Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Musings ❯ Ryoko ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A/N I don't own the characters in this dark fic. The owner of Tenchi Muyo is actually Pioneer and AIC and some author, whom I give many thanks for creating such a wonderful universe and characters and a truly unique situation. Cheers.

however the ideas in this story are mine, if you wish to use them contact me FIRST at either ring_princess@hotmail.com or ring_princess2001@yahoo.com the worst I'll say is no.


Musings
Ryoko
By RingPrincess


On the outside I have it all together, but I don't.

On the outside I'm cool and confident and very much the seductress, but I'm not.

To the world I'm a killer, a monster, a demon, I wish I wasn't.

To others I am a rock, invulnerable. To bad others haven't ever realized that often what a person seems like on the outside, doesn't reflect the outside.

I am Ryoko Hakubi. But what does that mean really?

I am the spirit caller. I am a mess of emotions, feelings, and unbearable pain. I am nothing in my own eyes. I am a wreck. I drink to escape the pain, but it only makes it worse.

I have only one reason for living. Him, Tenchi, the light of heaven and earth, the light of my existence. The only man who never backed away in fear, the person who accepted me as I was, not an image or by my reputation.

But does he really know who I am.

He'll choose her, I know he will. Her, Ayeka, a princess. She is perfect for him and he for her. She is proper and does things that will make him accept her. She is the proper one and the one worthy of him.

Ayeka, a liar a tempter a manipulative witch. A woman who will do almost anything to get what she wants. She is strong, a tower. But is she really?

Do I really know her, does she know me? We are all clever, we put up masks, hide what we are truly like. Where do we begin and the masks end?

Questions: to many questions.

Who am I? I am the daughter of Washu, as much as I hate her. I control three gems of unknown origin, they give me a great power. But what is my purpose, am I just an experiment?

I feel a calling, a call that is greater that anything I have ever known, if only I could escape the bounds of my past and answer. My past. . .

. . .my past. Kagato, thousands of years of destruction, I still have nightmares.

Help me Tenchi.

Tenchi, he is part of my calling. By Tsunami I love him so. He is perfect, a bit indesicive, but so considerate. He calls to me. I love him and can not imagine life without him.

If only. . .

If only he would choose. But that brings us back to the fact he would choose HER.

I must banish that thought. I must not give up hope. . .

. . .hope. He doesn't know who I am. How can you love someone you don't know? Is it possible? I, . . . I have known him since his childhood, and he has seen me, but does he know me?

Am I just a useless, no good, drunk in his eyes? In despite of what the household probably thinks, I have never been had by any man. I am a virgin. I play, I tease and I hold on. That is the only way I know. I take.

I am pathetic.

No one knows the real me, least of all myself.

Help me Tenchi.

--