Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Excel Saga Fan Fiction ❯ TenchiEX ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Meanwhile, inside the house, Excel was telling Tenchi about her world in the only way she could. Unfortunately, her narration often went astray and Tenchi found himself wondering how she had ever become a top officer in any type of organization. He was about to close his eyes when Ryoko appeared in the room, giggling suspiciously.

"Ryoko, is the roof fixed?" Tenchi asked and Ryoko looked at him.

"Um, I'm not sure Tenchi. I left Mihoshi with the job. I have something much more important to do," she said and disappeared.

"What was that all about?" Excel asked and Tenchi sighed in exasperation.

"I don't know. Do you think you can climb up the ladder again? I'm sure Mihoshi needs help," Tenchi said and Excel saluted.

"If you think it will help Excel get her light sooner then Excel will do it!"

"Uh....yeah. Well come on, then."

Mihoshi sat on the roof staring at the hammer, nails, and the various other roofing materials in confusion. She had no idea where to begin. She yawned widely and decided that sleeping would help straighten out her confusion. She placed her hands underneath her head and lay down to go to sleep. She stretched her legs and accidentally knocked the bucket of nails through the hole in the roof. The bucket turned upside down and fell emptily to the floor with a clang in the middle of a floor full of scattered nails.

"What was that noise? Ryoko if you think I'm...ow!" Ayeka cried as the point of a nail ran through her sock. "Mihoshi! Why don't you watch what you're doing?!"

"Just five more minutes, Mommy," Mihoshi replied sleepily and Ayeka growled in frustration.

"Sleeping? Honestly. I don't see how she made it into the Galaxy Police to begin with. She can't even finish my roofing job."

"Tenchi, I'm home," Tenchi's father said and Ayeka's face grew pale.

"Oh no. It's Tenchi's father. He's going to see the hole in the roof and blame poor Tenchi. I've got to do something. But what? The floor is full with nails. How do I get out of here?"

"Hi, Dad," Tenchi said as he walked into the house.

"That a friend of yours?"

Excel waved her hand and Tenchi glanced at her.

"Actually, she's an acquaintance. She's just here to get something from Washu. Washu's working on it now."

"I noticed the hole in the roof as I drove up. Those two have been at it again, haven't they? Why aren't they helping Mihoshi, though? I think she worked herself to exhaustion."

"I tried to get them to go up there and fix it but they wouldn't listen. I'm sorry, Dad."

"Forgive me for not being out there, Lord Tenchi. I had to change into my working clothes," Ayeka said as she walked past Tenchi, carrying the bucket of nails that Mihoshi had dropped.

"Wow. That's unexpected. Thank you, Ayeka," Tenchi said.

"So where are you from?" Tenchi's father asked Excel and Excel looked at him.

"Excel is from a secret organization called ACROSS. Excel is here merely to get what Excel's Lord Ilpalazzo has ordered her to get," Excel replied and Tenchi's father nodded his head.

"Oh I see. A government job. Well I won't pry into that. I know how important our national security is. That is a strange looking uniform, though."

"It is the only uniform that Excel has ever worn."

"Hmm. It must be new regulations or something like that. Well in any case, you're welcome to stay here for as long as you need to. I know we can't rush Washu with her inventions."

"Excel thanks you and your son very, very much!"

"One thing that has not been addressed is your sleeping quarters. I'm afraid all our spare rooms are taken up."

"She can sleep in my quarters," Yosho said as he stepped into the house.

"That's really nice of you, Grandpa but where will you sleep then?" Tenchi inquired and Yosho smiled.

"I have a large screen in my room. We can spread it across half of the room. You can get some spare blankets from the closet and I shall sleep on the floor while she sleeps on the bed. I believe this is the most logical solution. She could sleep in your room using the same method but I do not think that would go over well with some of the girls."

"Yeah...I doubt it would. Well, why don't you sleep in my room Grandpa and I'll take the floor? As long as they don't find out, I should be all right."

"If you really want to take the risk, Tenchi, I won't stop you."

"Why are you doing this?" Excel asked and Tenchi smiled.

"Well, I'd like to know more about your world. I doubt that you'll be here very long so I'd like to learn all that I can," he replied as Sasami set some trays of food on the table.

"Here's supper! I hope everyone likes it," she said and Excel eagerly picked up her fork.

"When Excel leaves, she will miss the food here the most!" she declared.

"Don't you have good food where you're from?"

"Only if Excel pays for it but Excel does not have much money on her world. She tries to get work but Excel always ends up messing something up."

"Gee, we have someone like that here now," Ryoko said as she appeared in the room. "I could smell the food all the way from the roof."

"Then you saw Ayeka then. She went up on the roof to help Mihoshi," Tenchi said.

"I didn't see her there. Maybe she fell off."

"Did you do something to my sister again?" Sasami asked and Ryoko looked at her.

"When have I done anything to your sister?"

"Let's not start counting," Tenchi said and Ryoko looked wounded.

"Tenchi, how can you say something like that?" she asked as Mihoshi walked into the room.

"What's going on in here?" she asked. "Is Washu going to eat?"

"Mihoshi, did you see Ayeka?" Tenchi inquired and Mihoshi nodded her head.

"She's coming. She's having her guardians fix the roof."

"How can they fix the roof? They don't have....never mind. Well I'm glad she's okay."

Excel is going to think now since she has nothing better to do and nothing is really making sense in this fic anyway. Excel believes that this place is stranger than the last anime she went to with Prince Vegetable and the dinosaurs.

"That's Vegeta!" a voice said and Excel looked up.

"Hey! You are not in this show! Go back to your own anime!" she cried, then looked around at the others who were staring at him. "You did not see him? The short man with hair like a porcupine? Excel got his name wrong and he came from another anime just to correct her."

"Washu better be done with that thing soon," Ryoko muttered. "She's insane."

"She looks tired," Mihoshi commented as Ayeka walked into the room.

"Lord Tenchi, the roof is fixed. With no help from Ryoko, I might add," she said and glared at Ryoko.

"That's because I was busy with other things," Ryoko said.

"I'll bet you were. You were probably sleeping!"

"Stop it you two! It's time to eat!" Sasami cried as Washu burst into the room.

"I am such a genius!" she cried and looked at Excel. "Here you go. This little thing is small but powerful. You just push this button here and..."

She pressed the button and the small box, which could be no larger than an audio cassette box, illuminated the room completely. Washu basked in the awe that her invention brought for a moment, then walked over to the table and began fixing herself a plate.

"That is so amazing, Miss Washu. Hey! No one else has eaten yet!" Ayeka cried and Washu glanced at her.

"You've all had plenty of time to serve yourselves. I'm been in my lab all day long. I haven't eaten since this morning, I believe," she replied as Excel took out the Inter-Dimensional Anime Changer Thingie and glanced at everyone.

"Excel thanks you for all that you've done for her. ACROSS also thanks you. Excel must be going now so goodbye!" she cried and pushed the button. In a flash, she was gone.

"She wasn't all that bad," Yosho commented as he picked up his tea. "A little insane but she seemed harmless."

"There's only one problem with that light I gave her," Washu said and Tenchi looked at her.

"What's that, Washu?" he inquired and Washu glanced away.

"I won't tell you until you call me `Little Washu'."

"How can you be little when you're over two-hundred years old?" Ryoko muttered.

""Miss Washu, what is the problem with your invention?" Ayeka asked and Washu looked at her.

"It's very simple, actually. I made it to the specifications of this world. I have no idea how her world functions, so I can't guarantee that it will work or not."

At ACROSS headquarters.....

"Lord Ilpalazzo! Your Excel has returned!" she cried as she looked around, trying to find Ilpalazzo in the darkness.

"Did you get the light, Excel?" he asked as Excel began walking, still looking around for him.

"Yes! Excel brought back the light! Excel seems to be stepping on something squishy. Excel wonders what it could be."

"You're standing on my foot, Excel."

"Oh my god! Excel is so sorry, Lord Ilpalazzo! It is so dark in here that Excel didn't know where she was going and..."

"Never mind. Just turn on the light."

She pressed the button and the light burned brightly for a few seconds, then died down. Excel picked up the light and looked at it. She pressed the button again but the light would not respond.

"It must have run out of batteries. Excel is so sorry, Lord Ilpalazzo!"

"Never mind. I've got to go check on the supporting cast strike. Perhaps they've worked out an agreement by now. Excel..."

"Yes, Lord Ilpalazzo!"

"Go find an anime with someone who has lots of patience. Do not open this letter until you get there."

"This is a letter? It feels more like clothing."

"Ahem. My laundry. I'm afraid I can't see a thing in this darkness. Here's the letter."

"Excel will not fail you this time! Excel is on her way, Lord Ilpalazzo!"

She disappeared and Ilpalazzo was left to feel his way around the ACROSS building alone. He had almost made it to the door when he tripped over Excel's broken lantern. His glasses fell off and a stray Puchuu picked up his glasses and ran off.

"Help? Excel? Oh damn it..." Ilpalazzo said as he tried to adjust his eyes.

~~~Today's experiment of Excel Saga....failed~~~