Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ It's Not What You Think ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters used in this story. I'm not making any profit for writing this story. I'm doing it for my personal enjoyment.

It's Not What You Think: Chapter 2
By DaGoku64002K1

"What is this pain I feel?" Ryoko said as she rocked back and forth on a rock. "I have been in many fights and have experience tons of pain before. But none like this. It's almost unbearable." Ryoko looked down and placed her hand on her chest. She knew exactly what the pain was. It was the pain of heartbreak. It was the pain of rejection and loneliness. Ryoko knew that this day would come eventually. She thought she was prepared for something like this but of course she knew she really wasn't. Realizing this, Ryoko cried more. 'Tenchi, why?'
------------------------------------
"Where could she be?" Tenchi had been searching for hours and was becoming tired. He decided to rest under a tree. 'I'm so sorry, my love.' Unknown to Ryoko was the fact that Tenchi was also feeling pain. But his was different. His pain was caused by Ryoko's pain. It hurt him so much to know that she was probably somewhere crying her heart out because of him. He wished he could be by her side to comfort her. To let her know his true feelings that he had kept hidden for so long. To apologize for what she had seen happen between him and Ayeka.

After a little break, Tenchi was ready once again. He searched for what seemed like forever. Things were becoming hopeless. 'I must continue. I know she's close. I can feel it.' He pushed himself to continue.

'There she is.' His cyan-haired angel was only fifteen feet away from him. By the look of her face, he could tell that had she been crying for a long time. He walked up to her. "Ryoko?"

Hearing her name, she looked up to see who it was. When she saw that it was Tenchi, she turned her eyes away from him. "Go away." She said as coldly as she could. He got closer. "Ryoko, I'm so sorry. When you saw me and Ayeka, it was..." She stood up to face him. "Look you don't have to tell me anything. I saw it all. You picked Ayeka."
"No, you don't understand. I..."
"I understand perfectly. You picked her because you could never love an ugly, heartless demon like me."
"Ryoko, please let me..."
"Ayeka so beautiful, sweet, and innocent. She's the perfect woman for you, Tenchi. I'm just an evil little space pirate. Who could ever love me for that?"
Tenchi couldn't belive what she was saying. 'I love you.' He looked into eyes and said, "Ryoko that's not true. I love..."
"What you love me? What a bunch of bullcrap. You love Ayeka. The kiss said everything."
"That was a mistake."
"Whatever! I don't want to hear it. Now if you down mind I'll be leaving. You and your princess can live a happy life together. I won't be in the way anymore."

Before Tenchi could say anything, she was gone again. His only chance was gone. He knew she was gone for good. Knowing this, sadness had become his new best friend. It kept telling him that the woman he loved so much was never coming back. "Goodbye." Tenchi turned around and began his walk back to the house.

When he got back, everyone greeted him. He simply smiled and went straight to his room. He wasn't in the mood to see anyone. He needed to be alone.

Hours later, everyone had gone to bed. The house was silent except the sound of crying that could be heard from Tenchi's room. He had been up crying the whole time. 'I have lost the love of life. And there's nothing I can do about it'

He looked out his window at the sky, wondering where his Ryoko could be. 'I wish upon a star that I could have just have one more chance to tell her I love her. Just one, please.' Tenchi rubbed his tears away. "It just can't end this way this. Not like this. Where's my happy ending?" He screamed at the stars.

Tenchi looked a little longer at the sky until he notices someone standing near the lake. 'Could it be?' The stars must have heard him because there was Ryoko standing outside. Before he ran out to meet her, he looked up at the sky and said, "Thank you."

"Ryoko, please don't go." Tenchi stood next to her. "There's nothing here for me anymore." Ryoko told Tenchi without looking at him. "Yes there is." "What?!"
"Me. I'm here. I love you, Ryoko. And I want you to stay with me."
"You don't love me. You love Ayeka."
"I don't. I love you."
"Why did you kiss her then?" Ryoko said holding back her tears.
"She kissed me. She thought I loved her. But I could never love her. Because..."
"Tenchi, you don't know...'
"Just let me finish! I could never love her. She's too classy for me. But you...you're everything I want. You're strong, smart, beautiful, and independent. Plus you understand me better than Ayeka."
"But...but I'm a monster. How could you love someone who has killed so many people."
"You only killed those people because Kagato was controlling you."
"I..."
"Maybe this will change your mind about me."

Tenchi grabbed Ryoko and kissed her. She struggle at first but she gave in. The kiss must have lasted for ten minutes. Tenchi looked into Ryoko eyes. "I love you. There is no other girl for me. You are the only one I want to spend the rest of my life with. Please tell me you feel the same way." "I love you too, my sweet Tenchi. I will always." They kissed more.

This was the night where sadness had no place to stay. This was the night where it was just all about love. This was the night that belonged to Tenchi and Ryoko. This was the night that would change their lives forever.

Author: I hope this chapter was okay. Did you like it? What do you think of the story? Let me know? This is the DaGoku signing off.