Tekken Fan Fiction ❯ Jakunen Mirai ❯ Damn Technology To Hell ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kazuya sighed deeply, and stared down at the idiot contraption, waiting for it to do something besides make odd noises he knew it shouldn't be. He'd stood there for almost fifteen minutes now, watching the machine boredly. And to make matters worse, everyone else wanted to use the photocopier too. This Friday was certainly different from last Friday's rather social outcome, to say the least.

He'd had no luck so far today. No luck with anything at all. His alarm clock decided it was time for daylight saving, even though it was July, and he woke up an hour late. Then, his secretary called in sick. Of course, he had to get a surprise email waiting; a few shipments were going to be late because of a tropical storm off the coast. And since his secretary was off work for today, he had to do his own photocopying…not that he minded, but it was frustrating when the photocopier at the mansion, like everything else, wasn't working. Actually, it was just churning out paper with black ink splots all over it. He had to pull out the paper tray to shut it up, then turn off the power at the wall. And now the photocopier in the main building was doing nothing but make strange sounds.

To create just a little more tension, everyone was dead silent, as if they were scared of rustling paper and signing their deaths to their boss. He glanced over his shoulder at the woman standing behind him with files to copy, then looked back at the machine. To hell with it, he might as well break the silence. "I take it my predecessor didn't believe in maintenance, ne?" A few people shook their heads in agreement. It was a few more tense seconds before he actually got a reply. It was the woman who stood behind him.

"In all the years I've worked here, I've never actually seen a new photocopier here."

He looked at her again, and she visibly grew extremely nervous. Gee, it wasn't like he was going to eat her or something. He looked over the back of the photocopier and raised a dark brow. Well, there were certainly plenty of spider webs down there.

"You know, I'd certainly believe that…"

A few people shifted nervously and glanced down at their documents and watches. Yes, time was always of the essence, and right now it wasn't co-operating.

"This is ridiculous. I'm going to call up for a new photocopier, this one is going to die any moment." Just as he was about to walk off to get to a phone, the copier started churning out paper at an incredible rate, and people started panicking, trying to stop the paper from flying out. Eventually, someone just pulled the plug out of the socket, and a few sighs of relief could be heard.

***

Two hours later, the copier disaster had been amended, and, much to Kazuya's surprise, his laptop computer actually turned on without getting the Blue Screen Of Death. The internet connected, too. This looked promising.

He'd logged into his email account, and was looking for anything new. Hopefully not a stock market crash, knowing today. He scrolled down the page, and found something he wished he hadn't.

'live babes on cam…'

He stopped reading the subject heading right then and deleted it. As he looked further down the page, he found more. Great…someone had sold his email address to a porno ring. He knew something had to go wrong with the computer somewhere. He searched out all the undesirable material, and blocked the email services that had sent it. Once it was over and done, there was only one unread email left. He opened it, and began reading.

It was notifying him of another raid on G-Corporation. This time, it was the San Francisco office. As he read further, the email turned out to be an address of concern, since the target of the raid was him. Him? Indeed. It took him a few moments to come to terms with that; who wanted him dead now? He replied to the mail, informing the sender he was just fine, and unaware there was a raid at all, let alone he was the alleged cause of the involvement. He also asked for more information. This was something he couldn't let slide.

In the meantime, he opened his diary beside the computer, and looked for a free day. Next Thursday…brilliant. He noted that Tokyo's G-Corporation office was due for a visit on that day.