Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Love's a Sneaky B@$t@rd (an off-beat love story) ❯ Inevitability Comes a Callin' ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: Murasaki Rose
Email: jianu_dbz@hotmail.com, or murasaki_rose@dbzmail.com
Archive?: Go for it! Just let me know where so I can link to ya!

Title: Love's a Sneaky Bastard
Warnings: language
Rating: PG-13 (may change later on)
Series: DBZ/Tenchi
Couples: V/B, G/R, K/18
Genre: Crossover - Action/Adventure, Romance

A/N: Gomen for taking so long! I kinda got stuck with this chapter.

O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O

Chapter 5 - Inevitability Comes a Callin'


Gohan ran down the stairs yelling excitedly, he'd awoken that morning to a wonderful surprise. "Otousan! Okaasan! Guess what happened!"

"Whoa! Slow down, son!" Goku said to his energetic child, who was now bouncing at his side.

"Gohan, sit down and eat your breakfast."

"Demo, Okaasan-"

"Sit down. You can tell us after breakfast."

"Awww."

Pouting, the young demi-saiya-jin did as he was told. Once his mother had served him, the pre-teen ate nearly as fast as his father. The only thing slowing him down were the table manners his mother insisted he use.

As soon as he'd finished the young senshi began bouncing in his chair, unable to keep still while he waited on his parents. Shaking her head at her son's exuberance, Chichi cleared the table before allowing Gohan to share his news.

"All right, what's got you so excited this morning?"

Ceasing his bouncing just long enough to take a huge breath, the young demi-saiya-jin began speaking a mile a minute. "I woke up an for some reason my pajamas were really uncomfy this morning but I didn't think about it `til I went to put on my pants cause they got stuck an' I wasn't sure why cause I wasn't stepping on them or nothing, so I turned around to check and when I did I saw my tail was back!!!!"(1)

It took a moment for both adults to make sense of what their exuberant offspring had just rattled off. Goku blinked at his son, "Did you say your tail?"

"Hai!" the boy chirruped, turning around to show his parents his reaquired appendage, wagging it happily. "See?"


"That's great Gohan!" Goku cheered, picking up his son and spinning him around while they laughed in delight. "Isn't this wonderful, Chi?" he asked before coming to a stop. Hearing no response, he finished turning to see a horrified-disgusted look on his wife's face as she stared at their son's tail. Goku tensed.

"Get rid of it!" the woman hissed, pointing at the offensive appendage.

Gohan's eyes went round, "`Kaasan?" he asked, his voice trembling in hurt.

"NOW!!!" she screeched, causing both males to wince. "Get rid of that horrid thing immediately!! Y-you're human! Not one of those awful saiya-jin!!"

It was hard enough to hear those words for himself, but seeing his son's face crumple under his mother's disgust was too much. Narrowing his eyes in anger, Goku felt a low growl rumble in his chest and welcomed it.

"Gohan, go to Capsule Corp." Goku's voice was strangely flat as he placed his son back on his feet, not once letting his eyes leave the woman before him.

"Demo, Otou-"

"GO! I'll come get you later."

Reluctantly, the young demi did as he'd been told, leaving his parents to square off. He wasn't sure what was about to happen, but instinctively he knew it was bad. His father hadn't looked that angry since he'd first turned super saiya-jin.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

It was close to midnight when Son Goku touched down at Capsule Corp. His "talk" with Chichi had been short and ugly, the end result being her departure from the lives of him and their son. Goku sighed heavily, there was a part of him that was deeply hurt by her reaction on his son's behalf. The two of them had lived together for so long and had raised an amazing boy. It was hard to watch her callously toss all that aside over something so simple as his alien heritage.

Granted, to most people that was a BIG thing, but to Goku it wasn't. He and his son were the same as they were before. The only real difference was now they had answers to their heritage and biology. Sadly, Chichi didn't see things that way. But somehow overall it didn't feel like that big a deal to him.

And that's what REALLY bothered him.

Surely after eight years of marriage he'd be more broken up than this. Wouldn't he?

So Goku had spent most of the day, long after his shrieking, soon-to-be ex had left with her belongings, mulling things over. His conclusion had been startling to say the least. He didn't love Chichi, he never really had. At least not that way. Having been plopped into marriage with a person he barely knew, all due to his honor, Goku hadn't any experience with love or even lust. Chichi had been the one to tell him that married people loved each other, so he'd taken it on face value that he loved her. But their "love" wasn't anything like the love that Bulma went on an on about when they'd traveled together, or like the love Ryoko once had for that human/Juraian hybrid. The affection he held for Chichi was much like the love he had for his friends. But unlike his friends, his love for her had been fading over time.

Now came the hard part. Telling Gohan.

While he didn't think the young demi would be too upset over their breakup, the knowledge that she didn't want to see the child again . . .

"You gonna stand outside all night?"

Startled, Goku blinked and stared blankly at the blue haired alien before him while his brain struggled to catch up. "Ano-"

Leaving the doorway, Ryoko crossed the yard to where he stood, gold eyes soft with emotion. She took his hand and squeezed gently, "Gohan told us what happened this morning."

"Aaa."

Ryoko waited patiently. Two years of friendship with the gentle saiya-jin had taught her well.

She didn't have to wait long before he finally blurted out, "She doesn't want to see Gohan again! Her own son and she wants nothing to do with him!"

"NANI?!" This came as a complete shock to Ryoko. As controlling and obsessive as Chichi was over her only child, the warrioress had not expected this. She'd been gearing herself up to kick the other woman's ass for attempting to keep Gohan away from his father, but now . . .

"How could she be so cruel to him?" Goku's heartbroken voice broke through her aborted revenge plans.

Ryoko shook her head, "I don't know Goku, I really don't." With her free hand she reached up and tilted his face towards her and looked deep into his eyes. "But he'll have you. And Piccolo."

Goku put a hand on top of hers, "And you."

Flashing a brilliant smile, Ryoko nodded in agreement, "And me." They remained that way for a moment, before Goku let their hands drop free, breaking the tableu. Ryoko tugged at his hand leading him inside, "C'mon, Bulma set up a spare room for you. In case you showed up after Gohan fell asleep."

"Is he?"

Ryoko fixed him with "the look", "Why else would I have mentioned the room? Now get your butt in gear, Son Goku," she mock-growled as she made a show of dragging him across the yard.

"Demo, Ryoko!" Goku whined in vain as he was hauled inside.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Around sunrise, Goku awakened to an adorable sight. Shortly after Goku had fallen asleep, the younger Son had made his way into his father's room and onto his bed. Curled up against his father's stomach, the boy snuggled close to him, chestnut tail wound firmly about the elder's wrist. Smiling down at his son, Goku gently stroked the boy's wild ebony hair. 'How could she not love something so beautiful?'

His depressing line of thought was cut short as the child in his arms began to stir. The last two years had been rough on the young demi, and his inner alarm clock always woke him just after sunrise. Yawning cutely, the boy rubbed his sleepy, chocolate eyes before he remembered the events of the day before.

"Otousan!" he cried, flinging himself at his father.

Goku "uffed" softly at the impact, but atomatically wrapped his arms and tail around the child, crooning soothing words to the now crying boy.

"Okaasan doesn't want me, does she?" he sobbed out, clinging even tighter to his father.

Closing his eyes and sighing, Goku didn't answer his son at first. This was harder than he'd thought. Pulling the boy far enough away that he could look into his son's eyes, he had to know Gohan understood.

"Gohan. It's not YOU your mother doesn't want . . . it's me. And since you're half me . . ."

"Wakatta."

"Gohan, are you sure?"

"Hai," the boy answered, nodding his head for emphasis. A thoughtful look came over his face as he appeared to ponder something. "Ano, Otousan?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you think- Do you think I could spend this afternoon with Piccolo-san?"

"Sure son, Goku smiled and ruffled the child's hair, "Now let's go see about getting breakfast, all right?"

"Hai!" the boy agreed enthusiastically, just before a pair of stomachs growled in unison.

Rubbing the back of his head in embarassment Goku chuckled, "Heh, guess our stomachs agree."




10/25/04

O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O -O

AN~ Hopefully no one was offended by my portrayal of Chichi. But if you were offended, I don't really care. I really do like her and I AM a fan of GokuxChichi, but for this fic I had to separate them. I'd already killed her off in Second Chance for Love so I couldn't just re-use that. Still, I think she comes off as only slightly OOC here. Basically, it's just a more extreme reaction than what she'd normally do.

O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O

1 - Any faster and it'dve been all one word. *snickers*

O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O

Disclaimer: Here we go. I do not own any of the characters from Dragonball, Dragonball Z, or Dragonball GT. They are all the property of Akira Toriyama, Bird Studio, Toei Animation, and Funimation Inc. I also do not own any of the characters from Tenchi Muyo. They are the property of Pioneer, AIC, their creators, and probably some other people I don't know. However, all the other characters in my stories are mine. I'm not making any money off of this, its just for fun. And to top it off I'm a college student who works for the school system so you know I don't have any money. So if you sue me you won't get anything.