Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Nightmares: Part I of the Guardian Saga ❯ Washuu's Pain ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ryoko's Death,
Prologue/Chapter 1~Part II...Washu's Pain

Washu looked up from her computer. Something...was happening. But what? Washu ignored the nagging feeling, and went back to work, her little fingers moving over the transparent keyboard at a blurring rate.

Washu sat straight up in her little floating bean bag chair, and looked towards the door. Again, the feeling, only this time, more insistent.

Yes...something was happening...with Ryoko...

The Universe's Greatest (but probably smallest) Genius got off her little red floating bean bag chair, and walked to her door. She opened it gently at first, expecting to be met with the comforting darkness of the Misaki family living room.

She was met with a sword, covered in blood, on the floor right outside her door. It was placed there purposely, so there was no way she could miss it.

Washu recoiled, taking a step inside her lab, almost shutting the door. But, the Universe's Greatest Genius didn't get this far without getting a little dirty..
Well, Washu thought, what a lovely thing to see, at my lab's doorstep...
She took a hesitant step outside her door, and eventually closed it.
Lets see what this little disturbance is...Probably just Ryoko and Aeka having a late night fight over Tenchi, Washu downplayed her feelings. She didn't like what she was seeing, and certainly not what she was feeling.

For some reason, Washu was drawn to the fronts steps, and as she walked in that direction, she felt a sickening feeling in the bottom of her stomach. It was as if someone had suddenly ripped out a vital part of her...

By now, Washu was outside, in the healthy glow of the full moon. She looked around, sensing someone...
Washu looked down, for she had stepped in something wet, and its stench was sweet in a disgusting, revulsive way.

Her feet were covered in blood.

Ryoko's blood.

Washu dropped to her knees, and crawled to he daughter through the slick, blood-soaked grass.
"Ryoko...."Washu lifted her daughters head onto her lap, pressing her hands to the twin gashes on each side of her neck. The cuts had been deep, right into the artery on each side of her neck, and her blood spilt like wine from a broken bottle; flowing steadily until the container was empty.

"Mom...." Ryoko opened her eyes, their natural golden hue dimmed by her loss of blood.

"Don't you worry, Ryoko. I'll fix you up just fine. Everything will be allright." Washu held back her sobs, while cradling her daughter.

"I...love....yo-"Ryoko started to cough, her words garbled as she coughed up her own blood.

"Ryoko, its OK. Yo will be fine. I swear it!" Washu vehemently promised.

"Mom...love...all...even..bitc-"Ryoko started to cough again, this time harder.

Washu smiled, tears spilling over her cheeks. "You love them all, even Aeka."

Ryoko smiled, once, sweetly, her coughing passed. Then, she gently reached up, and touched Washu's cheek gently. Ryoko left small, blood covered marks on Washu's face.
Her hand fell back to the ground.

"Nnnoooo!!"

Only the moon was there to hear Washu's cry of loss and pain.

* * *

Well, how do ya like it?

I'm expecting several flames for this, but have yet to recieve any, not that I'm asking for any, o' course.^_~
It seems I always forget to do the whole *switches to monotone voice* "Tenchi Muyo! and all affiliated characters are not my property...BlahBlahBlah" in the first chap/prologue, so I'm doing it now!

"Tenchi Muyo! and all affiliated characters.." LoL.

Anywho, you all know the drill, R&R! Be a responsible reader, unless you think this is complete drivel, in which case write your own fic, and then we'll talk. And to all writers that R&R me, I'll do the same for you! Swear! Girl Scouts honor!.....Wait just a minute *scratches head* I was never in Girl Scouts....

~TenshiKachuu