Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Partnership ❯ Chapter 16

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Tenchi Muyo.

-Telepathy-


(Thoughts)


Chapter 16


When Jas and Ryoko arrived at HQ the next day they were hesitant about going in.


"I know people are going to tease us and I'm not in the mood for it," Ryoko said.


"Who is?" Jas asked. Ryoko shrugged and they left the cockpit. They got to the entrance and hesitated, but then they both just went through and inside.


-I guess the chief told them not to say anything, - Ryoko thought to him.


-I guess so, but I still don't want to waste time getting to his office, let's go. - They walked quickly, but when they turned the corner, they met Kione and Mihoshi.


"Hi," she giggled. Jas cleared his throat and continued walking; Ryoko right behind him, but then Jas smacked Kione in the back of the head and took off running. "Hey!" Ryoko followed Jas, who was laughing back at Kione. Ryoko followed Jas down a hall, she looked to see where Kione was and saw she was way behind.


"Jas," she whispered, "in here." She opened a door and he ran in, and she it behind him and stood there like nothing had happened. When Kione came running around the corner she asked Ryoko which way Jas had gone, and she pointed her in the wrong direction. When she had gotten out of sight, Ryoko tapped the door and Jas stuck his head out.


"All clear?" he asked. Ryoko nodded and they went down the hall leading to the chief's office.


"Why did you do that?" Ryoko asked him.


"Because I wanted to, and that was a good trick, she's probably still running around. Boy she's gonna be mad later."


"And then I'm involved, but I put myself into it." They reached the office and walked inside.


"Ah, there you two are, or should I say love birds?"


"No," they chorused and he laughed.


"I know, I'm kidding. So, when's the wedding?" Ryoko quickly hid her left hand. "To late Ryoko, I saw the ring flash when you walked in." Ryoko smiled and pulled her hand back out.


"Looks like I get to call Sampson and tell him to cancel." Jas mumbled. She giggled quietly and the chief gave them their next assignment, which turned out to be planning their wedding. "Can he read minds?" Jas asked as they walked out of the office. Ryoko shrugged and they headed for his office, but then were stopped in their tracks by a yell behind them.


"Hold it right there you two!" Kione yelled as she walked up. They turned around to see a steaming mad Kione, with a nervous Mihoshi behind her.


"Hi," Jas said smiling.


"My rear end. Why did you smack me in the head?"


"Because I wanted to, plus you were getting annoying."


"I would be beating you up at the moment," Kione growled, "but I don't want to get tackled by your girlfriend in the process."


"I think the correct name would be fiancŽe," Ryoko interrupted. Kione's jaw dropped and she stared back and forth at them. "Nice face, better move it before it sticks," Ryoko said smiling. Kione shut her mouth and hugged them both.


"So," she asked, "When's the wedding?"


"That is one of the many things we have to figure out," Jas said lifting up a list. Kione smiled and ran off with Mihoshi to tell everyone else.


"Time to get started." Ryoko said as they got to Jas's office and sat down at his desk. It took them three hours to do half of the list, the rest would take travel time and writing, something they really didn't want to do at the moment.


"I hate planning things," Jas groaned.


"It's no picnic for me either," Ryoko retorted, "I hate it just as much as you, but it's something we have to do." Jas groaned and nodded and they went back to the list, but soon got fed up with it and put it aside.


"Now I want to tear the thing apart," Jas laughed. Ryoko smiled and nodded, she still had to tell the Masakis' if Kione and Mihoshi hadn't told them already.


"We should go to Earth and tell the Masakis' about this, and so they can get the shrine ready."


"Yeah, and I need to call Sampson and tell him the change." They got up and went to the docking bay. On the way they met up with Kione and Mihoshi and asked them if they had told the Masakis' about the engagement.


"Nope," she answered, "but I want to be there when you tell them, so wait up!" They stopped and let them catch up, and then they went to the docking bay. They flew to Earth in silence. Ryoko and Jas teleported down and waited for Kione and Mihoshi to get there.


ooo


"You know who we haven't seen in awhile," said Sasami, "Ryoko and her partner. What was his name?"


"Jas." Washu answered.


"Oh yeah." She looked out the window for a while, and then she heard the front door open. Sasami got up to meet who she thought was Kione and Mihoshi, but she got a surprise. "Hi Ryoko!" There were some thuds in the living room and they went to see who had fallen over.


"That looks funny." Jas laughed. Ayeka, Washu, and Tenchi had fallen off the couch; the only one still on the couch was Katsuhito.


"Well, it's nice to see you Ryoko," he said, "Same to you Jas." Jas waved from behind Ryoko, who smiled up at him.


"What brings you two to Earth?" Tenchi asked, "And why are you wearing sunglasses?" Ryoko sighed and told them about the glasses. When she looked up to see them and saw they all had shocked faces.


"I knew that would happen," Ryoko said taking off her glasses. Their facial expressions changed immediately.


"Okay," said Kione, "tell them the real reason you're here." The others gave them confused looks. Ryoko shot Kione a dirty look, but her and Mihoshi we trying to hide their giggles.


"What are they laughing about?" Tenchi asked.


"Something that really isn't that funny," Jas said.


"Well, what is it?" Ryoko held up her left hand and let the ring shine in the sunlight. Everyone broke out with excitement, asking it had happened, when the marriage was, and just congratulating them, but it sounded like mostly babble to Ryoko and Jas, who were trying to make sense of what they were saying.


"This looks funny," Kione said. Finally the commotion settled down and people were able to understand each other. Ryoko asked if having the wedding here at the shrine. Nobody had a problem with it, and then Ryoko and Jas explained the rest of the details. Jas had contacted Sampson and told him about the change. Sampson had no problem with it, he had gotten a request early to wed another couple the same time Jas and Ryoko wanted, so their cancellation was a help to him.


"And that completes the list." Ryoko said later.


"Yes," Jas said relieved, "I was getting ready to burn it."


"You'd burnt it I'd have burnt your rear." Jas laughed and sat back in his chair. They had gone back to Nigami to discuss things, and they had finished the list in the process.


"So now what do you want to do?" Jas asked.


"How about going back to Earth, I would like to visit before we get started get everything started."


"Okay," They teleported down and walked to the house, but they had landed in the middle of the forest. Jas was looking around in the darkness.


"Something doesn't feel right," Ryoko said, "Like something's been added, but I can't quite put my finger on it."


"I know what you mean," Jas said, "The last time I felt like this was when we met the Damo and the other blade lions."


"Same here, but they can't be here, can they?" As she said that a rustling behind them caught their attention. In the bushes a pair of glowing cat eyes were looking at them. They both tensed until the source walked out, and it was a blade lion, and it was Damo.


-Sorry to startle you, - he said.


"How did you get here?" Ryoko asked.


-Not long after you two had left our planet began to die. Just before it exploded I wished we were in a safe place, a place that had people there we knew, and we were brought here, my entire clan and the rest of my species. Some other animals were brought from the planet, but it was those that wouldn't cause attention. -


"And you guys won't cause attention?" Jas asked skeptically.


-We can keep ourselves hidden, don't worry about us. -


"Okay," Ryoko said, "Looks like we'd better tell everyone else about them." Jas nodded and they waved good-bye to Damo and went to the house.


"Before you guys get settled for the night, we need to show you something." The family looked at them confused but followed them out to the forest.


"Ryoko, what's up?" Tenchi asked.


"You'll see." They walked in a little deeper and they stopped. "Great, how do we find him?" Ryoko whispered to Jas.


"How should I know?" he replied. They thought for a minute, and then Ryoko called in telepathy.


-Damo, could you come here please, slowly? - They heard quiet rustling and turned to the bushes.


"A word of warning," Jas said, "This is going to look very odd, so please don't scream." When Damo came out, everyone did what Jas told them and ran to the house.


-So much for them listening to you, - said Damo.


"Shut up," Jas said.


"Come with us Damo," said Ryoko, "We'll make them see that you won't hurt them." They walked to the house and Ryoko made Damo wait outside until she called him in. "There, now is he so scary?"


"Yes," they all said at once.


"I'm surprised at you Washu," Ryoko began, "I thought you'd be up here getting a closer look at him, you tried to catch ghost one time."


"Yeah, well ghost can't hurt you, he can," Washu replied, slightly screaming.


-I won't hurt you, - Damo said, -besides, my son was the one who got these two together. -


"Hey!" Jas and Ryoko yelled at him. Nobody could in there laughter after Damo said that, and Damo had to start running because Jas had stared chasing him.


"Like I said," Ryoko said as she ran out of the house to stop Jas.


"Hey Ryoko!" Ryoko turned around to see Sasami, "What are these animals called?"


"Blade lions," Ryoko answered as she ran out to see how far Jas and Damo had gotten. When she got out there she was nearly knocked over when Jas ran up next to her and behind her. She looked to see why and saw that Damo's whole clan had come out to defend him, and now her mind was filled with the laughter of all the blade lions.


"I don't think that's funny," Jas panted. Ryoko hid her laughter behind one hand and took Jas's hand went back into the house.


"What happened?" Washu asked.


"Jas got chased by Damo's clan, he's not doing that again is he?"


"Nope," Jas answered as he sat down on the couch next to Kione.


"You always rush in and do stupid things," Kione said, "You've had some close calls, and so have you Ryoko."


"Shut up," they both said. The family laughed. Later they went to bed. Jas got a couch, which he just barely fit on and Ryoko laughed at him because of it.


ooo


Author's Note: Hey, I finally updated. Sorry about the wait, I've had a lot to do lately and the last thing on my mind has been working on fanfiction. Well, hopefully I'll be able to update more, but I can't make promises. Bye for now.