Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Okayama Summer ❯ Prologue

[ P - Pre-Teen ]







*Note: This story is one of those "what if...?"s, so I change the story line a little bit. It takes place at the time of and right after the Cell Games- if that makes sense. It's no fun if Goku screws things up, so he won't be in the story (as he's kinda dead).Right after the second OAV, as well. It's kind of obvious, but there are really thick people out there that wouldn't get that. So... enjoy this! And, I don't know if powers can be transported through blood, but there's the whole spiritual "blood is your essence" thing, so I'm using that.*

Prologue

Gohan dug his feet into the ground and tried to move his left arm. No good. It was definately dislocated. The deep, evil laugh he had grown to hate cut across his ears. "You have no chance whatsoever," Cell said softly, so only he and Gohan could hear. "You should have destroyed me when you had the chance. Now, your father is dead. Because of you. You are dead." His Kamehameha wave grew stronger, and Gohan took a step back.

"No, Gohan!" Piccolo yelled. "You can't back down! Not now! We need you!"

"Gohan, think of Goku!" Kururin pleaded. "Think of your father!"

"My father is dead," Gohan hissed in fury and took another step back. It was his fault. All his. Cell smirked, feeling the boy's weakness, and pushed with all his might. Gohan tried to hold on, but he was too tired. Had lost too much blood. He was blown away by the enormous wave of energy. Just let me die. Please, let me die.

Yamucha, Kururin, and Tien were frozen in horror, but Piccolo yelled, "Gohan! Your shield!" Even if he didn't win this battle, he wanted to preserve the boy's life- for now.

Gohan automatically sent up a shield, but it was not strong. The energy carried him out of sight.

The sky turned back to its normal color, and Cell turned to the rest of them. "I don't really want to destroy you now, defenseless. That will be no fun at all."

Vegeta shook with rage at being called 'defenseless', but was wise enough not to say a word.

Cell gave one of his mocking smiles. "I will disappear for now, but expect to see me again. I, then, will be so much stronger, so I suggest you train." Then, in a flash of light, he was gone.

Piccolo clenched his fists. "We will, Cell. We will. But, first we have to find Gohan."

Vegeta's eyes flickered. "No need."

"What are you talking about?" Kururin said coldly.

Vegeta stared all of them in the eye, one by one. "Face the music, why don't you. You can;t feel his energy, and neither can I. There is probably nothing left to find."

"No," Kururin protested feebly. "I can still feel him."

Piccolo shook his head. "No. He's dead, Kururin. He has to be. No one, even Gohan, could survive a blast that big."

Far away, Gohan lay in a ditch, barely conscious. He heard birds chirping, and he thought he saw trees, with sakura growing on their branches. Peaceful, once again. He sighed. I'm coming, Dad. I'm coming.

And then he was gone.