Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Fan Fiction ❯ Surge ❯ The Before ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Author note:
  1. Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN THE TMNT. They belong to Nickelodeon/ K. Eastman, P. Laird

  2. Casey is more like his 2003 version, and is older than the turtles.

  3. Though the turtles look like 2012, Raphael will act more like his 2003 counterpart.

  4. April will also be the same age as the turtles, and will look like a cross between her 2003 and 2012 versions, she will act more like 2003 as well.

  5. Donnie will probably act more like 2007 movie/2003 show, but might act a little 2012 around April.(see note #6)

  6. If the characters seem OOC, please try to remember that this is an AU.

  7. Apriltello is my OTP. There will most likely be some, if not a lot.

  8. This is VERY LOOSELY based on both the MA AU, and every alien invasion movie/show/book i have ever read/watched.

  9. Thank my editor, muse, best friend, and fellow TMNT fan, Ella for the help I needed with this.

  10. AGE DIFFERENCES!! Casey is about 19/20, Leo is 18, Raph is 14, April is 16, Donnie’s 15, Mikey is 13.




Terms used:

Warrist: A survivor that believes in staying alone, and trusts no-one.

        Wisher: An optimistic survivor that believes that others may be out there.

                       Surge: The alien invasion.

 

Razors: Fanged, clawed monsters that eat any living being.

 

Before:        Before the apocalypse.

 

NoBloods:    Another name for Razors.

 

Light/Darkblood: other words for Humans/Mutants

 

PART ONE: Alone Together Section one: Raph’s story

Chapter one: The Before

Mutants. They called us monsters, freaks. Ever since the Surge, we’re probably the most normal thing you’d see.

My brother, Leo, and I have been in this world for as long as I can remember. He says, there was a time before this, where everything was normal. Good. The monsters that plague this world were nothing but unaccredited myths. Of course nothing like these creatures were ever described in legends.

Leo once told me that in the Before, they would be considered something between zombies- mindless, undead beings, he said- and vampires- blood-sucking superhumans. Whatever they would be described as in the Before, we simply call them Razors, a fitting name, for their fangs and claws seem to be able to rip through anything.

When I first called them that, he had told me it was a name Mikey would be proud of. Another thing, Leo wasn’t my only brother. According to him, which to me is better than a fact, after all, facts have failed me, family has not, I have Had, two more siblings.

Donnie and Mikey.

Of course, Leo was only eleven when the Surge hit, and he remembers the Before, and I, of course, was only six, so he told me never to forget their names. And so I don’t. I wrote them on every wall inside my mind. Held onto the hope that they may have survived. And whatever I do, I don’t stop fighting, don’t stop running, and Never, above all things never, hesitate.

Why?

That’s another thing, Razors can smell fear.