Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Fan Fiction ❯ 3 Weeks ❯ 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Right! Here I am with more! I have no idea where I'm going with this, so don't hold your breath, right? Lol.
 
Last chapter: “I gotta get outta here,” he ground out, words resuming the heated anger he was so used to wielding. Without another word, he shot through the entrance and into the sewer tunnels.
 
Disclaimer: OK, you know what, I don't own them, and I'm getting tired of putting one of these in every chapter.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----
 
Mikey watched his brother leave, something rising in his chest and demanding immediate action.
 
“Raph, wait!” Leo shouted after him. The blue-clad ninja started forward again, not wanting his brother out alone in such a distressed state, feeling sick to his stomach for saying what he had in the first place, realizing he hadn't been able to apologize, only to find himself face-to-face with a now thoroughly pissed-off Michelangelo. He only had a moment to take in the out-of-place dark expression his youngest brother wore before a forest-green fist slammed into his cheek.
 
Leo heard Donatello and Splinter's exclamations through ringing ears from his new place on the floor. He spat out a small amount of blood and looked up at a teary-eyed, glowering Mikey.
 
“What the shell is your problem, Leo? Why would you ever even think about saying that? After all the times he's come through for our sorry asses in a fight, even when it got him hurt, even if he had to get in the Shredder's face, why the hell would you say something like that?” He shouted frantically, eyes flickering to the door and back to Leo's face, torn between the need to go after Raph and make sure he didn't do anything stupid and the urge to beat the blue-banded turtle to a pulp in his defense. Anger overruled concern and he chose the latter. Dodging another fist, the oldest brother blinked, unable to comprehend exactly what was going on. Mikey didn't mind, continuing to rant.
 
“He's been trying so hard to be better these past couple weeks! You guys were getting along and he didn't break any of Donnie's stuff and he didn't go topside all the time and he laughed at jokes and didn't lose it or try to beat anyone to a bloody pulp, he was here for the first time in forever, he was here and you just ignored it, just got on him for every little stupid mistake! You made him think we hate him! You made him think we think he hates us! And now he's gone again and what if-what if he doesn't-?”
 
His voice cracked as Donnie caught him around the waist, dragging him backwards. The purple-clad genius struggled to keep a hold on his suddenly violent brother, sympathy on his face. He, too, had noticed the change in Raphael's behavior recently, had seen how much Michelangelo enjoyed spending time with the big brother who had, for a while, been just as distant as Leo had while in Central America. The youngest looked up to the hothead and had never been ashamed to admit it.
 
 
And while everyone had known Leo and Raph would go at it again from time to time, things really had been better. But this argument had gone too far, and the nunchuck wielder was terrified that it had cost him his recently regained best friend. Seeing one of your heroes brought down so quickly and at the same time seeing your brother hurt, the logic-prone turtle mused, could certainly have a way of sending one over the edge. Splinter chose this moment to restore order. His cane came down on the ground with a sharp crack.
 
“Michelangelo! That is enough! You have no excuse to treat your brother with such disrespect, regardless of his mistakes! I will not tolerate the injuring of one of my sons!”
 
Mikey's shoulders sagged and he stopped struggling as his actions caught up with him. Defeat and guilt were etched into his features, so unlike him it was disturbing. His eyes watered as he looked at Leo again, silently asking for forgiveness. Leo stood and put a hand on his shoulder, squeezing reassuringly.
 
“It's OK to be angry with me,” he said softly. “I understand. You just wanted to protect him like he would you.” Mikey nodded fervently, grateful for Leo's strange insight into his brothers' thoughts. “I deserved a good punch for saying something so stupid in the first place.” With that, he knelt before his father, lowering his head to the floor in apology. “Forgive me, sensei. I lost control and acted dishonorably.”
 
“This is true, Leonardo. You called into question Raphael's love and loyalty towards his family, which has never wavered. I am very disappointed in your poor choice this evening. However...If you have learned your lesson, I will not assign you a punishment in this instance.”
 
“Should-should we go after him? I mean, he was looking really-” Mikey began, cutting the sentence off sharply. Splinter stroked his whiskers as he considered the circumstances.
 
“I do not believe,” he said softly, “that it would be wise to pursue Raphael at the moment. He is...considerably distressed, and may have trouble controlling his reactions. Leonardo: you will contact Mr. Jones to see if he has heard from your brother, while you, Michelangelo, will attempt to contact your brother via his shell cell. See if you cannot convince him to return home.” The two nodded and moved away immediately.
 
Leo returned from the kitchen phone first. “Casey hasn't heard from him tonight, and neither has April. If he talks to one of them, they'll let us know.” Michelangelo strode back into the room, looking a little frustrated.
 
“I got ahold of him,” he stated bluntly. “I, uh, tried to talk him into coming back to the lair now, but it was a no-go. He said he wasn't gonna do anythin' stupid, but it didn't sound so definite to me. Couldn't get a location out of him either. When I tried he just said `sorry, I gotta go' and hung up on me.” The turtle's face fell sadly. A pang of guilt crossed Leo's face.
 
“Well, he'll probably be back before morning,” Donnie offered, trying to put them at ease. “I mean, Raph always comes back before training unless he crashes at Casey's place, and Casey will call if that happens. We just...need to be patient. He knows you didn't mean it, Leo, he always says things he doesn't mean-”
 
“But he never said he hated me,” the blue-banded turtle pointed out, brooding a little. Donnie sighed.
 
“Still, you know he knows you didn't mean it. He'll come around.”
 
“You would do wisely to listen to Donatello, my son. Raphael understands many things better than you know.” Splinter agreed with a proud glance at the genius. “I will retire to my chambers for the night. If you have need of anything, do not hesitate to approach.” And with that, the three brothers were left alone. Leo heaved a sigh, sinking onto the couch, followed closely by Mikey, who was still in full-on concerned mode. Donnie glanced at the two of them and huffed exasperatedly.
 
“Well, I'm going to bed. If he's hurt when he gets here, wake me up.” They heard the soft click of his bedroom door and settled themselves to watching the lair entrance.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -
 
I know, I know, it's a bit rush-y, but I wasn't exactly sure where to go with it. Randomness strikes again...I really gotta get this sorted out lol.