Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Partnership ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Tenchi Muyo.


-Telepathy-


(Thoughts)


Chapter 5


"I am going to fall," Ryoko said as she tried standing with the crutches.


"No you're not," Jas said, " and if you do I'm not going to be able to catch you."


"Ha-ha, very funny, why can't I just hover in the air?"


"Because it's not fair to others that have to use them, so you have to use them too."


"Thanks a lot Kagato," Ryoko muttered as she walked slowly out of the hospital wing. They walked down one of the half full hallways down to the chief's office, and Ryoko hated every step. "I hate this, it's so annoying."


"Well, at least you didn't lose your attitude," teased Jas.


"That's not funny," snapped Ryoko, "and I just figure out a good use for these thing."


"Uh-oh, I'd better keep my mouth shut," said Jas as they reached the office. Jas opened the door and let Ryoko walk in first.


"Ah, there you two are," said the chief, "I was wondering if you were ever going to show up." Ryoko sat down in one of the chairs in front of his desk. "You two saved at least thirty officers from Kagato, and you're injured in the process, but your time off won't be easy, I'll be having you do work, but here's the pay off." Ryoko and Jas nodded for him to continue, "After that, I'm giving you both a month off."


"Uh, could we get a reason?" Ryoko asked; Jas was just as bewildered.


"Well, no one in this entire ship, myself included, have saved that many people, and believe that should be rewarded greatly." He nodded and they left.


"Want to go to my office, it's closer?" Jas asked. Ryoko nodded and they headed in that direction. When they got there, Jas opened the door and let Ryoko in first, then he walked in. "I wonder what the chief's going to make us do? I hope it's nothing like summarizing reports."


"Knowing him that's probably what it is," Ryoko replied sitting down in a chair. "That's what I've had to do when he gives me things to do."


"Wonderful, must be fun." Jas sighed and leaned back in his chair. Ryoko nodded in sarcasm.


"It's the most boring thing you could ever do, although sometimes it can be funny." Jas smiled, but looked bored. Then the door opened an officer walked in.


"I have come from the chief, he says that you are going to be assigned to the solar system to patrol, that is all," and he left.


"What? But Kione and Mihoshi patrol that area," Ryoko exclaimed. Just then Kione and Mihoshi came through the door.


"Looks like you two are patrolling with us," Kione said, "Hey, at least you'll get to visit earth more often."


"Yeah, whatever," they said.


ooo


"Why did the chief assign us here?" Ryoko whined.


"Oh well, at least we're not summarizing reports," Jas said, trying to get Ryoko to lighten up, it worked a little, he got her to smile. They were on Nigami and were passing Jupiter, and then Kione appeared on screen,


"Hey you two, want to go to Earth?"


"Sure, might as well," Ryoko, answered. It took them an hour to get to Earth, and when they then it took them half an hour to get to the house, Ryoko just wanted to fly, but Jas made her use the crutches.


ooo


"Hey everyone, look," Sasami pointed out the window, and they looked outside. Ryoko, Kione, Mihoshi, and Jas were walking towards the house. Sasami didn't wait for anyone, she ran out of the house to give Ryoko a hug.


"Oof, hi Sasami," Ryoko said after she got the wind knocked out of her.


"Don't make her fall Sasami," Kione warned.


"I won't," Sasami replied. The others came out of the house to greet them.


"Long time no see Ryoko," Washu teased, "Anything else happen lately since we left?"


"Yeah, we got assigned to patrol here until we recover," Jas answered, "And it's probably until Ryoko recovers." Ryoko stuck her tongue out at him and everyone laughed.


"That's not funny," Ryoko growled, but everyone else seemed to think it was. After they stopped laughing they settled down and asked Ryoko about five thousand questions. "Guys stop it, you're making my head spin," she pleaded. They laughed and left her alone. The rest of the day past as usual, then Ryoko and Jas had to go back on patrol.


"See ya," they said as they teleported back to Nigami.


"Well that was interesting," Jas said as they sat down.


"It's usually a lot crazier," Ryoko replied.


"I wonder how? I can't wait to get my arm out of this sling."


"You have less time to wait than me," Ryoko groaned, "You should only have another week or two, right?"


"I think so," Jas answered, "but you still have a long way to go."


"Shut up, you still owe me for saving your butt." Jas gulped at the comment, he hated being in debt, but a life for a life, and this one was going to take awhile.


ooo


Author's Note: It's so short, bad me, very bad me. Thank you to the one person who reviewed me for the last chapter, and as you asked, here's the new one, and probably the one after. Enjoy, and keep those reviews coming.