Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Choices and Consequences ❯ Tenchi Masu part 1 ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tenchi Muyo: Choices & Consequences: Tenchi Masu

I do not own Tenchi Muyo, or any of its characters or ideas, but I wish I did. As for this story, it was written as a sort of what if, while I wait for OVA 3 and GXP to be released stateside. I started on this after wondering, what if he actually did make a choice? For those that have read the "True Tenchi Novels" that detail the backgrounds on the characters, I have not read those. I guess you could say that this is an AU as I have made certain decisions on their backgrounds to fit my story. And if the Character appear OOC, there is a good reason.

I want to send a very BIG THANKS out to Doug Dennis, Top Quark (Shadow Quark) and Chendzeea Li for helping me with this story.

+++++

From Last time:

Ayeka watched in horror as Tenchi advanced on Yosho, and she was not sure what she felt. Inside she was scared, excited, proud, and nervous. From the look on Yosho's face, he seemed to mirror some of her feelings as well. Finally able to take no more, she screamed out, "Tenchi!"

Upon hearing Ayeka's voice, he turned to look at her and he could literally feel her fear. Turing back to see his grandfather, he noticed that his sword was at his grandfathers neck. "Oh gods…" he mumbled before falling over. This time is was Yosho that caught him. "I… I'm sorry…" he tried to apologize.

"No Tenchi, I should apologize. I only forced that duel on you to get you to take a stand and defend them. You have, and last night when you talked to me, I knew that you had won the duel."

"But… we didn't even…"

"I know, but even with out being capable of fighting you would have fought to defend them. Your honor, and my sisters' honor, is in tact. There will be no duel as you have already won."

"I have…"

"Yes, I was merely suggesting that you two take yourselves back to your room if you're going to be doing that on the couch." Yosho laughed as Tenchi grumbled.

"But we weren't doing anything!"

++++++

And now

Tenchi Muyo: Choices & Consequences: Tenchi Masu

As the day wore on Tenchi reveled in the joy of being free of the duel, and in that he'd won without really having to fight. However, as the day wore on and darkness began to descend he began to worry. Not about Ayeka, or about Yosho, but about Ryoko and Ryo-Ohki. She had left earlier that morning; and he could not reach either of them, nor could he get Washu to answer her door. What was the strangest thing was that even his father was missing.

Ayeka too was concerned about Ryoko's whereabouts. "Where is that Devil Woman?" She huffed as she frantically searched the house.

"I thought you two were passed that," Tenchi said from the couch.

She only grumbled for a moment before answering him, "I was, but where is she? It's time to start getting ready for bed and we haven't had our soak in the onsen, nor have we had dinner yet, and we can't go to sleep without her."

He looked at her amazed, and then smiled. "You've become used to her then?"

"After sharing a bed with you two for five years how could I not get used to her? Every day before dinner we'd have a soak in the onsen and…" she trailed off as she remembered days long past, that seemed to be a dream to her of just the three of them, living life together, and in peace.

Tenchi too seemed to be thinking of the same things, but when he could not move off the couch right away, he was brought back to the reality of his new life. "I guess we should start getting ready for bed… she will be here soon though… she's never been gone this long before."

Ayeka nodded and then calmed down. "Very well, I am going to see how Sasami's doing." She gave him a quick kiss before leaving the room.

Entering the kitchen, she watched as her sister went about from the stove to the sink around to the cabinets and back to the stove. Cutting, chopping, mixing, and preparing a venerable feast. They had always let her do this, as she seemed happiest cooking. Occasionally they had tried to get her to stop cooking as much, but then she seemed distraught as someone else cooked. The elder princess could not help but think that Sasami lorded over the kitchen as though it was her domain, and she couldn't stand it when someone tried to take over her domain.

A small giggle escaped her as she thought of her sister's attitude about the kitchen. Sasami turned around quickly to see Ayeka standing there, "Hi!" Ayeka still found it strange how cheery her sister sounded all the time.

"Hi," she returned then stepped further into the kitchen. She smiled as Sasami looked worried a moment, 'she probably thinks I've come to take over. "I was wondering if you have seen Ryoko or Ryo-Ohki. We thought we saw them leave earlier today, but they haven't been gone this long before."

The smile returned to Sasami's face, "Oh, I asked Tsunami about that earlier. She said not to worry about them and that they would be back."

"I see," she said, then grumbled; "I should've asked her sooner."

"Could you get Washu and Nobuyuki, dinners almost ready," Sasami called over her shoulder as she went back to what she was making.

"I can't, she's disconnected the lab from the house it seems. Not even Mihoshi can get in."

"Oh, I see. Tsunami didn't tell me anything about that," she paused a moment, "Have you seen Tenchi's father anywhere?" When Ayeka shook her head Sasami stopped cooking long enough to close her eyes and think. She had not wanted to let her sister know about this, but every since she told them about Tsunami's connection to her; she had decided to talk more to the goddess. The first few times she had been completely unprepared for things, but she's grown more accustomed to talking to the goddess. Even to the point where their eventual assimilation into one body does not scare her much. Though she is still nervous of it, she is no where near as afraid as she once was.

'Tsunami?' The girl called out mentally.

'I am here,' she heard.

'We can't find Tenchi's father, and we can't contact Washu, her lab isn't there anymore. Do you know where they are?'

'Yes, I know, and I will not look into their private lives.'

'What's wrong?'

She heard a laugh and was relieved, 'There is no problem. They are together… in her lab still. Washu wanted some private time with him…' Sasami was not sure but she thought she could feel the goddess blushing.

Opening her eyes, she noticed her sister watching her carefully. "Tsunami says that both of them are in her lab… having private time…" Sasami could not help but blush as well; she finally realized what Tsunami was meaning.

"Private time? Why would they want to…" Ayeka suddenly stopped and looked at her sister, "Oh my, I see. Very well then…"

Sasami just giggled, "I guess they won't be joining us for dinner."

Ayeka just blushed that much harder remembering her first time with Tenchi and between her and Ryoko the two of them had not let him out of bed for almost two days after they were married. "Yes… um, I will… be going now…" she said hastily retreating from the kitchen.

Walking quickly into the living room, she was trying to get her blush under control when a loud screeching noise was heard outside. "What is that?" She looked at Tenchi who just shrugged. Both looked up quickly as a loud, Miya could be heard.

"Ryo-Ohki!" they shouted. Then the sound suddenly stopped with Ryoko literally falling through the ceiling.

"Tenchi!" She shouted throwing her arms around him.

He scarcely had a chance to take in her appearance, but what he did see was that her clothes were singed and ripped in several places. As she hugged him, he caught a very bad odor coming off her as if she had been thrown in a swamp.

"Ryoko!" Shouted Ayeka, "Where have you been?"

"And where's Ryo-Ohki?" Sasami asked coming out of the kitchen.

"Oh Washu had her go directly to the lab, but I just had to see Tenchi, I haven't seen you all day!"

He just chuckled. "I am glad to see you too; we were getting worried about you."

"We?" She asked innocently as he motioned his head towards Ayeka.

"You missed me too?" A second Ryoko appeared and began hugging Ayeka too. "Oh that's so sweet of you to miss me!"

"Ryoko! You shameless hussy stop that this instant!" Ayeka shouted as Ryoko just giggled, because despite her protests the princess had actually been worried, and was returning the hug, though not being so obvious about it. Sasami just laughed and Ayeka sighed. "Very well," she said trying to sound indifferent, as she hugged Ryoko back. "Uh…" she pulled away quickly, "You smell like you've been playing in… in… oh I don't know!"

Ryoko looked slightly hurt, but Tenchi added, "She's been compiling that you two haven't had your soak before dinner and I think she missed it."

Ayeka shot him a dirty look causing him to laugh while Ryoko hopped around excitedly, "Really? Let's go then!" And with one body grabbing Tenchi and the other grabbing Ayeka, they flew out to the onsen.

Mihoshi had seen the exchange and she looked at Sasami wondering what had happened. "I don't know, but they are going to be late for dinner. Will you help me fix the table?" This seemed to cheer up the blonde as she followed Sasami to the kitchen.

Outside in the onsen Tenchi was feeling a little out of place. "Um, I thought you two wanted some time to talk?"

"But we did…" Ryoko started then trained off.

"Then why am I here?"

"Well, because I needed to talk to both of you."

"Ok, go on," urged Ayeka.

"Well, it's about the hunting trip I went on today…"

"Hunting trip?" Both Tenchi and Ayeka looked at each other confused.

"Yes, Washu's found a way to help that doesn't include putting any implants in or even giving you a mechanical leg…" Ryoko was trying hard to sell them on what Washu had decided on.

"Just tell us Ryoko!" Ayeka demanded.

"Ok… Washu's found a way to join you with Masu cells." Ryoko said it quickly and it took a moment for the others to understand what she meant.

"You mean those things that tried to kill me!" Ryoko only nodded slightly, she had hoped he would have forgotten about that.

"Miss Ryoko! I can't believe this, why would you ask that?"

"Because we don't have another choice!" Ryoko snapped back. "Don't you see? If he has the Masu cells then he can regenerate his leg and his arm… then he… he can…"

"I can what?" Tenchi was shocked, but not enough to miss the tears in Ryoko's eyes.

"I can't sleep anymore… not since then… I feel you… both of you… but…"

"But I can't hold you anymore," he said and she nodded. She hadn't meant to say it, especially this way. "I know; I can't stand not holding both of you like I used to… but are you sure this is the only way?"

Ryoko looked up slightly happier than a moment ago. "We're sure of it. When I went to go get them, I looked at what mom's got in mind. The Masu will be contained, so they won't be a threat. With you joining with them, they can re-grow any part of you that gets hurt or cut off."

Tenchi knew how he felt for both of the girls and he knew how they felt for him. And while he was nervous about this, he knew that Ryoko would not go along with this if she thought it would hurt him. "Are you sure about this?" She just nodded her head.

"Tenchi! I can't believe you're going to do this!" Ayeka cried out.

"I have to," both girls looked at him strangely, "I trust you both, Ryoko I said I would trust you with my life, and I meant it." He blushed as they both looked at him with love in their eyes. "If you think this will help then it sounds good to me."

"Great! And then when you duel Yosho you can kick his ass!" Ryoko cheered.

"About the duel…" Ayeka began.

"What?"

"I already won it," Tenchi told her smiling.

"You did? When? How? I wanted to see it!" Ryoko protested.

"But you did see it," Ayeka tried to hide a laugh.

"I did?" Even Tenchi could not hide a laugh, as she looked confused. "Damn it! Tell me!"

"Remember last night, when we saw him on the way upstairs?" He asked.

"Yea, boy did he look surprised when you told him off! I bet he was…." She suddenly stopped as they looked at her smiling. "You mean then? That was then?" Tenchi was laughing, while Ayeka tried to hide her laughing behind her hands. "Damn…"

"It's ok…" he told her, "He didn't tell me that until today." Tenchi thought it best not to say that he had pulled the Light Hawk Sword on his grandfather. "Well… when do we start this?"

"I think tomorrow morning some time… she was in a hurry when we came back…" she rubbed her chin thoughtfully.

"Well…" Tenchi began, "she's uh…"

"She's been in the lab with Nobuyuki all day, they haven't even come out for dinner," Ayeka supplied when it was obvious that Tenchi was not going to be able to say it.

"Mom's with him! All day!" She just grinned as they nodded, "I bet she's even disconnected the lab from the house too."

Ayeka grinned as well, "She has."

The three laughed and carried on until a familiar voice was heard, "What's so funny in here?"

All three turned around to see Washu standing there, "Oh hi…" Tenchi tried then noticed she was in her adult form. 'This is going to take a little getting used to.'

"Well I thought you might want to get started. I've got everything set up and ready to go, and Ryoko, did you have to push Ryo-Ohki so hard? Once she landed she fell asleep and she's probably gonna be sleeping until morning."

Ryoko grinned, "Oh I don't know… did you have to push Nobuyuki so hard? I bet he's asleep right now too." Washu blushed and Tenchi and Ayeka laughed as quietly as they could. "Ryo-Ohki wanted to get there and back as soon as she could, it was her doing. Hell, she was a slave driver! When one of those things caught me by surprise and blasted me into this… this… hell I don't know what it was, but she wouldn't even let me change clothes!"

"I see, well she is very loyal to Tenchi too, and since she thought this would help him she got a little carried away," Washu told her daughter trying not to laugh.

"Miss Washu?" Ayeka inquired, "Is this… um, procedure safe?"

"Safe! You know I would never put Tenchi in needless danger." A few snickers were heard from them as she said that. Shrugging her shoulders and letting out a sigh she added, "Look when I did those things before I never put him in danger, yea he was uncomfortable, but not in danger."

"Ok Washu, I'll believe you." He told her.

"That's mother Washu to you," she added with a grin.

"Mother?" he mouthed.

"Yep, since you married my Little Ryoko, you are now my son!"

"That's son-in-l…" Ayeka started but a glare from Washu cut her short.

"So help me if you call me that I'll make sure you have twins and triplets from now on!" A startled 'eep' was heard from the princess as Tenchi just grinned.

"Very well, Mother Washu," Tenchi said smiling, "When do we get started?"

Washu snapped her fingers and black portals appeared underneath all of them. Tenchi landed on a medical bed, while Ryoko landed on the floor with Ayeka landing on a stack of pillows. Washu, of course, landed on her feet standing beside him. "Oh sure, she gets to land on pillows…" Ryoko grumbled rubbing her sore backside.

"Well Tenchi would not have wanted Ayeka to risk getting hurt so I had to make sure she would be ok."

"I appreciate that Washu," Ayeka said standing slowly.

"Actually Mother Washu, I would like for you to show both of my wives more respect," Tenchi said from the bed and Washu looked at him startled.

"Very well… son," she told him smiling. "Now what I am going to do is lie you back in this tank, then the Masu will be positioned around you. All you have to do is concentrate on making them a part of you."

"But won't they sense his powers and attack like before?" Ayeka asked still concerned.

"As I had to tell Ryoko several times, they are no threat right now. I had them stunned and they are carefully sedated right now."

"Sedated?" All three asked in wonder.

"Hay they aren't much different from humans in the way drugs affect them, but don't worry it shouldn't cause you any discomfort." She hoped that none of this would, but she had never tried it on someone before, so she was still unsure.

Tenchi lay there as he was lowered into a tube, and the first thing he felt was a slimy feeling of being placed into a vat of grease. He was thankful that it was not hot, so as to burn him, but he was also still wondering how this was going to help him. As he hung there he tried to think about what Washu said, but he was interrupted by a voice in his head.

'Who are you?'

'Huh? I'm Tenchi.'

'Why are you here? Why are we here?'

'Are you the Masu?'

'Masu? We are what we are.'

'Um, I see…'

'What do you want?'

'To be… me again… I guess.'

'Are you not you?'

'Um, yea…'

'Are we not we?'

'Um… I guess.'

'Then why are we here?'

Tenchi had never been told before much about the Masu, only that they have a strong mental collective, but if a more dominant force were applied then they would bend themselves to that will. 'I need you, I was hurt, and I can't do what I used to.' He began to form in his mind what he used to look like, with both arms and both legs, allowing the collective to see it. 'Ryoko, my love, has the power to re-grow any part of her that was cut off. She said that it is because of you that she can do this.'

Tenchi could feel the collective thoughts running through his own; they seemed to be interested in him and more importantly in his feelings. 'What are these… feelings… love, anger?'

'Join with me, and I can show you.' Tenchi hoped that this would work. For a brief moment, it seemed to as they began to completely cover his body. But then he felt something, and it was not good.

'You trick us! We feel your power, you want to hurt us!'

"No! Stop!" he screamed out in agony as the Masu began to press in on his body seemingly crushing it.

'You want to hurt us!'

"NO! That's not it!" He called out as Washu tried to do something. Ayeka and Ryoko he could barley hear but they were screaming as well and were scared.

'Just… I just…'

'You trick us.'

'No… join with me… if… you can feel what I feel… you … k-know…' Tenchi felt himself beginning to loose consciousness, "I love… y--you… Ryoko…Ayek…." He lost his ability to think and speak as blackness surrounded him.

"Tenchi!" Ryoko and Ayeka were yelling. "Damn it! Washu get him out of there!"

"I can't they've severed the support cords… they're crushing him…"

"Then I'll blow them away!" Ryoko began to gather energy for a blast when she stopped… "If I attack it'll hurt Tenchi…"

Ayeka screamed out, "If you don't they'll kill him!"

"But I… I can't shoot at him…."

"NO! Tenchi!" Ayeka screamed out before falling on the floor crying, "No…" she said in a low voice. "I won't loose him… not yet."

Before even Washu or Ryoko could stop her, Ayeka flung herself at the Masu cells that were crushing Tenchi, "No! You can't have him!" Washu watched as Ayeka crashed into the tank, breaking it open and trying to free Tenchi. "No! You… can't have him!"

'But he tricked us.' She heard in her mind.

'What?'

'He tricked us, he wants to harm us.'

'No he…' she paused as she realized what was going on. Reaching her hand into the mist of the Masu, she grabbed his hand. "Tenchi, come back to me."

'You are one he loves.'

"Yes," she said gritting her teeth as she pulled him out.

'Why do you save him?'

"Because I love him!" Ryoko and Washu watched as the Masu soon covered Ayeka as well, but she continued to struggle, with pulling Tenchi out. "We only thought this would help him walk again… We just want him back…" she cried out as tears streamed down her face.

'Then you shall have him…' she heard the voice say as the Masu suddenly let go of him and the two of them fell onto the floor. She was breathing hard, while he did not seem to be breathing.

"Washu!" She cried out.

"Right," Washu set herself in motion; "Ryoko put the Masu back in a tank… I'll take care of him."

Washu put him on a table and began to check him over, and besides several broken bones and bruises he seemed to be ok, the worst part was that he had stopped breathing several times. When she had restored his breathing to normal and had him stabilized so that he was not in danger of dying she began to re-examine him. She feared that he might have suffered some brain damage or other problems, but she breathed out a sigh of relief when she discovered that he would be ok.

"This is good, brainwave, heart rate and bodily functions are normal again."

"That's good," Ayeka breathed a sigh of relief from beside him.

"Well I have the Masu rounded up, but I think some got away," Ryoko announced entering the room.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, there's not a lot of them things left," she shrugged, "I caught a lot more them, over half of them are gone."

+++++

To be continued…

I could always use help with pre-reading the story before the next chapter is posted. If you would like to help please go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ffru/
I have the next several chapters posted there for my beta readers to help me on.