Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Yet With Passion Replete ❯ Darkest Fears ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: Holy crap it's been quite a while. This time I'm allowed to apologize. It's been over a month. School's started. It's evil.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Weeks, months, really, after the party, Alex found out something about Ian. He had not only gone out with both Mara and Selene, but spent several nights in each of their rooms. And yet nobody but the four of them were the wiser. And, to his disappointment, Alex still hadn't found out anything about the beauty that came to get Ian those nights ago.
 
With a sigh in his heart, Alex flew off of the top of the Tower to survey the city. These days, with a group of over ten superheroes roaming the streets, not much was going on. However, since all the adult adults were out of town on a trip funded by the city, the young adults were left home alone. Not that they minded.
 
Scouring the city below, Alex groaned inwardly. It was his night to patrol, calling back to the Tower only if he needed backup. The backup in question was currently getting drunk off their rockers back at home. He landed on the sidewalk in the inner city and walked along for a while, looking for anything that shouldn't be.
 
Even though he was usually the responsible one of the group, when Alex stumbled upon the nightclub `Darkest Fears,' he was lured in like all the others. Flashing lights, pulsating beats, an exotic look and scents all mingled to entice even the most uptight of nightwalkers to join in and revel.
 
Alex was recognized by the bouncer and was automatically allowed inside the club, as a special superhero treatment kind of deal. Inside, he was instantly barraged by people his age dancing, grinding, drinking, and having a grand old drunken time.
 
Somehow, he managed to find his way to the bar and order a shot for himself. He promised himself he wouldn't get shit-faced. But for one night, he'd let himself go, even slightly.
 
So, after downing a few more shots and telling the barkeep to put it on the Titans' tab, he wandered onto the dance floor and was welcomed by a group of girls who managed to recognize him through the blinding and flashing lights. He danced with them for a few songs before a brown-haired woman he could just barely recognize pulled him away from the group.
 
The woman pulled him off the dance floor and into a small alcove by the stairs leading down to the lower levels of the club. In a drunken reverie, the two made-out until he finally placed her face. When the two broke for air, he spoke.
 
`Hey…wait, you came to…oh, shouldn't have had that last shot…pick up Ian at that one…oh my head…party.'
 
The woman grinned mischievously and planted one final, deep kiss on his lips before getting up. Before leaving, she bent down and whispered into his ear, `Call me Alice.' She took a nip of his ear, then turned and disappeared into the crowd.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
The morning after, Alex woke up around noon with a major hangover. His hand flew to his head when he tried to move. When he finally got his room to stop spinning, he walked out and into the common room slowly. When the doors opened, he saw that he wasn't the only one hung over.
 
All evening everyone avoided loud noises, so when the parents all called in from out-of-town, nobody answered the phone.
 
During the last bit of his hangover, Alex remembered his encounter the night before. He finally had a name.
 
Alice.