as possible. It seems like there are more spoiled brats in the world than there are polite children. If anything, we'll be doing something good for the world by having more children. But, like I said, I'd like to wait a little while.”
Beast Boy smiled and continued to clean. “You think we're doing something right?”
“We must be,” said Raven. “Alex is polite, he never throws a tantrum, he shares with Arielle, and he's just as cute as his father.” She said this with a slight smile and looked at him out of the corner of her eye.
“Well, then let's shoot for twins next time,” said Beast Boy laughing.
“Yeah, and you can grow them and push them out of your crotch,” said Raven wiping the table down.
“No thanks,” said Beast Boy chuckling.
“My feelings exactly,” said Raven.
That night Alex was tucked in with his dinosaurs sleeping next to him. He had played all day with them and had wanted to continue on, but his parents insisted that he go to sleep. He had the T-rex tucked under his arm and the others littered about his bed.
Raven was brushing her hair in the mirror. It was pretty long now and she kept it pulled back in an elastic. Beast Boy came up behind her and began to kiss her neck.
“And what is this about?” asked Raven with a smile as she felt his soft, warm kisses on her neck.
“Would you like a back massage?” he asked starting to rub her shoulders.
“Again, what is this about?” she repeated.
“Can't I do something nice for you?” he asked. He pulled her over to the bed and sat her down. He got behind her and began to massage her back and shoulders. She wasn't sure why he was doing this, but she had a faint idea.
“I'm guessing someone's feeling a little frisky?” she said with a smile as her body started feeling more and more relaxed.
“Do you really think that's why I'm doing this?” laughed Beast Boy.
“Yes,” she laughed back.
They stopped talking and Beast Boy continued to massage her. She sighed with pleasure and knew that she really owed him for this. Whatever he had in mind, she wasn't about to object.
The funny thing was that Beast Boy didn't have anything like that in mind at the moment. He could feel the butterflies in his stomach growing more intense and his heart began to race. He smoothed down her back and kissed her neck again. It was now or never.
“Raven?” he asked softly and wrapped his arms around her.
“Yes?” she said with a smile and leaned back against him.
“Will you marry me?” he whispered. He revealed that in his hands there lay a black velvet box. He opened it up and revealed a diamond ring.
To say that Raven was shocked would be an understatement. She turned her head and looked at him, not able to breath. “What?” she asked, not know what else to say.
“Will you marry me?” he repeated and took the ring out of the box.
“Beast Boy…” she started and felt him slip the ring on her finger.
“Before you say anything,” he said soothingly. “I want you to know that I'm asking you because I want to. I love you with all my heart and I can't imagine living the rest of my life without you.”
She just stared at him. “You mean that?” asked Raven, still in shock.
“Yes,” he said kissing her. “So… will you?”
Raven felt like the room was spinning. This was exactly what she wanted and she could have cried. She would have, if not for her powers, which were at full strength since her children weren't near. “Yes,” she said at last. She turned completely around, wrapped her arms around Beast Boy, and began kissing him passionately.
“You will?” he asked through the kiss.
“I will,” she said as happy as she had ever been. Everything in her room was encased in a black aura and was spinning around. But she didn't care, and in all honesty neither did he. He knew this was right, he could feel it. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with this woman. And she wanted to spend the rest of her life with him. Of all the things in the world for them to agree on, they never imagined that this was it.
THE END (TRILOGY?)
PLEASE REVIEW