Tekken Fan Fiction ❯ Half Pure Half Evil ❯ Goodbye To You ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Half Pure. Half Evil.

Chapter Five: Goodbye To You

By: Michelle

"Sir, where would you like these?" the butler asked his master, holding up two rather large suitcases, one on each arm.

"Leave it over there with the rest, I'm not leaving just yet," Jin nearly snapped at the short man.

The butler gave a deep bow and departed quickly before he created anymore faux pas that would anger his master even further. Sir Kazama seemed to be in a bitter mood all morning and he wasn't sure why. They were finally departing for Japan after three stressful days in a foreign country, and with the proposal done and settled, shouldn't he be relaxed and pleased at returning home?

But returning home was what had angered Jin. Of course staying here had placed him in more stressful circumstances than he had ever imagined not only with the partnership proposition with the Ling's industry, but with his lovely daughter…Xiaoyu. She didn't come to dinner last night as he had hoped and he had spent the entire morning searching and asking all the employees of her whereabouts, but they all remained loyal to their mistress and refused to give him an answer. He was leaving in less than three hours and he wanted desperately to see her.

Jin rubbed his temples, he had to find her and apologize for his horrendous behavior yesterday and the day before. He had planned on having a private chat with her after dinner, but she never showed and he knew her absence was because of him. He felt outright terrible throughout dinner and barely paid any attention to Ling's ramblings.

After dinner, however, he didn't go straight to bed but spent most of his night wondering about the manor, hoping to run into her. Like the previous nights, he had gotten no sleep. He wanted to make amends with her. But most of all, he wanted to tell her the truth, for he will never see her again after today.

~*~

Xiaoyu stood merely an inch away from the window pane staring out at the world below her. It was a gloomy afternoon. Gloomy like her foul temper. Xiao's eyelids felt heavy and she wavered left and right on her feet; she leaned against the window for support. Her body screamed from lack of sleep and her stomach grumbled in need of food. She had deliberately refused for her maid's pleadings to attend dinner last night and retreated up to her mother's solar room, where she had stayed ever since the night before till now. She knew he would be there and she felt too angry, too humiliated to be in his calm, composed presence. Moreover, he had probably appreciated her not being at the dinner table anyway, she thought bitterly. Though she didn't mean this entirely, but she never wanted to see him again.

But somehow, her body felt differently from her mind. Constantly, she had to fight the urge to run down the stairs just to see what he doing, as if her body craved to be in his arms. She caught herself continuously staring out the window, hoping to catch a glimpse of him and her mind wondered endlessly about his whereabouts and what he was up to. Xiaoyu scolded herself relentlessly for that, and stubbornly made herself to stay put.

The door quietly opened and Xiao jumped in happiness, hoping that it was Emma bringing up food. But the little maid stepped in without a tray and her face had a solemn expression.

"Your father has requested that you come down to bid our guest goodbye, my lady," Emma said with her head slightly bowed.

For a moment, Xiao's heart nearly stopped beating and she held her breath until it slowly regained its normal rhythmic beating. He was leaving? So soon? Quickly, she shook the distressing thoughts from her head. Of course he was. His three days of business here are up.

"Tell father I am ill," Xiao turned her attention back out the window. Below she could see a long black limo parked out in front, butlers bringing out large black suitcases. She felt so empty.

"My lady, the master insists that you come down and eat as well."

"I will eat up here."

"Your father was deeply disappointed at your absence at dinner last night. You are trying his patience if you don't do what he bids," Emma advised.

Xiao sighed. Her father did have a nasty temper and she didn't feel like putting up with it. "Very well."

~*~

Xiaoyu requested to have her brunch outside in the balcony. Even in the gloomy weather, she was in a peaceful state. After her meal was finished and have been put away by Emma, Xiao lingered a bit outside the balcony. The cool air felt wonderful against her skin, her hair ruffling in the light breeze and her eyes scanned the beautiful gardens below. A raindrop splotched on her small nose, interrupting her peace and she looked up. Dark clouds were already rolling in fast and thunder boomed. Sighing, Xiao made her way back inside.

Poking her head in, she did a quick scan of the living room before stepping in. Her father was no where in sight and she was relieved. The stairs were clear and she hastily made her way toward it…but the sound of a low voice halted her.

"This is goodbye."

Closing her eyes, she made a silent prayer asking for strength and slowly…she turned and faced him. She felt herself sigh in awe at the sight of him. Why did he have to look so utterly splendid?

Jin stood in the dark corner of the vast living room dressed in a black attire. The darkness of the room mysteriously hid the sad expression he held on his face. His hands opened and at his sides, palm facing her.

Without a thought, she took his invitation, she couldn't resist. Xiaoyu's anger melted away as she half walked, half ran to him, and wrapped her arms around his neck, enveloping herself in the splendor of his very essence. Xiao closed her eyes, loving the feel of his hot breath below her ear, his strong masculine hands at her waist, his body pressed up against hers. Soaking in the feel of his muscular body pressed up against her, the tangy smell of his cologne, and the warm taste of his kiss. She wondered if he was going to kiss her again. She wanted to remember this man forever…because never again will she see him again in her life.

Jin held her tight, not moving one muscle in fear to ruin this perfect moment. This perfect embrace with this adoring angel. The angel he finally found to be his other half.

"Run away with me," Jin whispered unexpectedly against the softness of her neck.

Hastily, Xiao pulled herself out of his embrace and looked at him with an expression mixed with horror and confusion.

Reaching into his coat pocket, he pulled out an envelope that had his name written very neatly in front, in a very familiar handwriting. Her handwriting! He held the note in his hand and looked at her with an assuring smirk, his eyes tinted crimson.

Xiaoyu gasped, her hand raised to her mouth. She took a huge step away from him. Part of her wanted to snatch the note out of his hand, and part of her wanted to flee.

"How did you…" but she couldn't finish. Her knees began to feel diluted and she struggled to regain her balance. She plopped down in the cushioned chair behind her, staring blankly past Jin, her mind racing. She hadn't plan on giving it to him, but he had found it. Somehow he had found her letter and read it. Read her emotions and knowing the truth of her feelings for him. Humiliated beyond belief, Xiao bit down hard on her bottom lip, her eyes beginning to sting with tears. No! This wasn't supposed to happen! This wasn't how she wanted to remember him by!

Calmly, Jin walked over towards Xiao and slowly knelt before her. Even when knelt and with Xiao seated in a chair, they were at eye level. But she didn't move, didn't blink. Instead, however, she stared right past him in utter disbelief. With his hands, he pulled her to him until she sat at the edge of her seat, her knees parted with him in between. Jin's hands rested on her curves of her waist. But she didn't touch him, she didn't want to. Her hands laid neatly clasped in her lap.

"Xiaoyu," he began, his voice thick with emotion, "to answer your question…it's not you, it is me. I couldn't admit to myself that I need you."

Feeling her eyes watering up with heavy tears, Xiaoyu opened her mouth to speak, to explain that the letter was merely written by a naïve girl who was dumb and confused with newfound emotions… but he continued.

"I need you."

At that random statement, Xiao snapped her wide eyes to him. Her mouth opened slightly in confusion, her eyes urging him to continue.

"And I am not afraid," Jin shook her a little, referring to her letter. "And I will tell you what I have kept from you all this time." He swallowed, his throat feeling like cotton. Now came the hard part in telling her the secret he kept so long from her. "My father was an evil man. A man who sold his soul to the devil himself in order to gain power. He turned into a demon then…and he passed his dirty blood onto me. I didn't realize that I had my father's devil gene in me until three years ago when I started to show the markings of the demon on my body. But I'm not like my father, Xiao," he said, taking her hand and held it to his chest, "the demon power doesn't consume me entirely like it did to him. With my mother's purity, I'm able to withstand the devil gene that at times threatens to take over me."

Jin paused, taking a long breath before he continued. "It wasn't until I met you when my other half became uncontrollable. I had to run away from you in order to calm myself down. For the past three days, you plagued me entirely, Xiao. It was unbearable for me to sleep at night without thinking about you. I couldn't concentrate on anything your father proposed and, because of you, I'm sure he got the better end of the deal," he smiled a little. "This feeling is new to me, and I didn't know what to do…until now."

"What are you going to do?" Xiao asked, her voice a trembling whisper.

"Make you mine."

Xiao felt her face begin to flush and she turned away from his hypnotic eyes. The tears she had tried desperately to hold back streamed down her pale cheeks. She hated how he was able to make her all mushy and sappy with simple tender words. He had torn her heart apart and mended it all at the same time.

"Come with me to Japan," he proposed.

His dark eyes searched her face that was semi hidden behind her long dark hair; he tried to read her incomprehensible expression. His heart hammered heavily against his chest at her silence.

"I can't," Xiao finally whispered.

"You can," Jin persisted. "What are you going to do? Stay here and live the rest of your life cooped up in this house? Xiao, you need to be set free. Come with me and I'll show you the world."

Xiaoyu's back went rigid, and he knew he had hit the right spot. Xiao turned and faced him with huge shimmering eyes welled with tears. The thought of seeing the world filled her with anticipation. All her life, she wanted excitement. She wanted an adventure. And looking into Jin's soft eyes, she knew she had finally found it.

"What will I tell my father?"

"Tell him you'll marry me."

WARNING: Half Pure Half Evil's plot, ideas, personalities of Namco's Tekken characters…basically EVERYTHING besides the Tekken characters themselves belong to me, Princess Michelle. Steal any of my works and you'll have my extreme hatred casted upon you.