Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Partnership ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Tenchi Muyo.


-Telepathy-


(Thoughts)


Chapter 9


Jas stayed there all night, and when Kione and Mihoshi showed up the next morning, he brought them up to speed with information.


"I hate to say this," she said, "but we have a problem. The chief wants one of us to go get him, but Yigami's fuel tank is empty and will a long time refill, and you're the only one that can pilot Nigami, but you're not leaving here for anything." Jas nodded in reply. "It looks like we'll just have to wait until Yigami's fuel tank is filled up." Jas nodded again, "Is that all you're going to do?" Jas nodded again and laughed. "You're hopeless."


"I've known that for awhile," Ryoko whispered.


"So have I, but really Jas, it'll only take a few hours, and I don't think we're going to get very far in recovery in the amount of time."


"Go on Jas," said Ryoko, "I'll be fine." Jas sighed and got up.


"All right, but I'm not doing it again." The others laughed as he walked out of the room. (I don't want to have to do this, there is a one in a thousandth chances that something is going to happen, and I know this is going to be the one.) He flew to the docking bay and took off into space.


ooo


"Jas is hopeless," Kione said.


"I don't know Kione, he seems to be pretty attached to Ryoko," said Mihoshi. They had left the room so Ryoko could rest and were talking outside.


"Yeah, but I know he would never admit it," said Kione.


"I wonder what Ryoko thinks about him?" Mihoshi wondered.


"Well, we're not asking now, she's asleep, and maybe we don't want to know." Mihoshi nodded and they waited for Jas to get back.


ooo


"Chief, are you ready to go?" Jas asked as he walked into the office.


"Jas, I was expecting Kione and Mihoshi, and yes, I am ready, you can explain to me about what happened on the way there." Jas did so, and when they got to the hospital, Jas was relieved that nothing had happened while he was gone.


"So what next?" Kione asked.


"We wait, just like we have been doing, and hope that something happens soon, something good," the chief answered.


"Exactly, and waiting is going to be the hardest part, as it always is," said Jas.


"Yeah well think about how Ryoko feels, this is going to seem like an eternity to her, I hope she can take," said Kione.


"She'll have to, unless of course she goes completely nuts and kills herself, and I pray that won't happen."


-You won't have to. -


"What?"


-I can here you guys loud and clear in here, yeah be a bit quieter, I won't go nuts, I promise, and you relax, I don't want you to strain yourself over me, I'm not worth that. -


"Oh yeah," Jas mumbled to himself.


"Was that Ryoko speaking to you?" Kione asked.


"Yeah, she told us not to worry about her going nuts and killing herself, she won't."


"And?"


"That's for me to know and you to find out," Jas said.


"Jas. What is it something personal?"


"No, just something directed to me, that's all, you have one nasty mind in that head of yours."


-And what's in that head of yours? -


-Are you listening through me? -


-Yes, is that so wrong, or are you worried I'm going to look through your memories and thoughts? -


-Well, yes, leave me alone. -


"Again?" Jas nodded.


"She's listening through me, and it's not funny, wait a second-" -Are also seeing through my eyes? -


-I wish, I really tried, but it didn't work. I guess since I can't see I can't see through other people either, guess I just have to wait. -


"What did you ask Jas?" Kione asked.


"I was asking if he was seeing through my eyes, but she's not, she couldn't." They nodded and they continued on their conversation. Later Jas took the chief quickly back to HQ, then came back to talk with Kione and Mihoshi until they left to go to their hotel.


"So, are there any updates yet?" Ryoko asked him as he walked in.


"None yet, but I hope soon." Ryoko nodded oddly from her position, and Jas held back a laugh.


"I heard that."


"You hear everything. So, what are you going to do after you get your surgery?"


"Go to where that guy is and cuss him out."


"Wait in line, I'm first."


"Why, you didn't get your eyes shot out."


"No, but my partner did, so there."


"What is with you, you've been treating me like more than a friend lately."


"So, what does it say to you?"


"Nothing, it's just, ever since we battled Kagato you've been so different to me, like something happened to you, but what?" Jas gulped.


(Wonderful, Jas hide your self a little more, her senses are even better now so stop losing it.) "I don't know, but I do know that I want you to be able to see again."


"Jas that's the third time you've told me that. I know, you want me to see again, but what if the surgery never happens?"


"One: don't even say that, and Two: I'd go and blow up that guy then sue the doctor for saying he could do it."


"Sometimes I have to wonder about you."


"Hey, you asked, so I answered." Ryoko smiled and sighed, "What's wrong?"


"Nothing, I'm just getting stiff from lying here, my back feels like an old pole."


"You're allowed to sit up right?" Ryoko nodded, "Okay." He helped her sit up, and then cracked her back.


"Thanks, I needed that."


"No problem."


"You should go Jas, the nurse is going to be here soon to shoo you out anyway."


"Okay, I gave them my cell phone number just in case, see you tomorrow," and he left.


ooo


For the next few days, the waiting continued. Jas stayed at the hospital most of the day, meeting up Kione and Mihoshi for a while to talk, then went back to Ryoko. A week past and still nothing, Kione and Mihoshi went back to work and would tell the chief what was going on so far.


"I hate waiting," Jas moaned.


"You are putting it very mildly, mine goes beyond that," Ryoko said. They were both beginning to lose hope, and neither of them liked it.


"I'm going to go for a walk, I'll be back in a little while." He walked out of the room and out of the hospital. He walked around the town for a while; stopping and looking out over the pier before he started walking back, then his phone rang.


"Hello? What? You're serious, great; I'll be there in a few minutes. Yes!" He flew to the hospital and ran to Ryoko's room and arrived there when the nurse came out.


"I just gave here the anesthetic, so she'll be dropping off in a few minutes." Jas nodded and walked in.


"Took it long enough."


"Yeah," she already sounded drowsy, "I'm nervous that it won't work."


"Then don't think it, it's going to work Ryoko, it's been successful in the past, it'll work."


"I hope." She sounded like she was about to drop off.


"It'll work, and like I said, if it doesn't, I'm suing the guy." Ryoko didn't respond. Jas shook her slightly, but she didn't wake up. (Out like a light,) he thought. Then he bent down and kissed her, "Good luck."


ooo


Author's Note: Wow, there's actually a longer chapter in here, what a concept. Hope you guys are still enjoying this. Review me and tell me what you think.