Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Okayama Summer ❯ Chapter 5

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

*I'm sure some of the DBZ fans out there have been thinking, "All right, this is fine and dandy, but it's mostly Tenchi Muyo!" I've realized that too, and here is a bit of REALLY short DBZ that is an interesting thought, one that I've never actually seen before... no one really does anything with Chi Chi. What exactly has everyone else been doing while Gohan fits in with the Masaki clan...?*

Chapter Five

"Chichi?"

The woman, red-eyed from tears, lifted her head from her lap, and her eyes widened considerably. "No... could it be?"

Goku smiled, and waved cheerfully. "Hi, Chichi. I haven't seen you for a while."

Chichi rose to her feet, still not quite sure if she should believe her eyes. It definitely did look like her husband, standing there in front of her... but that was impossible.

Goku was dead.

"Mom!" Chichi blinked. Now she was definitely seeing things. Her 11-year-old son, Gohan, was standing next to Goku now. He grinned, and laughed nervously. "Um, I'm sorry I fought against your wishes. Really. But I had to..."

"Go-Gohan... that's okay..." No. I'm hallucinating. I have to be.

Gohan was dead as well.

"Gohan... Goku... is it really you?" Chichi murmured, taking a step forward.

Goku's expression changed, to one of utter sadness. "No, Chichi. It's not." And, without warning, both of them were gone.

Chichi sank to her knees, and fresh tears sprang to her eyes. "Goku... Gohan... no..." A low sob escaped from her throat. "It's real. It's really happened. They're both dead."

I'm all alone...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Chichi! Chichi, wake up!"

Son Chichi opened her eyes, and stared right into Kururin's worried face. "Ku-Kururin?"

She glanced around, and realized that she was curled up in a chair, in what could only be Kame House.

How'd I get here?

See? Losing your memory already.

I'm not.

"You're all right?" Master Roshi looked over Kururin's shoulder. "We could hear you screaming from the other room..."

"Yeah," Chichi murmured. "I'm fine, really..."

Kururin hesitated. "You're sure?"

"Yes," Chichi said firmly, in her normal voice. "I am. Stop worrying."

You're not fine. Stop lying to yourself.

I'm not lying. There's nothing wrong with me.

Master Roshi shrugged, pulling on Kururin's arm, and they both exited the room.

Chichi sighed, and stared up at the ceiling. "How long has it been? A year?"

Two weeks, Chichi.

Two weeks. Two weeks of nightmares, of Goku and Gohan's faces disappearing in a flash of light, of an evil laugh that could only be Cell's echoing over and over again in her head. She knew she should be worrying about other things- neither her husband nor son had killed Cell. He was still alive, somewhere, growing stronger and stronger from every passing day. They had no idea where he could be hiding, or what to do even if they found him- Gohan had been the strongest of the all, and now... he was...

For this reason, the Z senshi had been training harder than ever before. Most of them were gone, to places only they knew, to train. Kururin was the only one that wasn't gone; he and Master Roshi had sort of taken on the job of taking care of her.

I don't need to be taken care of. I'm fine.

I believe this is what they call "pining", dear. How long has it been since you last ate?

A few days. Maybe. I don't know!

"Chichi?"

Chichi blinked, and stared at Master Roshi. "What? Here again?"

Master Roshi raised an eyebrow. "It's been a couple of hours since I last saw you."

"Has it really?" Chichi asked in a dazed voice. Master Roshi frowned. "Chichi, you need to get a hold of yourself. I know Goku and Gohan's deaths have hit you hard, but... you're going to end up going insane. This has to stop."

"Insane?" Chichi asked in a confused voice. "Am I?"

You're talking to me, aren't you?

Shut up. You're not helping.

Master Roshi shook his head, and held out a tray with a bowl of soup on it. "At least try to eat something. You're worrying Kururin and I; wasting away like that."

Chichi wasn't the slightest bit hungry, but she took the tray anyway. His eyes were sad behind the dark lenses of the sunglasses. "Arigatou, Master Roshi." She smiled at him weakly. "You're all right, for a hentai."

This was a compliment, despite the undercurrent of ridicule, and compliments from Chichi were hard to get, even in this wasted state. Master Roshi shrugged, and left the room.

Chichi ate a few mouthfuls of soup, and sighed shakily. He's right; you need to eat.

There. I did. Happy now?

Of course.

She shoveled a few more mouthfuls into her mouth, and felt a small smile creep over her lips. That wasn't too hard.

Yes, quite.

Chi Chi's face contorted, and she rushed into the bathroom to throw up everything she had just eaten.

As long as you can keep it down.

Shut up.