Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Musings ❯ Washu ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A/N I don't own Tenchi Muyo! Musings are character studies to help me think though how to portray them in my fics. . . every person is a bundle of emotions and reason that makes them the complex being that they are. The owner of Tenchi Muyo is actually Pioneer and AIC and some author, whom I give many thanks for creating such a wonderful universe and characters and a truly unique situation. Cheers.

however the ideas in this story are mine, if you wish to use them contact me FIRST at either ring_princess@hotmail.com or ring_princess2001@yahoo.com the worst I'll say is no.


Musings
Washu
by RingPrincess


I have immersed myself in my work, all of my life, for thousands of years. What is wrong with me?

My body has not aged, in fact by scientific methods I have been able to make my body actually grow younger and older at my will, I can be any age I want, yet I have chosen to be a child for years. Ever since. . .

It is too painful.

I told them, I told them one of my oldest memories and then I went and ruined it. For me and my daughter. I miss my daughter, I do not even know her, I miss her more than I miss my son. My son has had the therapy of time to help heal the pain, but with Ryoko. . .

She is there everyday, yet I hurt her and treat her like an object.

All I want is to be called Mom again.

I don't deserve to be called mom.

Mothers don't hurt their children. . .

Mother's don't try to steal their children's love interests. . .

Mother's don't make fools of themselves chasing extremely younger men. . . who just happen to be their child's love interest.

Oh Ryoko, I am such a fool for acting this way.

But it is the only way I know how, I have forgotten or in reality I was never given the chance to learn how to be a mother. I fear it is too late to try.

I tease, I chastise and generally act eccentric, pushing you away and trying to hold you closer at the same time. It doesn't work.

You know, I don't really love Tenchi. You should be able to pick that out, can't you?

No, you can't. You haven't had time to learn what social norms are. . . not that this family follows social norms.

I try to care for you, in my own way.

How can I make you see that you are all that matters to me anymore? This family, they saved me from Kagato, but you gave me hope when you fought him, hope that all would be fine and that we could start over, the way it should have been from the beginning. You and me, a family.

It won't happen, will it? Not while we are at this impasse.

Is it the link, you have to admit Ryoko that our link has come in damn useful at times. I can see how the link would be inhibiting though, not that it has ever stopped you.

Oh my darling. Let me teach you, let me help you. Those tests you fear so much, are only pieces of a puzzle so that I can heal you and help you reach your full potential.

I am sorry Ryoko.

I shouldn't have tortured you that way, with the dark, the cold.

I am sorry Ryoko.

For teasing your man, for barging in on your territory for intruding on topics I shouldn't.

I love you, Ryoko.

If only I could tell you how much. . .

--

END MUSINGS

Washu is one of my favorites, she's a most interesting bundle of contradictions. Hope you liked it.

Questions and comments should be sent to one of the emails below! Check out my websites... and tell me what you think please.

RingPrincess
ring_princess@hotmail.com
ring_prince ss2001@yahoo.com
http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/ringprincess/index.html http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tenchimuyofanfiction/
http://www.thete nchireviewer.net